• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slamo
    it's been a while since i been in a good one of those. Where's moose? :p
    Here I am, quite drunk at this point in time :D

Originally posted by Slamo
    No, it's not Camry VS Commodore, it's just moose proving that he doesn't like Australian made things.

Obviously not very patriotic. Maybe he likes sending Australian jobs to other countries. Who knows?
    I would still like to know how purchasing any Australian built foreignly owned car is being less patriotic than buying a Holden? :devil win

Comment

• Anyway Moose and Slamo can battle it out...

Meanwhile in the next couple weeks I am getting a new sports exhaust system for my baby.

What does everyone think of this?

- A single 2.5" Mandrel Bent Sports System - Genie Stainless Steel
      - Pacemaker Extractors

It already has cold air intake, I might get a performance air filter but I've told it makes no difference. once the exhaust is done I am going to get it computer tuned with a new chip - should be nice(r) :)
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• Sounds good,

I've got to get at least a new tailpipe and tip for my car's exhaust system as the current exhaust is rusted and full of holes (badly)

having it sitting there not being driven while i wait to get my licence back isn't good for that either.

it's going again tho, new windscreen and drivers side window (dad got that with an angle grinder while cutting rust out of the roof) and now the driver side window winder works again.

Now all i gotta do is get the new zorst and start wiring all my sh!t up to it, alarm etc.

if only i had the time, time and money.

but everyone has that problem, right?
        SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
        Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

• U guys down under have a lot of great cars to choose from. The usa/canada version of that car(chevy cavalier z-24) is frontwheel drive with a crappy small motor, just like the rest of the models.
          Sweet ride MR TWEAK, :thumb: I would love that car. But they are not available here. The only thing left with v8 and rwd is mustang, camaro, corvette, and trucks. No 4 door v8 cars left except cadilac and lincoln and even those are fwd. And the Ausie mustang still has a 351w(5.8L) as an option far as I know. The 5.0L is no more here. The last time I looked at Holden's site I was amazed at the huge 5.7L motors in most of the cars.
          So over here most ppl go classic with no good affordable new cars on the market.
          Arent yanks the only ones left using miles?
          athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
          tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
          asus a7n8xe-dlx
          thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
          bfg 6800gt
          seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
          samsung dvdrw
          2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
          logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
          2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
          creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
          mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
          DFI infinity nf4 ultra
          thermaltake tsunami dream -black
          seagate sataII 500gb
          evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
          samsung sata dvd-rw
          2x1024 ocz black
          logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
          ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

• Nope us british still use miles as well:thumb:

Comment

• just stick in a twin-turbo......(remember 2 put low compression pistons or you'd see 1 of those flyin up).
              its a v6 so am pretty sure you could try sticking 1 of those, but if you don't want turbo's.....just make the engine bigger of better compression......
              actually...american cars can do a lot more, it just depends on the hp and the transmission, if the transs is close ratio, you wont get a lot of speed but you will get 2 the limit faster........but there's always the option of gettin a high ratio which will give lots more speed but you wont get faster 2 that speed limit. now if you really want a fast car(which isn't street legal), go for american dragster's......those come with really big blocks, superchargers, noz and make around 6000 hp(you can try 2 get almost 1000hp per cylinder) or a really fast car that's street legal....there's the buggati or cadillac's V16.....both come with 1000 hp from factory(turbo's, 7 speed transs).

as for jap cars......get a toyota supra...or a mitsubishi 3000gt........nissan skyline, 300xz and others, there's the high end versions that come with twin-turbo allready.

Comment

• Originally posted by [size=6
                rugbydude[/size]]
                Nope us british still use miles as well:thumb:
                Even though the imperial mile is different from the yank one (the same with the imperial gallon as to the US gallon and true English to Yank English) the brits (for those who keep up to date) are changin' over to the metric system as well (after several aborted attemps due to failure to comprehend it). :rolleyes2

Comment

• To be honest, I have no idea why we Americans dont go to the metric system, It gets us thrown off, becuase it is quite different from all other countries, and hell, The Metric system is MUCH easier to learn and understand.

Comment

• Comment

• The wife and I just bought a brand new 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R !!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
                      Hopefully we'll get it on Monday (July 28th) as that will be our 2 year wedding anniversary ! :woot: :woot: :woot:
                      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

• Originally posted by E^vol
                        The wife and I just bought a brand new 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R !!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
                        Hopefully we'll get it on Monday (July 28th) as that will be our 2 year wedding anniversary ! :woot: :woot: :woot:
                        Sweet!

Show us some pictures when you get her!
                        Managing Director
                        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• But what would we do with all of our Craftsman/Snap-On non-metric tools??? They are warrantied for life, you think we could turn em in for metric ones???

Comment

• Metric went over well here in 1977.
                            U guys spend too much $ on cars.(observation)
                            The best car I ever had was my beloved 1975 9c1 chev nova 4dr rcmp interceptor. I payed $150 for it. The spedo was in miles since it was older than 1977. It had a 350 vette motor that needed 98 octane fuel and a stage 2 shift kit in the t400 tranny and posi diff. It had no wheels when I towed it home. I scavenged parts from my other cars for it: Hooker headers, dynomax mufflers, h pipe, crager sst unilug mags, accel 57kv hei supercoil and dist. p285/60/r15 radial t/a's back p215/70/r15 front. I spent a total of $500 fixing it up(mostly on tires).

That car did 13.5sec/quater mile.
                            The top speed was unknown, it shook violently at any more than 135mph(215kph) and I was scared it would come apart.

That was back in '95 before being tied down.

One time a kid in his mom's brand new (1200km) '96 toyota camry ran a stopsign and I hit it broadside at 50kph, totaled it($21000 damage) and I drive away with a burnt headlight thanks to the 9c1 super crash bumpers.
                            Those were the days. Hope I didnt bore you.

This is what it looked like ,same colour except it was 4dr. Then the x old lady gave my spare keys to her new squeeze. He stole it and I never saw it again.
                            athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                            tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                            asus a7n8xe-dlx
                            thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                            bfg 6800gt
                            seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                            samsung dvdrw
                            2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
                            logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
                            2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
                            creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
                            mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
                            DFI infinity nf4 ultra
                            thermaltake tsunami dream -black
                            seagate sataII 500gb
                            evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
                            samsung sata dvd-rw
                            2x1024 ocz black
                            logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
                            ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

• Hmmm, a beast in disguise. My car does a quater mile in about 12.5 and its top speed is 220k as is stock. With a chip and exhaust it may go quicker but top speed doesnt really bother me as 220k is already pretty fast and the fastest I have driven in the past few months is 150k on the freeway...
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• 12.5????

Are you sure?

You might want to check those figures

Comment

Working...
                                X