Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Originally posted by Krysaenaar View Post
    Oh my apologies.

Spec now added to sig
    Folks, please don't use signatures for system specs, for the sake of clutter and real estate. We have this great pull-down menu by our names in each post where that info belongs.

Comment

I'm trying to update system spec but via pull down menu but I'm not able to store the date?

pls advise how to proceed.

tks.

Comment

Originally posted by polypenko View Post
        I'm trying to update system spec but via pull down menu but I'm not able to store the date?

pls advise how to proceed.

tks.
        Sorry, I'm not a mod and I don't know every feature of the board's design, but why would you need to put a date in your system specs? It would only be relevant to discussion what you currently have...

Comment

typo error DATA I'm trying to create the pc specs pull down menu when I fill in the data the system says profile update but
          when I than check all data is blanc.

I'm responspondig to

Folks, please don't use signatures for system specs, for the sake of clutter and real estate. We have this great pull-down menu by our names in each post where that info belongs.

unquote

Comment

Once again, there's a problem with the PC Specs feature.
            I tried to add a new entry but the new entry wasn't saved.
            PM sent to TT administration describing the problem.

**edit**
            You can still manually add your hardware list by using the Edit Signature feature: http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature
            Last edited by profJim; 05-24-2012, 12:13 PM.
            Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
            P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
            4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
            MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
            Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
            WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
            SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
            Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
            Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
            Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
            MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
            Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
            HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
            CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
            E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
            Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
            Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
            HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Will fix my signature when i get home.
              Just fired up my wifi version the other day. It has F4. Chip sets loaded, windows updates loaded, a well as GPU, LAN, Sound, &GPU drivers.
              Board date is 3/12.
              I wrote Gigabyte about my Sammy Ram and it's compatible.
              So far no issues.
              I guess I'm OK until i load the USB 3.0 drivers eh?
              Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
              Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
              16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
              Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
              Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
              1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
              Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
              Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Comment

My z77x-ud5 with Bios F7 is quite stable (no freezes so far)

Whilst testing Beta bios f8c and or f8d I am unable to enter the Bios screen when my
                Logitech Momo Steering Wheel is attached to a usb port, and I get random freezes in
                Windows 7 (mouse/keyboard) not responding.

Have the latest Intel usb 3.0 driver 103.214 installed.

Comment

Originally posted by polypenko View Post
                  My z77x-ud5 with Bios F7 is quite stable (no freezes so far)
                  Have the latest Intel usb 3.0 driver 103.214 installed.
                  I'm using USB3 driver version 1.0.4.225 (found on Intel site), with my Win 7 64-bit installation, also BIOS F7, seems all good so far.
                  It might just be worth you trying an update to see if that helps.
                  There seemed to be other stuff in the USB3 driver package that I wasn't sure if I needed, so I simply updated from Win7 device manager and let it find the components it wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                    Just thought I'd drop back in and say what fixed this for me, for now, still waiting for final BIOS fix.
                    I found a memory compatibility issue with two different types of IC's (Hynix BFR / Samsung HYK0), that are used in 4GB based modules. I've sent in a report and they are aware of the issue and working to correct it.
                    The ONLY thing that fixed this for me was to go back to 2GB based modules, instantly freezes and instant reboots were gone!! I must have missed this before in my initial attempts at switching around various memory kits!
                    So, if you are having these issues, and are using 4GB based memory kits, please switch over to 2GB based kits if you can and that should help until they get new BIOSes out!
                    There may be added compatibility for 4GB modules in the latest UD5H BIOS, not sure as I'm using UD3H BIOS and have not tested UD5H one yet. Nor have I tested any of the latest Final BIOSes that just came out yet, will test those with 4GB kits tonight
                    What I got from Gigabyte after asking aboutm my RAM in particular........

"The purpose of this mail is to inform you that your question sent to GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY earlier has been replied.
                    If you cannot connect to the reply by clicking on the image above, please cut and paste the entire Web address below into the address field of your browser to read our reply :"

"Is this Memory compatible with the ga-z77x-ud5h-wb? SAMSUNG Desktop Memory Model MV-3V4G3/US, 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)?"

"Dear Customer
                    As long as the memory are non ecc un-buffered DDR3 memory it should not be an issue to be used."
                    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
                    Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
                    16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
                    Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
                    Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
                    1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
                    Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
                    Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Comment

Originally posted by fastie View Post
                      I'm using USB3 driver version 1.0.4.225 (found on Intel site), with my Win 7 64-bit installation, also BIOS F7, seems all good so far.
                      It might just be worth you trying an update to see if that helps.
                      There seemed to be other stuff in the USB3 driver package that I wasn't sure if I needed, so I simply updated from Win7 device manager and let it find the components it wanted.
                      I'm using the same driver and no problems.
                      Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                      Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                      PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                      Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                      Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                      HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                      SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Guys,

I am still getting the Lockup / Screech of Death.

Happens when i am playing games. Maybe once every 2/3 days.

I had the BCLK set to 100.1, but i read that 101.0 may solve the issue so i have just applied that.

I know it is early days and it is a new chipset but it is very annoying.
                        Fortress FT-02W | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H - wifi ([GA-Z77X-UD5H]) (F7 BIOS) | 3770K with Antec Kuhler 920 | Samsung Green 16GB 4x4GB (MV-3V4G3/US) | Evga GTX 680 | XFX 850w Silver | 1TB WD Black / Crucial M4 - 128 | Acer G24| G15 & G5 | X-FI + PC360 Cans | Win7 X64 |

Comment

what qpi/vtt or vccio and what dram voltages are you using?
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wazza,

I am atheos on the OcUK forums.

Thanks for the advice you gave man.

Just if people come across this thread from a google search i better repeat what i said there.

Hey wazza,

It always locks up when gaming (BF3 / Arma 2).

It happens about once in every 8 to 10 hours of gaming so maybe once every 3 days.

Everything is at stock apart from the RAM voltage which i set at 1.50v and of course BCLK to 101 now.
                            And you replied with
                            Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
                            if its in gaming its usually not enough dram or qpi/vtt

for dram id use atleast 1.55v,im running that much with my samsung green

and qpi/vtt id up it from stock 1.05v to 1.10v and test with gaming again,if same thing try 1.12v qpi/vtt,you can safely use upto 1.2v but you shouldnt need that much
                            Fortress FT-02W | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H - wifi ([GA-Z77X-UD5H]) (F7 BIOS) | 3770K with Antec Kuhler 920 | Samsung Green 16GB 4x4GB (MV-3V4G3/US) | Evga GTX 680 | XFX 850w Silver | 1TB WD Black / Crucial M4 - 128 | Acer G24| G15 & G5 | X-FI + PC360 Cans | Win7 X64 |

Comment

ahh ok no worries,there might be others who have that board who can help further,if you look in the gigabyte sniper/m3 thread some good settings/oc advise there too
                              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Since I use Bios F8 and changed my SSD from Crucial M4 to Intel 520, I had no freezes of the mouse/keyboard
                                whilst browing the internet.
                                Had a new problem "usb hub power surge msg." googled and found out a solution by removing all usb drivers
                                and re-installing them.
                                Last edited by polypenko; 06-06-2012, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X