X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by killkernel View Post
    Hello Prisvark, the Intel Gigabit EFI is downgraded because the V.6.2 wasn't working as expected as stated by SoniX that is the UBU developer (UEFI BIOS Updater : [Tool] "UEFI BIOS Updater" (UBU)).
    The Marvell OROMs if my mind assist me is an upgrade because i think that the V.1.0.1.0025 is a typo (the 1 is a 0 in the correct versioning) and infact i can confirm that the latest original F16 Beta from Gigabyte contain the Marvel 1.0.0.0034 OROMs.

Cheers,

KK
    Hello KK,

As Marvell OROM was updated from 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.1.0025 I thought it was less likely that this was a typo (from 0027 to 0025?). So I entered the setup and checked and can confirm that the latest OROM, or rather the highest version number, in fact is version 1.0.1.0025.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter OROM 1.0.1.0025.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	754511

Am I correct when I summarize the difference in GAZ77X-UD5H F16 Mod13 compared to MOD12:

• What’s updated is the latest SataDriver OROMS and Intel CPU MicroCode.
    • What’s downgraded, due to suspected issues, is Intel GigabitLanX64.
    • Downgraded Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter
    • Not mentioned by you: Intel Boot Agent GE (1.5.53 in MOD12) and Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS (2170 in MOD12).

You use the UBU tool to update the mods. Is it possible to use the tool on a Mod and upgrade from there or is the tool only safe to use on the original BIOS?

I also want to say thanks for your contribution to the community. It’s nice when people use their knowledge and time to help each other as you do!
    Last edited by Priskvark; 07-29-2014, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priskvark View Post
      Hello KK,

As Marvell OROM was updated from 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.1.0025 I thought it was less likely that this was a typo (from 0027 to 0025?). So I entered the setup and checked and can confirm that the latest OROM, or rather the highest version number, in fact is version 1.0.1.0025.

[ATTACH]7065[/ATTACH]

Am I correct when I summarize the difference in GAZ77X-UD5H F16 Mod13 compared to MOD12:

• What’s updated is the latest SataDriver OROMS and Intel CPU MicroCode.
      • What’s downgraded, due to suspected issues, is Intel GigabitLanX64.
      • Downgraded Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter
      • Not mentioned by you: Intel Boot Agent GE (1.5.53 in MOD12) and Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS (2170 in MOD12).

You use the UBU tool to update the mods. Is it possible to use the tool on a Mod and upgrade from there or is the tool only safe to use on the original BIOS?

I also want to say thanks for your contribution to the community. It’s nice when people use their knowledge and time to help each other as you do!

Hello Priskvark, thanks for your kind words but my contribution have "contributed" to some confusion...
      The typo that i was trying to remind to myself was relating to a discussion regarding issues with Marvell controller firmware module update that didn't worked when updated and searching here in TTown i've found this: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...353-print.html but apologize me for this imprecision that generated doubts.

Last post by NoJuan999 that states "I'm 99.9% sure that the Marvel 91xx rom version 1.0.1.0025 (131 KB) PCI ROM will NOT work in place of the 1.0.0.1033(512 KB) Firmware module in your BIOS. But feel free to try it, just be sure you can recover your BIOS if it fails."

Even thought there are not so different "numbers" between "BIOS" and "BOOT Loader" versioning that can be checked by Marvell software like in this screenshot:

The thing that was adressing me to the goodness of the update made by UBU is the fact that even Gigabyte in the latest beta for the Z77X-UD5H have incorporated the V.1.0.0.0034 firmware module, but anyway, if you prefer you can mod with UBU the previous-modded BIOS version and retain the V.1.0.1.0025 Marvell OROMs and update new stuffs.

Regarding the mods or downgrade:

• What’s updated is the latest SataDriver OROMS and Intel CPU MicroCode. -----> TRUE
      • What’s downgraded, due to suspected issues, is Intel GigabitLanX64. -----> TRUE
      • Downgraded Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter -----> It depends...
      • Not mentioned by you: Intel Boot Agent GE (1.5.53 in MOD12) and Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS (2170 in MOD12). ----> Not mentioned because are the same.

Have a nice evening.

Cheers,

KK
      Last edited by killkernel; 07-30-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

A little review on my self-modified F14e BIOS for the GA-X79-UD5:

Bugfix: COmpared to the previous F14d and F14c, southbridge-attached Marvell SATA and Intel LAN WORK again at BCLK >100 MHz!!!
        iRST Option ROM 13.2 works too.

Stability is the same as on 14d and 14c. Requires non-k overlocking set to DISABLED, Spread Spectrum Clocking to AUTO (instead of 0.05%), and voltage regulation frequency set to 750 kHz/350/auto/auto/350 to be totally OCCT stable. Means it is actually less stable than 14b since it requires more options and tinkering.

Comment

Originally posted by petermk View Post
          yes any chance you could mod plz and update thanks
          any one out there ? could update thanks Z87 - F4a
          Last edited by petermk; 07-29-2014, 04:23 PM.
          i5 4670k @4.4
          G1.sniper z87 bios F4-MOD
          AMD Radeon R9 280X
          Kingston hyper x 1600 2x4gb-XMP
          Kingston 120gb ssd
          Samsung 500gb
          coolmaster 750w power pack
          CPU cooler H80 custom by myself
          windows 8.1 with update

Comment

Hello KK,

Hello Priskvark! Some informations to clear doubts (credits and thanks to Fernando of WinRAID ) :

Marvell 91xx (SATA3) AHCI/RAID ROM modules:
            • <big>Download links:</big>
              • >Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM v1.0.0.1038 for DEV_9123< (>MIRROR<)
                Note: This is the newest Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM module, uncompressed size: 33 KB, unmodified usable with DEV_9123 Marvell 91xx SATA Controllers. Credits go to kgbab for having found and posted the original module.
                Here are some v1.0.0.1038 Marvell AHCI ROM modules, which have been already customized for other DeviceIDs (thanks to SoniX for the checksum correction):

Note: Credits go to SoniX for the alignment correction.
              • General remarks:
                An update of the Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM module may only be useful for systems with a Marvell 91xx chip, which offers full RAID support (Marvell 91xx RAID mode option has to be available in the BIOS). For details look <a href="http://www.win-lite.de/wbb/board208-specials/board281-bios-bios-modding/17000-ahci-raid-rom-modules-for-bios-modding-already-extracted/index11.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" ao_sl_mouseout="function (e){}" ao_sl_blur="function (e){}" ao_sl_cont="function (e){}" ao_sl_href="http://www.win-lite.de/wbb/board208-specials/board281-bios-bios-modding/17000-ahci-raid-rom-modules-for-bios-modding-already-extracted/index11.html" ao_sl_vle="null" ao_sl_clk="function (e){}"><acronym>>here<</acronym>.
                Compatibility:
                According to the hex code this actual Marvell 91xx ROM version should support the following DeviceIDs: 9023, 9028, 90A3, 90A8, 9110, 9111, 9120, 9122, 9123, 9125, 9128, 9130, 9171, 9172, 9179, 917A, 9181, 9182, 918A, 9189, 9190, 9191, 91A0 and 91A2.
                Attention: Nevertheless it is necessary to open the ROM module with a hex editor and to look into the 3rd line (offset 20) for the correct Marvell AHCI Controller DeviceID of the mainboard. If the system has a DEV_9120 Controller, the hex code has to be "4B 1B 20 91", whereas DEV_9123 needs an "4B 1B 23 91" entry. Other DeviceIDs need a similar alteration of the related hex code pairs. If the Marvell ROM update with this version should fail, the user may have to take another version, which is more specific regarding the DeviceID of the onboard Marvell 91xx SATA Controller (look
                <a href="http://www.win-lite.de/wbb/board208-specials/board281-bios-bios-modding/16658-bios-modding-how-to-update-pci-rom-modules-of-an-ami-phoenix-award-bios/index3.html#post153740" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" ao_sl_mouseout="function (e){}" ao_sl_blur="function (e){}" ao_sl_cont="function (e){}" ao_sl_href="http://www.win-lite.de/wbb/board208-specials/board281-bios-bios-modding/16658-bios-modding-how-to-update-pci-rom-modules-of-an-ami-phoenix-award-bios/index3.html#post153740" ao_sl_vle="null" ao_sl_clk="function (e){}"><acronym>>here<</acronym>).

Here are some special Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM modules:

Here are the latest complete Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM modules (incl. Firmware/BIOS and Bootloader):

<big>Important remarks:</big>

a) Update of all Non-UEFI and some UEFI BIOSes:

b) Update of an AMI UEFI BIOS:

• Many AMI UEFI BIOSes just contain 1 single Marvell 91xx PCI ROM module. It includes everything, which is needed for a proper function of the Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID Controller. This module is situated within the BIOS file named CSMCORE and can easily been updated with the Aptio UEFI MMTool. The download link to the actual complete module containing the Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM and the additional Marvell 91xx BIOS is above.

Hope this will help in understanding what the "marvellous" Marvell does with it's controllers...

Cheers,

KK
            Last edited by killkernel; 07-30-2014, 04:41 AM.

Comment

According to the http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post485165 Stasio post I have downgraded Intel Legacy/UEFI RAID to 13.1.0.2126 and added SLIC 2.3 (Dell)

GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod13 SLIC 2.3 (rev1.0 and 1.1)
              z77xud5h_mod13_SLIC23.f16.zip

to Killkernel http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post474934
              Last edited by softhive; 07-31-2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by softhive View Post
                Thanks a lot softhive!

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Originally posted by taxman View Post
                  Hi guys.

Can i please request updated bios for:
                  GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 (rev. 1.0)
                  Bios

Thanks for your time.
                  Bumb :)

Comment

Hello, somepoeple try the x79 UD3 F21b bios? Modded or not? Im still whit the F20 modded bios from now many month. Should i upgrade? Or wait another "stable" release?

Comment

Originally posted by softhive View Post
                      According to the http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post485165 Stasio post I have downgraded Intel Legacy/UEFI RAID to 13.1.0.2126 and added SLIC 2.3 (Dell)
                      At least on the X79 boards the 13.2 seems to work. All non-X boards are definetly another story...

Currently using 13.2 on my X79-UD5 with no apparent issues.

Comment

Originally posted by killkernel View Post
                        Hello Priskvark! Some informations to clear doubts (credits and thanks to Fernando of WinRAID ) :

Hope this will help in understanding what the "marvellous" Marvell does with it's controllers...

Cheers,

KK
                        [/URL]
                        Hi KK,

Thank you for yet another extensive post with important information.

For those of the readers here who might be interested in what people say and think about the version numbers and which of the version really is newer you can read from this post in and the following posts.

The conclusion may be the version 1.0.1.0025 exists (of course) but probably the lower version number v1.0.0.0034 is newer...

Comment

Originally posted by Amurtigress View Post
                          At least on the X79 boards the 13.2 seems to work. All non-X boards are definetly another story...

Currently using 13.2 on my X79-UD5 with no apparent issues.

Comment

Hi KK,

Thank you for yet another extensive post with important information.

For those of the readers here who might be interested in what people say and think about the version numbers and which of the version really is newer you can read from this post in Fernando’s Win-RAID Forum and the following posts.

The conclusion may be the version 1.0.1.0025 exists (of course) but probably the lower version number v1.0.0.0034 is newer...
                            Hello Priskvark! The versioning "seems" downgraded but there are concrete motivations that Softhive have reminded to me/us: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post474934

That's why Gigabyte have included into the latest beta of Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H the V.1.0.0.0034 as indicated by Stasio that have redirected Gigabyte about the issue of the lacking Legacy code of the V.1.0.1.0025.

Thanks again to Softhive for the precious reminder.

Have a nice week-end!

Cheers,

KK
                            Last edited by killkernel; 08-02-2014, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post
                              Welcome

GA-Z77X-UP5TH BIOS F12j mod9

Modified with :

Intel Legacy RAID ROM 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2030
                              Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2030
                              Marvell 88SE91xx SATA RAID 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.1.0025
                              Intel Boot Agent PXE 1.3.81 to 1.5.48
                              Intel EFI UNDI 4.9.00 to 6.0.24
                              Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA 2137 PC 14.34 to 2170
                              Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
                              Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
                              CPU MicroCode Pack (with Sandy 6A728 and Ivy 6A919)
                              ME Firmware 8.1.30.1350 to 8.1.51.1471
                              Modified splash logo 2
                              Would anyone be willing to mod Intel RAID ROM and SataDriver v13.1.0.2126 into the BIOS F12J mod9

Comment

Originally posted by destructionj View Post
                                Would anyone be willing to mod Intel RAID ROM and SataDriver v13.1.0.2126 into the BIOS F12J mod9
                                Update: This mod has been verified by destructionj and can be safely loaded to a GA-Z77X-UP5TH board.

GA-Z77X-UP5TH BIOS F12j mod10

Modified since mod9 with:

Intel Legacy RAID ROM 13.1.0.2030 to 13.1.0.2126
                                Intel UEFI SataDriver 13.1.0.2030 to 13.1.0.2126
                                Marvell 88SE91xx SATA RAID 1.0.1.0025 to 1.0.0.0034
                                CPU MicroCode Pack (with Ivy 6A919) to (Ivy 6A91B)

Not updated since mod9:

Intel Boot Agent PXE 1.5.48
                                Intel EFI UNDI 6.0.24
                                Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA 2170 PC 14.34
                                Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1024
                                Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1027
                                CPU MicroCode Pack (with Sandy 6A728)
                                ME Firmware 8.1.51.1471
                                Modified splash logo 2

ME Firmware Download from

and update yourself in Win mode

Or use ME Firmware 8.1.52.1496 included in this pack.
                                Go to directory MEupdate and chose Dos, Win or Win64.
                                Run flash.bat (as admin).
                                Last edited by Priskvark; 08-05-2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X