X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Hello guys and gals,

i have a gigabyte GA-Z77x-up4 with the F11a Bios and i got a i7 3770k. is there any modded F11a bios with updated cpu microcode update 19 and intel raid rom 12.7.0.1936?

can anyone please make one for me? thank u so much

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDaffy View Post
      Freezing (hopefully) solved!
      Caused by combination of Intel RST driver version 12.7.0.1036 WHQL and SpeedFan version 4.49.

More details you can find here.
      0002149: BSOD when SpeedFan starting - Almico's Bug Tracker
      And here.
      Intel RST 12.7.0.1036 WHQL - Bug

Also my computer would not shut down had to go back to the the old ones and it all works now ..
      version 12.6.3.1000
      Thanks
      Last edited by MrBeer; 07-23-2013, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBeer View Post
        Also my computer would not shut down had to go back to the the old ones and it all works now ..
        version 12.6.3.1000
        Thanks
        I tried 12.7.0.1036 WHQL on W8 Pro X64 and it shuts down and restarts just fine. Not using RAID here tho.

Comment

Originally posted by snight01 View Post
          Hello guys and gals,

i have a gigabyte GA-Z77x-up4 with the F11a Bios and i got a i7 3770k. is there any modded F11a bios with updated cpu microcode update 19 and intel raid rom 12.7.0.1936?

can anyone please make one for me? thank u so much

Hi,
          There you go:

F11a modded with:
          -microcode 19
          -Intel Rom 12.7.0.1936
          -Realtek 2.56

Note: Efi Sata driver was not updated though due to the lack of space. If BOTH are needed ask Stasio

z77xup4thmodrom.11a

Here for the latest Z77 MEI firmeware
          ME_8.1.40.1416 Firmware.7z

Cheers
          Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
          GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
          16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
          OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
          Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Comment

Originally posted by ZzBloopzZ View Post
            I tried 12.7.0.1036 WHQL on W8 Pro X64 and it shuts down and restarts just fine. Not using RAID here tho.
            hes right, sometimes my pc wont shutdown either, it gets right to thr point where it should switch off and I expect it causes a crash or something, then it restarts instead, but the power to the hdds as been cut, you can here them start up one by one, then carries on booting, been like this since 12.7.0.1036, I have the latest rom now, but still does it occasionally.
            A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybehr View Post
              Hi,
              There you go:

F11a modded with:
              -microcode 19
              -Intel Rom 12.7.0.1936
              -Realtek 2.56

Note: Efi Sata driver was not updated though due to the lack of space. If BOTH are needed ask Stasio

z77xup4thmodrom.11a

Here for the latest Z77 MEI firmeware
              ME_8.1.40.1416 Firmware.7z

Cheers
              Thank you so much teddybehr it works great!

Hey I guess stasio will be reading this so Hopefully he will put both for me and anyone else with my motherboard. Thanks stasio and teddybehr
              Last edited by snight01; 07-24-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snight01 View Post
                Thank you so much teddybehr it works great!

Hey I guess stasio will be reading this so Hopefully he will put both for me and anyone else with my motherboard. Thanks stasio and teddybehr
                Your welcome!

Actually, you usually don't need both unless you are in an exotic configuration with multiple OS in multiple boot and you have to change BIOS mode according to.

If your OS (I will assume Windows since I have not your specs) is installed in UEFI mode:

- In Windows 8, if your OS Disk (ssd or hdd) is formatted in gpt and you have 3 partitions (300mb recovery, 100mb efi, and whatever mb for main os), then your OS is installed in UEFI.
                - In Win 8 you run msinfo32.exe, and the "Bios Mode" shows UEFI then your OS is installed in UEFI mode.
                - In Windows 7 pretty much the same for the Disk formatted in gpt and the 3 partitions.

- If not, your OS is installed in normal MBR disk config (non-uefi) mode and therefore, you have the right modded Bios with the Intel orom.

Let me know if your OS is installed in UEFI mode and I will be happy to mod you one with the latest UEFI drivers (Efi Raid Satadriver 12.7.0.1936),IB microcode 19 and so on.

Cheers !
                Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
                GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
                16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
                OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server

Comment

Your welcome!

Actually, you usually don't need both unless you are in an exotic configuration with multiple OS in multiple boot and you have to change BIOS mode according to.

If your OS (I will assume Windows since I have not your specs) is installed in UEFI mode:

- In Windows 8, if your OS Disk (ssd or hdd) is formatted in gpt and you have 3 partitions (300mb recovery, 100mb efi, and whatever mb for main os), then your OS is installed in UEFI.
                  - In Win 8 you run msinfo32.exe, and the "Bios Mode" shows UEFI then your OS is installed in UEFI mode.
                  - In Windows 7 pretty much the same for the Disk formatted in gpt and the 3 partitions.

- If not, your OS is installed in normal MBR disk config (non-uefi) mode and therefore, you have the right modded Bios with the Intel orom.

Let me know if your OS is installed in UEFI mode and I will be happy to mod you one with the latest UEFI drivers (Efi Raid Satadriver 12.7.0.1936),IB microcode 19 and so on.

Cheers !
                  I guess i dont need the efi driver. The Cpu microcode rev 19 really shines. Much better performance and stability

My specs is Windows 7 64bit Enterprise. I got it installed in legacy only mode so i guess no need for efi.
                  Last edited by snight01; 07-24-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Please update Z77X UP7 bios to the latest and greatest features and released updates. Would love to have and be able to use cpu microcode rev 19. :)

As far as I can tell, the raid rom is already up to date, correct? I noticed other bioses received an update for realtek. Would the same need to be applied to this bios?

Update from '4 Weeks Ago'.
                    Originally posted by stasio View Post
                    Update from '06/05/2013'.
                    Originally posted by stasio View Post
                    I hope support for Z77X motherboards hasn't halted. Spending $400 on my premium board was quite expensive for me and I hope not to see support dropped for it. :/
                    Last edited by SecurityBunny; 07-24-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snout View Post
                      Hi stasio,
                      Any chance of updating the G1 Assassin x79 with the latest RSTe 3.8 Orom

Also including latest 12.7 RST orom
                      And Microcode ? If its compatible, im running the x3960 cpu.

Many Thx

Bump Stasio in Town..
                      G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
                      CPU Intel x3960
                      Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
                      Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
                      Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
                      Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
                      Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
                      Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
                      PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
                      Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
                      Screen Benq XL2420T 24
                      Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianAz View Post
                        Thanks! I'll give it a try with 1.0 files in first post.

Edit : The link in the first post is not working. Anyone have another source?

This is what I tried....
                        GA-EP45-UD3R Rev 1.0 Bios F12
                        Updated with...
                        Intel RAID Updated to: 11.5.0.1347
                        JMicron RAID Updated to: 1.07.28
                        RealTek PXE Updated to: 2.47
                        GA-EP45-UD3R_Rev.1.0_F12_6_12_12

Another Update: I found a working link in this post... perhaps the first post can be updated?

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post454008

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
                        Model: GA-EP45-UD3R Rev 1.0
                        Bios Type: Award
                        Bios Revision: F12

Oroms Updated to:
                        Intel Raid 11.6.0.1702
                        JMicron 1.07.28
                        Realtek PXE 2.54

Last edited by vailr; 07-26-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SecurityBunny View Post
                          Please update Z77X UP7 bios to the latest and greatest features and released updates. Would love to have and be able to use cpu microcode rev 19. :) As far as I can tell, the raid rom is already up to date, correct? I noticed other bioses received an update for realtek. Would the same need to be applied to this bios?I hope support for Z77X motherboards hasn't halted. Spending $400 on my premium board was quite expensive for me and I hope not to see support dropped for it. :/
                          z77xup7_f6d-mod2.zip

If you are not in UEFI mode just let me know and I will mod the Intel RST orom. Please see the above post to determine your OS status (UEFI or Legacy OS installation).For the MEI firmware please see the above post for the latest MEI Z77 firmware. Feedback appreciated.

Cheers
                          Last edited by Teddybehr; 07-25-2013, 09:35 PM. Reason: Reformat/add link

Comment

MediaFire - Online Space for your documents, photos, videos, and music. you are not in UEFI mode just let me know and I will mod the Intel RST orom. Please see the above post to determine your OS status (UEFI or Legacy OS installation).For the MEI firmware please see the above post for the latest MEI Z77 firmware.Cheers
                            I believe I am in UEFI mode. Would you mind uploading the bios to another hosting service? I am unable to download it through mediafire, as I am unable to locate a download button.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybehr
                              For some reason my ISP is blocked by TT, I am passing thru a web proxy. thus I have trouble to post on the forum. I reposted the link. If it didn't go well ... do a copy paste of the link and the link should finish by x1j1. Cut everything after that and paste it in your browser. That should do it hopefully. z77xup7_f6d-mod2.zip
                              Think I got the link. For everyone who wants it;

z77xup7_f6d-mod2.zip

Comment

Originally posted by tonus View Post
                                I reworked again with CBROM 1.15:
                                X58AUD5MOD.rar
                                GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 1.0 Bios F8b Mod
                                Updated with...
                                IRST 12.6.0.1867
                                Realtek 2.54
                                Jmicron 1.07.28

I am currently using Gigabyte X58A-UD5 Rev 2 Bios version FE is there a more up to date with the right drivers like you guys have vs my current settings?

Comment

Working...
                                X