X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Original BIOS GA-Z77-D3H - F19i
    Last edited by stasio; 06-07-2013, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks stasio
      Z77-D3H Rev 1.1
      GA-Z77-D3H BIOS F23a mod
      Core i5 3570K @ 3.8 MHz
      Kingston HyperX Blue 9-9-9-24 @ 1.65v
      Kingston SSD AHCI Mode
      Two 1TB Seagate
      ATI 6850
      850W 80+ Gold PSU
      Air Cooling
      Windows 7 x64 SP1

Comment

Originally posted by Bongkie View Post
        Thanks stasio

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
          Thanks much.

2 Questions:
          1. Would a copy of that "GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev.1.0)- F16c-mod2 -revised" bios, except also: updated with the newer Intel MEI firmware v. 8.1.40.1416 be of any usefulness to you, if I were to upload it somewhere?
          2. How to determine which board version of GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev.1.0 vs. Rev.1.1)?

Comment

Originally posted by vailr View Post
            It is printed on the motherboard in the corner by the PCI slots and front panel audio socket.
            * CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ Stock * Cooling: Corsair H80i / Noctua NF-F12 x2 * MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev. 1.1 - BIOS F16 Mod16) * RAM: Crucial 1600MHz DDR3 32GB (4x8GB) *
            * GPU: Intel HD 4000 (768MB) * Mon 1: Dell U2410 (A07) * Mon 2: Panasonic TX-P55VT50B * Cam: Logitech C910 HD * BD: Pioneer BDR-208DBK * HD 1: Crucial SSD M4-CT256M4SSD2 256GB *
            * HD 2: Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB * IR: Apple Infrared Board 922-7195 * WiFi & BT: Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac - Bluetooth 4.0 * PSU: Seasonic M12 - 600W *

Comment

Hi again,

Thanks for the revised mod. Will attempt mod2 shortly.

Please note, I chose not to do ALT - F10 as I couldn't be absolutely sure which way the copy process would happen (i.e. backup to main bios or main bios to backup). Therefore, I left the switch on main BIOS and (whilst PC off) held the power button for 10 / 15 secs. You have to keep holding even though the PC powers on. After 10 / 15 seconds the PC should switch back off. Power back on and wait for auto recovery to copy backup BIOS to main BIOS.

Hope this helps! Be careful not to mess up your backup BIOS too as otherwise you'll be really annoyed!

Comment

Yay! Mod2 works! Thanks v.much.

Interestingly, onboard sound is now stuttering every few minutes. Might have been present prior to BIOS mod so will check it out.

Thanks again!

Comment

Hello, stasio. Please update latest UEFI BIOS for GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with latest components (include ME firmware). Best regards, charlesward.

Comment

Originally posted by vailr View Post
                    Thanks much.

2 Questions:
                    1. Would a copy of that "GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev.1.0)- F16c-mod2 -revised" bios, except also: updated with the newer Intel MEI firmware v. 8.1.40.1416 be of any usefulness to you, if I were to upload it somewhere?

You can use both links.

Originally posted by charlesward View Post
                    Hello, stasio. Please update latest UEFI BIOS for GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with latest components (include ME firmware). Best regards, charlesward.
                    GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 U1d-modME Firmware 8.1.40.1416 should be flashed by yourself in Windows mode.

Edit:
                    Hope Ace will take over this thread soon...........
                    Last edited by stasio; 06-08-2013, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• Comment

Tried the beta driver on a GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev 1.0) with BIOS F16c-mod2 on Win7 x64 and trimcheck reports TRIM working *without* having to trigger it using AnvilPro.

Drives are 2 x Samsung 830 256GB on RAID 0.

Comment

Interesting, I wonder if it would do the same in OSX without having to use Clover to patch it?
                          * CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ Stock * Cooling: Corsair H80i / Noctua NF-F12 x2 * MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev. 1.1 - BIOS F16 Mod16) * RAM: Crucial 1600MHz DDR3 32GB (4x8GB) *
                          * GPU: Intel HD 4000 (768MB) * Mon 1: Dell U2410 (A07) * Mon 2: Panasonic TX-P55VT50B * Cam: Logitech C910 HD * BD: Pioneer BDR-208DBK * HD 1: Crucial SSD M4-CT256M4SSD2 256GB *
                          * HD 2: Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB * IR: Apple Infrared Board 922-7195 * WiFi & BT: Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac - Bluetooth 4.0 * PSU: Seasonic M12 - 600W *

Comment

My HTPC has a E8400 CPU on a Gigabyte G33M-DS2R motherboard with latest F9a BIOS released on 2009/07/31
                            I'd like to update the Option ROMs. Being an old Award BIOS it has Intel AHCI ROM v.1.20E and Intel MSM RAID ROM v7.5.0.1017.
                            So updating to latest Intel MSM RAID ROM v.8.9.0.1023 would be the only option ?
                            What would happen by removing the two old legacy Intel ROM modules and replacing them with the Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.6.0.1867 ? Would it work or would it just fail because the main BIOS module requires new settings to support it?

Then updating to Realtek LAN ROM v2.55 seems the only other possible upgrade.. the official latest BIOS for that motherboard has Realtek LAN ROM v.2.06.

Also, regarding the CRC32/MD5 checking on Gigabyte BIOSes.. how to fix it when updating/replacing an OptionROM module? You just use CBROM to do it ? Directly replacing the ROMs or reconstructing the whole BIOS structure?

I wanted to upgrade the Option ROMs if possible on that old motherboard before reinstalling Windows7 SP1 on it. I have been having some issues with the Realtek LAN not working properly sometimes (dropping down to 100Mbps or disconnecting at random) .. so I wanted to update the Option ROM avoiding using a PCI NIC.
                            Having to modify the BIOS anyway I wanted to know up to which Intel AHCI/RAID Option ROM version it could have been upgraded to.
                            Last edited by zerowing; 06-08-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Stasio,

Could you please do a mod for Z77X UD3H F19e with all the latest components ?

Id be very grateful to test it and see if its a more stable bios than the current F19j Mod im currently using.

Comment

Originally posted by D-an-W View Post
                                Interesting, I wonder if it would do the same in OSX without having to use Clover to patch it?

Comment

Working...
                                X