X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by rbird2 View Post
      Any chance of getting a update for the GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 1.0)?

Thank you,

Rodger
      For which EXACT BIOS Version.
      Please provide a link to the BIOS you want updated.
      Last edited by NoJuan999; 04-10-2013, 04:43 PM.
      I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
      If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Originally posted by vailr View Post
        @ NoJuan999: I'd be willing to experiment with any Intel RST firmware that you think would work.
        I'm using the P45-UD3R machine to dual-boot Windows 7 64-bit & OSX Mountain Lion on separate HD's, so the bios is always set to AHCI mode.
        However, there may be other UD3R owners that would like the option of having trim support for Raided SSD's, if it's possible for that board.
        Wasn't there an earlier 11.xx Intel RST that was the first version to support trim for Raided SSD's?
        Anyway: thanks a lot.

Edit: maybe the reason for the BSOD (after installing the 11.7x RST driver) was: the system was expecting the bios to be configured for Raid mode. But: since it was set for AHCI mode, and since the P45-UD3R board has distinct and separate firmwares for AHCI vs. Raid, thus creating a conflict/software mismatch?
        I have no idea which Versions support TRIM, I don't have a RAID setup on my PC.
        Please do some research and let me know EXACTLY which version of the ORom you want to try.
        PS
        But, like I said before if you aren't using a RAID Array there really isn't any point to updating the RAID Orom.
        Last edited by NoJuan999; 04-10-2013, 04:42 PM.
        I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
        If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Hi,

I've stumbled upon the same problem as pegasusx a while ago (see bottom of my posting). But I have a slightly older/other version of the mainboard - it's the revision 1.0 of the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3.
          It would be awesome if someone could create a patched version of the F9 bios version of that old mainboard which should at least include the mentioned Intel Raid BIOS 11.6.0.1702 (or newer if possible and working).
          The F9 bios can be obtained here: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1156 - GA-P55-UD3 (rev. 1.0)

Thank you,

Noel

Originally posted by pegasusx View Post
          Hi. Having a bad night after just buying two spanking new 3TB WD Green drives and finding out about the 746GB BIOS issue.

Problem
          My current MB is GA-P55A-UD3. BIOS F11 The Intel RAID BIOS is v 9.xxxxx
          So only can create a RAID 1 volume as 746GB.

I only found a list for UD3L and UD3Rs...here

Intel Raid Rom Updated to 11.6.0.1702

would it be hard/possible to slip in the Intel BIOS (11.6.0.1702) for the UD3 F11 Firmware some how? Thanks in advance

Comment

that would be nice to have if at all possible thanks

Comment

Can you help me with latest update for intel sata raid rom for F11d bios GB P55 ud6.
              http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...5-ud6_f11d.exe
              i7-860(20x200)1.3v,Phanteks+3xTR TY-141, P55-UD6 F11d,G.Skill Trident PC 16000 9-9-9-27 1.6v 2x2 gb,Sapphire 7850 2gb OC, SSD Samsung 840pro 128gb,2x1TB WD BLUE 64MB SATA3 WD10EZEX,850W Seasonic M12 II Bronze SS-850AM, LG M2352D-PZ.

Comment

hi,
                i tried the P55A-UD3R modded roms you provide, i was able to see the 3TB in BIOS and in eSATA
                i RAID the 4x 3TB,

when i install window, Win7x64SP1 it detect them as single drive, after install, in Disk Management i still see it as single drive.

so i read somewhere that 14beta tend to fix it,
                i updated the bios to 14b,
                funny thing is, when running IDE mode, i see 3TB, but when i run RAID mode so i can RAID the hard disk, it detect them as 740GB, so i am guessing the iRST is still older than 10.1 or below.
                are you able to help me mod the latest fw so i can run RAID ?

wonder if i now update the iRST in Windows will that update the oroms too?

thanks in ADvance if you guys can help out.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
                  I have no idea which Versions support TRIM, I don't have a RAID setup on my PC.
                  Please do some research and let me know EXACTLY which version of the ORom you want to try.
                  PS
                  But, like I said before if you aren't using a RAID Array there really isn't any point to updating the RAID Orom.
                  Here's my updated request for EP45-UD3R (v. 1.0):
                  Intel RST 11.6.0.1702 <--Edit: RST 11.x seems to be the latest version usable with the ICH10R chipset.
                  See: http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...1.7.0.1013.htm
                  JMicron 1.07.28 <--(not using for Raid, so hopefully OK for single eSATA drive in AHCI mode)
                  Realtek LAN ROM 2.54
                  Plan: I'll then do a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit with the bios setting for Intel SATA in Raid mode, and see whether Intel's RST 11.7.4.1001 driver + GUI can install OK, without BSODing.
                  TIA
                  Last edited by vailr; 04-12-2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
                    For which EXACT BIOS Version.
                    Please provide a link to the BIOS you want updated.
                    GA-X58A-UD3R - F8b

Thank you,
                    Rodger

Comment

Looking for a modified BIOS to enable TRIM on RAID0 for two Corsair Force GT 120 GB, the motherboard is Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 ver. 1.0
                      Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
                        Looking for a modified BIOS to enable TRIM on RAID0 for two Corsair Force GT 120 GB, the motherboard is Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 ver. 1.0
                        Thank you!
                        You have a 6 series chipset you can't unless you use a special modded option rom.

It's not real important, but you should run series roms, drivers, If you use a 12 series rom then you should run a 12 series driver.

At the moment, the 12.5.0.1066 driver is not passing trim to the array, so you need to use the 12.0.0.1082, it's part of the RST 12.0.0.1083, but the driver is 1082, not 83. The option rom is up to 12.5 also.

The server is down where you can get the rom so I will try to post tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks, odiebugs!
                          This option ROM, is it embedded in the BIOS file, or is a separated firmware file? This is a one-time thing for me, that's why I asked for a ready-made BIOS file for my board, but if there's no other way I would do it myself, if guided by an expert, then post the resulting file.

Comment

New RAID ROM (EFI SataDriver) 12.6.0.1867 is posted..........( support TRIM).

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                              New RAID ROM (EFI SataDriver) 12.6.0.1867 is posted..........( support TRIM).
                              thanks Stasio
                              Any chance of someone pushing the 12.6 Orom into the x79 G1 Assassin ?

thx again.
                              G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
                              CPU Intel x3960
                              Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
                              Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
                              Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
                              Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
                              Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
                              Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
                              PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
                              Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
                              Screen Benq XL2420T 24
                              Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

Where is posted? Searched the first page of this thread and couldn't find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X