Gigabyte Assassin Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte Assassin Users

I hear what you're saying yes, but I personally wouldn't waste my time with something so minor on a motherboard. You are in your right to get an exchange though, so I do understand where you are coming from, just saying I personally wouldn't is all.

No problems here with USB 2 (30MB/s / 27MB/s R/W with my fastest drive) or USB 3.0, XHCI enabled for USB 3.0 in the BIOS.

Hope they new board works better for you though, good luck!

Comment

LOL.. I hear you on that.. To be honest its the only way for me to work out if this problem is bios related or not. hence why i came here (TT) to try and get answers, the problem is that not everyone is going to rush out and buy an exspensive board like the Assassin. I'm kinda hoping its a bios related problem and NOT a hardware problem. I'll have some answers for you in a few hours.
      Wish me luck....LOL. Talk in a few hour.
      Asus Rampage 3 (Black Edition) [Had the Assassin for 10days and so NOT worth the money charged]
      Intel 990x & Koolance CPU-370 Water block
      24GB Corsiar Vengence
      6xWD 500gb RE HDD's Raid0
      2xOptical drives
      2x Nvidia 295's with Aquagrphx Waterblocks.
      Corsiar HX 1000
      Logitech G19 & Logitech Revolution MX
      2x Asus Monitors.

Comment

I would think hardware more than BIOS, since Sin tested and it was fine on his BIOS. So either something wrong with the board, or some strange conflict with your fans?

So I'd also try to pick up another two fans while you exchange the board, just in case it's to do with the fans. Another brand 200mm and 120mm, just to be on the safe side and be able to rule everything out.

Comment

Only Fan header I'm using on my X58A-UD5 is the CPU header... in my tiny case, getting to the others is just a pain. but that's me.

Good Luck on the exchange

Vin
          Main Rig
          OS = Win10-64Bit
          CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
          Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
          MB = Asus ROG C6H
          GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
          HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
          PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
          Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
          OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
          CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
          Mem = 24GB RAM
          MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
          GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
          HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
          Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
          PSU = Corsair TX750
          Case = Define R5

Comment

Sup peps,

So i changed the board today and picked up a few more fans and............ the problem still remains. This is most deff a bios problem, or even a hardware problem that the assassin in general has.
            Im out of ideas now. Lets hope more people buy this board and report the same problem as this is the only way i can prove this mobo has problems.
            Asus Rampage 3 (Black Edition) [Had the Assassin for 10days and so NOT worth the money charged]
            Intel 990x & Koolance CPU-370 Water block
            24GB Corsiar Vengence
            6xWD 500gb RE HDD's Raid0
            2xOptical drives
            2x Nvidia 295's with Aquagrphx Waterblocks.
            Corsiar HX 1000
            Logitech G19 & Logitech Revolution MX
            2x Asus Monitors.

Comment

Sorry to hear man! Maybe it is a BIOS issue somehow, not sure how that is possible after seeing Sin's testing results, but I guess anything is possible?

Please send in a report and link to this thread so they are aware of the issue, and can see you guys testing and all of our discussion on this.
              GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Comment

yep... it should work.....

Comment

Working...
                X