Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement B2 - Updated - All New B3 6 Series Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement B2 - Updated - All New B3 6 Series Motherboards

GIGABYTE Retrieve Announcement for Intel 6-Series B2 Stepping Based Motherboards

A recent statement from Intel indicates that they expect full 6 series chipset volume recovery in April, 2011. GIGABYTE will produce and deliver new motherboards with the updated Intel 6 series chipset when the new chipsets become available.

GIGABYTE prides itself in having the highest service quality in the industry, and as such we will resolve this issue with minimal impact on our customers.

Additional information will be added to the official motherboard website and the GIGABYTE Tech Daily blog as the situation develops.

Further update:

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY has received an official announcement from Intel indicating the Intel 6-Series chipset design error and has implemented a silicon fix. Please see this link for more information:
    Announcements:
    1. GIGABYTE has stopped shipping and selling all Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards.
    2. All GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards are being retrieved from our distributors and dealers.
    3. Any sold GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards should be returned and accepted from authorized Gigabyte dealers.
    4. The new B3 stepping chipset should be available toward the end of February. GIGABYTE will work with Intel closely to make the new motherboards become available to customers sometime in April.
    5. GIGABYTE will introduce a brand-new 6 Series motherboard line based on the Intel 6 Series B3 stepping chipset.

GIGABYTE prides itself in having the highest service quality in the industry, and as such we will resolve this issue with minimal impact on our customers. Should you have any questions, please contact GIGABYTE customer service for further assistance or visit GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY for details.

Follow up application posted here to check which ports are in use, for anyone who is not sure

Latest Update (2/25/11)

-- GIGABYTE Ships All New B3 6 Series Motherboards --
    -- Totally New B3 Motherboards Feature Revised B3 Stepping Chipset, Motherboard, Logo, Retail Box Design, and Model Numbers--

GIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check UtilityGIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check

Another way to identify a B3 stepping chipset motherboard is to look for the motherboard model name as the PC boots.

official GIGABYTE website and the GIGABYTE Tech Daily blogGIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY for more information.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-25-2011, 10:12 PM.

Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement for Intel 6-Series B2 Stepping Based Motherboard

3. Any sold Intel 6 series B2 stepping based motherboards are accept retrieve in all conditions based on B2 stepping problem.

run it like ya stole it :

Comment

Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement for Intel 6-Series B2 Stepping Based Motherboard

I'm sure it will all be "At-Will" for current owners, or Intel may try to entice current owners with something to make them want to send things back?

Comment

Newegg sent out a notice to their customers last night stating they have extended their RMA service on the affected motherboards for 90-days or until the replacement boards are available- whichever is longest. From that, it appears Newegg will be facilititating the RMA's for the new boards as soon as they have them- so no having to deal with Gigabyte directly. Newegg is also offering full refunds of SB components if you do not want to wait.

What hasn't been made clear, is whether Newegg will be doing cross-shipping for the replacement motherboards so the downtime is kept to a minimum for customers.

Comment

Minor point I know, and I'm sure everyone appreciates the announcement by affected manufacturers, however, does anyone actually read these official statements before Gigabyte head Office releases them? Talk about poor English!

If they want to offer me a paid job as proof-reader I'm sure it would be a full time position between statements, announcements, comically worded box-art and pigeon-English manuals.
          Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
          Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
          P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
          Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
          TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
          2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
          2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
          Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
          Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
          WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
          Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
          Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
          3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
          Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Updated just for you Psycho!

Comment

Follow up application posted here

Comment

Sticky for now, will update as new info is passed along.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post
                  Minor point I know, and I'm sure everyone appreciates the announcement by affected manufacturers, however, does anyone actually read these official statements before Gigabyte head Office releases them? Talk about poor English!

If they want to offer me a paid job as proof-reader I'm sure it would be a full time position between statements, announcements, comically worded box-art and pigeon-English manuals.
                  You would be meaning pidgin-English, no?

<dl><dd>Not to be confused with Pigeon. For the instant messaging client, see Pidgin (software).</dd></dl> A pidgin (pronounced /ˈpɪdʒɪn/) language is a simplified language that develops as a means of communication between two or more groups that do not have a language in common.
                  Pidgin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Be nice guys, Gigabyte does their very best to help us end users!

Comment

Im not worried about the grammar too much,but there does seem to be some divergence between the official line and deals with retailers,in Europe at least.

Is it a case of , well if the cpu's are still being sold the mobos will be too at end user's discretion .I mean its not a case of some have stopped selling and some havent yet. Its some stopped and then resumed.
                      Will mboards be replaced with current stock,if there is any problem till b3 is available ?
                      The boards arent being retrueved, universally.
                      A brand new line of b3 based mobo's.well yes they would be brand new if they have a revised chipset in them but will there be new features , more sata 3 ports on the cheaper boards for example and will buyers both before and after jan 31 get new features for free on b3 replacement or just whatever is closest to their old board.
                      Last edited by kick; 02-05-2011, 06:28 PM.
                      Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                      Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                      Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                      8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                      60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                      GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                      Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                      http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Why isn't Gigabyte handling the returns/exchanges directly like ASUS?

The problem I am having is that the people at TigerDirect.com are not very knowledgeable or helpful.

I have called twice. The last time, the CSR told me my only option is to return the Gigabyte motherboard for a refund.

The problem is that I am using it as my main work computer. I explained that to them. I explained that I do not want to be without a computer until April, best case. TigerDirect's response was that I only had 30 days to return the defective motherboard.

Then he said, "We can do an exchange, but we don't have anything to exchange it for right now. But when the new replacements are available we can ship that to you." Great, I am thinking. But then I ask, "But the replacement motherboards will not be available in 30 days." The CSR says, "Oh, well in that case, I will send you a return shipping label now so you can return the board before 30 days. Then we will ship you the replacement when it becomes available."

WTF!! That's the exact reason why I DON'T want to return the board right now. I tried to explain this to the CSR, but he got completely confused and said, "Well, let me just issue you a refund and you can send the motherboard back. Problem solved!" Huh?

This conversation went around and around as I tried to explain to him the issue of being without a motherboard until April. He said, "Oh it won't take more than 30 days. Don't worry about it." WTF?! Finally he checked with someone else and came back and said, "Oh, I guess it will take more than 30 days. I will send out a return shipping label to you now so you can return the defective board. But the shipping label will expire in 30 days."

Really? Am I being Punk'd?

So much for TigerDirect. Why can't Gigabyte step up and let us get replacements directly rather than dealing with the idiots at the retailers.

Someone please let me know I have another option.

Thanks,

-Darin

Comment

I'm on the same boat as darinf. Long story short, I can RMA my motherboard within 30 days, but I can't exchange it after that period. Hopefully Gigabyte will do what they can rectify this situation for those of us who didn't buy from Newegg.

Comment

I am sure they will be making a new announcement on their intentions as soon as they have everything figured out.

I will keep you guys posted

Comment

Here's the response I got from Gigabyte customer service today:

Dear Customer,

As you may have heard, Intel has announced a potential design error in the new Intel 6 series chipsets. GIGABYTE stands behind all our products, and is committed to the highest quality product and customer support services. As an owner of a GIGABYTE 6 series motherboard, we recommend you return your product to your place of purchase for a refund. GIGABYTE is working with our vast network of distributors, and retailer/online dealers to streamline refunds with minimal inconvenience on customers end.

Thank you for choosing in GIGABYTE products

Customer Service Center

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
                              TEL: 1-626-854-9338 op. 4
                              FAX: 1-626-854-9326
                              EMAIL: [email protected]
                              RMA: rma_index
                              Nice. So Gigabyte is saying we should return the motherboards now for the refund and be without a computer until April? Can you see why it's bad to force Gigabyte customers to deal with the recall through the retail channels?

Unlike ASUS and other motherboard manufacturers, Gigabyte isn't willing to deal with their end users.

I tried to request an RMA for my Gigabyte motherboard. My RMA request was denied:

Dear Customer,

We received your RMA request AXXXXXX for your warranty service. Unfortunately, your request was declined.
                              The most common reasons why it was declined are:

* Out of warranty
                              * Non GBT product (Wrong model name)
                              * Incorrect Serial Number/Invoice Number
                              * Duplicate request
                              * Non North America return shipping address

For more specific details, please use the following link to inquire about your RMA:RMA
                              Remark section will display exact reason why your request was declined.

Thank you for your attention.
                              Sincerely yours,
                              Gigabyte Inc.
                              Customer Service Center
                              Thanks Gigabyte! I should have bought an ASUS...

-Darin

Comment

Working...
                              X