Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement B2 - Updated - All New B3 6 Series Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement for Intel 6-Series B2 Stepping Based Motherboard

What is your RMA number, then we can look to see why your RMA was denied.

Did you check, if not you can look here as linked above
    RMA

Comment

Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement for Intel 6-Series B2 Stepping Based Motherboard

RMA request A101933

Thanks!

Comment

Did you look at the above link?

I'd need your phone # and zip code to check myself, sorry I didn't know I'd also need that.

Please follow the above link, put in your details and see why it says denied.

Comment

NO matter what combination of phone numbers ans zip codes and RMA#'s I type in, it says no record found.

Do I have an RMA# or RMA request number? The e-mail says "A101933" but the field on the website only takes 6 characters, so I tried dropping the A, but no go.

I have two different phone numbers and tried both of those.

I can't figure it out.

Comment

Hmm, please send me a PM with your email, phone numbers and an image of your RMA email.

You may be able to check the RMA by logging in and then clicking the view status.

Also, yes try RMA request number as well. And try your phone with and without dashes.

You can also directly reply to the denial email and ask them why it was denied, and tell them the included link is not working to show you any information.

Try here too, it's a different address
            RMA

Comment

In addition to my PM, if you don't call tomorrow, wait and see if you can then view it online Monday or Tuesday.

Then if not call in for sure, or reply to that email and ask.

Comment

asus,asrock,gigabyte, msi and intel p67/h67 mbrds are still being sold and in quantity.
                Whether they are still being supplied by mbrd manufacturers or are still in the chain is another q.
                but:
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Intel Provides Update on Support Chip Design Issue

Posted by pdarling 07-Feb-2011

<!-- END blog post subject header --><!-- END blog post subject --><!-- BEGIN blog post body --><!-- [DocumentBodyStart:602d969e-c56d-440d-81ba-7320fe092d68] -->
                SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 7, 2011 – On January 31, 2011, Intel disclosed a design issue with a support chip
                Last edited by kick; 02-14-2011, 03:05 PM.
                Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure just any board that has the effected chipset will be RMAd without any questions asked.
                  As intel is probably not going to cover costs for the replacement of all motherboards that have been manufactured I can assume manufacturers won't be too happy to do so themselves.

Comment

the reluctance on rma returns at this point is because the mbrd manufacturers have no "look intel, i shipped the good board out as a replacement or( i shipped 100,000 ) give me the rebate".

You cant really do that if you havent recieved good chipsets yet , but yeh Ive no reason to doubt any mbrd manufacturer wont replace a mbrd for free evewn if it still seems to be working fine.

I believe intel will cover the cost of replacing any returned mbrd/system just not direct refunds to the end user.
                    They have "bean counters" loss adjusters, whatever you like to call them on this.They will have projections on how many products will be returned, how many customers couldnt be bothered etc etc.This problem really only arose under extreme conditions when first discovered which would be .yeh overclocking so that cuts the returns more.

The whether it was bought before the 31 jan or not q wont arise, its too complex and some retailers have agreements that even if they sell b2 stock now(previously linked) the recover,retrieval,restore thing will still be honored.

All the boards will have batch numbers etc ,
                    Its more a q of will there be a free rma time limit , the inconvenience of stripping down your pc,will u get free postage , how long will it take , and my personal favorite getting an ivybridge board early next year for very few bucks,if they are out of revised b3 boards.
                    Yeh dream on , but ill chance it for now.
                    Last edited by kick; 02-14-2011, 05:43 PM.
                    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

Comment

All of these replaced models names will end with -B3, for example GA-P67A-UD7-B3.

Comment

yeh the :
                        recall procedures are out .
                        The manufacturers want you to return as fast as possible .
                        1.extended warranties!
                        2.We will post before you send!
                        3. all costs are covered by us!

What Im interested in is, is there an absolute time limit?.Like can I get an ivybridge ,(backward compatibe with sandy cpu) on a "lets do a deal " basis.
                        Right now,Im not too worried one way or the other..I would expect a normal warranty from the time i recieve a replacement mbrd,for whatever reason!!.
                        z boards you can keep.
                        I already have a 6 port sata III board so theoritically,Im covered,but for stripping down a pc I personally want some benefit from the intel gravy train.

Intel/whoever cant time limit the recall.I could have been off at the sth pole checking penguin migration patterns.
                        Last edited by kick; 02-24-2011, 04:01 PM.
                        Current Systems:

Comment

Gigabyte on sale P67/H67 B3 Stepping Mainboard in Taiwan

Comment

GA-P67A-UD7-B3 (and others) are on official Gigabyte web.
                            UD7 and UD5 remain Rev.1.0 and the rest are Rev.1.1.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-UD7-B3 (rev. 1.0)
                            Last edited by stasio; 02-25-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

News updated on first post with the following :

-- GIGABYTE Ships All New B3 6 Series Motherboards --
                              -- Totally New B3 Motherboards Feature Revised B3 Stepping Chipset, Motherboard, Logo, Retail Box Design, and Model Numbers--

GIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check UtilityGIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check

Another way to identify a B3 stepping chipset motherboard is to look for the motherboard model name as the PC boots.

official GIGABYTE website and the GIGABYTE Tech Daily blogGIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY for more information.

Comment

Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement B2 - Updated - All New B3 6 Series Motherboards

-- Totally New B3 Motherboards Feature Revised B3 Stepping Chipset, Motherboard, Logo, Retail Box Design, and Model Numbers--

Well yes ,
                                Nice pics etc:
                                Would expect the mbrds to be new.
                                Pulling out the old chipsets and resoldering wouldnt really appeal.
                                What sort of incentives are there to encourage/compensate board owners.especially p67 ud7 ones,(plenty of sata III ports) to return their b2 boards?.

Of the big 3 mbrd manufacturers:
                                1)Msi are doing a "we send new board to you,before you have to send old board to us" thing,but hey that still involbves stripping down the pc.
                                2)Asrock are operating an extended guarantee,ie your normal guarantee will start when you receive the new board, if u return the board by the end of June..
                                Oooh exciting..I would expect that anyway as a minimum.
                                3) What is Gigabytes deal for the end user?

I mean essentially as far as I can see: the msi incentive is u need to tell them your details. cc number address etc. Fair enough.
                                Your only down time is switching out the mbrd once you get the new one.
                                However, it still has to be done.

Asrock..: your guarantee begins again when you get the new mbrd provided you change before end of June.Thats ,well lets just say I dont think thats any incentive at all.

Gigabyte; "Its B3!". well it kinda needs to be doesnt it?.

Dont get me wrong: I bought a p67 board after I knew of the problem on a "gamble" basis but I dont see any "you bought a lets say ud5 p67 before the recall,now you get a ud7 b3 for free or you bought a ud7,now we include a usb3 front panel for free! on replacement!" from Gigabyte.
                                OR
                                In my case from Asrock "you bought an extreme6..heres a b3 fatality board instead" kind of thing.
                                The smoke n mirrors "oooh its b3!,exactly the same as B2 but at no cost to us and some inconvenience to you", doesnt impress me a lot.
                                Last edited by kick; 02-26-2011, 04:53 PM.
                                Current Systems:

Comment

Working...
                                X