Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement B2 - Updated - All New B3 6 Series Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement B2 - Updated - All New B3 6 Series Motherboards

P67 B3 mobo coming.....

Came clean with fresh new F1 BIOS.

Comment

Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement B2 - Updated - All New B3 6 Series Motherboards

Originally posted by kick View Post
      -- Totally New B3 Motherboards Feature Revised B3 Stepping Chipset, Motherboard, Logo, Retail Box Design, and Model Numbers--

Well yes ,
      Nice pics etc:
      Would expect the mbrds to be new.
      Pulling out the old chipsets and resoldering wouldnt really appeal.
      What sort of incentives are there to encourage/compensate board owners.especially p67 ud7 ones,(plenty of sata III ports) to return their b2 boards?.

Of the big 3 mbrd manufacturers:
      1)Msi are doing a "we send new board to you,before you have to send old board to us" thing,but hey that still involbves stripping down the pc.
      2)Asrock are operating an extended guarantee,ie your normal guarantee will start when you receive the new board, if u return the board by the end of June..
      Oooh exciting..I would expect that anyway as a minimum.
      3) What is Gigabytes deal for the end user?

I mean essentially as far as I can see: the msi incentive is u need to tell them your details. cc number address etc. Fair enough.
      Your only down time is switching out the mbrd once you get the new one.
      However, it still has to be done.

Asrock..: your guarantee begins again when you get the new mbrd provided you change before end of June.Thats ,well lets just say I dont think thats any incentive at all.

Gigabyte; "Its B3!". well it kinda needs to be doesnt it?.

Dont get me wrong: I bought a p67 board after I knew of the problem on a "gamble" basis but I dont see any "you bought a lets say ud5 p67 before the recall,now you get a ud7 b3 for free or you bought a ud7,now we include a usb3 front panel for free! on replacement!" from Gigabyte.
      OR
      In my case from Asrock "you bought an extreme6..heres a b3 fatality board instead" kind of thing.
      The smoke n mirrors "oooh its b3!,exactly the same as B2 but at no cost to us and some inconvenience to you", doesnt impress me a lot.
      I know you are not alone in your concerns, so I asked directly about this today so we could be sure.

They strongly suggest that you go back to their point of purchase for the credit refund or replacement.

The replacement models have already started shipping and will be available online and in retail stores soon depending on various shipping schedules.

If end users would prefer to swap the board directly with GIGABYTE, they can check the details on our website below:

GIGABYTE Intel 6 series RMA program

If you recently become aware of Intel 6 series issue, in the following list you can find all GIGABYTE models that are affected by this cougar point design problem and the replacement models accordingly.

Original Model

Replacement Model

GA-H67A-UD3H - GA-H67A-UD3H-B3
      GA-H67MA-D2H - GA-H67MA-D2H-B3
      GA-H67MA-UD2H - GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3
      GA-H67M-D2 - GA-H67M-D2-B3
      GA-P67A-UD3 - GA-P67A-UD3-B3
      GA-P67A-UD3P - GA-P67A-UD3P-B3
      GA-P67A-UD4 - GA-P67A-UD4-B3
      GA-P67A-UD5 - GA-P67A-UD5-B3
      GA-P67A-UD7 - GA-P67A-UD7-B3

We recommend you to request for a full refund at your point of purchase in USA and Canada as soon as possible if you do not elect to wait for new replacement.

Users who are willing to wait for the replacement, you may choose from any of the following options to obtain the replacement once it becomes available.

1. Contact point of purchase for swap service
      Your vendor may have a swap program in place. If they do, they can perfectly assist you with the replacement procedure.

2. Swap directly with GIGABYTE
      GIGABYTE will honor all affected models to be swapped upon request. Here are the ways to reach us.
      I
      Fill out the swap request form
      II
      Contact our service department by email [email protected]
      GIGABYTE
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-01-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

MY MB P67a-ud3p died yesterday and I call gigabyte and try to Swap directly with GIGABYTE(faster ??) they only get the my email addr.
        when they have the item they will email to me which is april
        gigabyte service department was bad i'm not going to buy other gigabyte anymore....
        asus start RMA the service and Micro center has MB and some person got the new b3 MB ....... i'm calling micro center no one answer !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would try calling Gigabyte directly, or emailing again, I would think the reply email you received is probably a standard auto-reply that has not been updated yet.

Comment

Working...
          X