Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | Turn ON briefly, turn OFF then turn ON when unplugged from wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | Turn ON briefly, turn OFF then turn ON when unplugged from w

I'd try to borrow for testing if you can, instead of an actual swap with a store in case that is not the issue.

That or buy a single cheap 1-2GB DDR3 stick for testing.

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      That or buy a single cheap 1-2GB DDR3 stick for testing.
      I bought 2GB DDR3 1333mhz at Bureau en Gros and had the same cold boot issue with 2 new motherboards.

Gigabyte said to me that this cold bootup recycle is normal.

Happy holidays !

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | Turn ON briefly, turn OFF then turn ON when unplugged from w

It's not at stock, but depending on your overclock it may be.

Comment

OK guys - just tried the latest FE official bios (not FE1) and my start/stop/start issues following a cold boot are resolved now :)

The FE bios description from the Gigabyte site says enhanced SATA3 compatibility - but I think it does more than that!

So far I have tried it using Optimised Settings only and I no longer have any cold boot issues - I will try some overclock settings and bios tweaking later to see how that works out.

Thanks Gigabyte for making a great motherboard even better :)

I hope all you guys that were having these cold boot issues can resolve them like me by using the new bios.

Cheers

Comment

is there anyway to update your bios without a floppy drive? i.e. via USB stick?

Comment

Yes - copy the bios file (X58AUD3R.FE) to a USB stick, then boot into bios and use the Qflash application. Check out the bios thread on this forum for info on how to use Qflash - its the easiest and safest way to flash a bios on Gigabyte boards.

Once the new bios is flashed, reboot and load Optimised Settings, then reboot and tweak your bios settings as required.

Note that the beta bios FE1 still gave me the boot-up issue, but the new FE bios has fixed the problem at last.

Could anyone else confirm that the new FE bios has resolved the cold start up issue?
              Last edited by Rebel801; 12-30-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Yep, ive updated to the FE version and this cold boot up problem is gone. works perfectly!

p.s. i believe you have to make the USB drive bootable first

Comment

Bootable USB is not needed for Qflash, you only need that if you want to make a DOS bootable USB to flash using the other flashing programs.

Nice to see you guys are having good luck with the new BIOSes!

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

@Rebel801 :

Good to know. I will let you know by the end of next week.

I just checked on Gigabytes and bios FE1 is no more available.

Lastest is: FE 0.93 MB 2010/12/23

I am sure FE was released early december and they updated it again without changing the bios name.

Last edited by Torrentwin; 12-31-2010, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I did try the FE1 beta bios and the boot-up problem was not fixed, however bios FE (2010/12/23 version) fixed the problem for me, so I suggest that you give it a try. I dont think the revision notes relating to this latest version cover all the changes made.

I hope it works for you :)

Comment

Ya there is always plenty of changes made to BIOS updates that you will not see in the change logs.

Comment

Agreed - however I would really like to know specifically what they changed in the latest version to fix this issue!!

Comment

i remember my mb doing it when i first had it,now it doesnt at all,its best to use latest bios or official bios atleast,sometimes it takes a while for issues to be fixed
                            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I confirm, cold bootup issue solved with lastest FE bios.

Comment

Originally posted by Torrentwin View Post
                                I confirm, cold bootup issue solved with lastest FE bios.
                                Glad to hear that the new bios resolved your bootup issue as well.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X