Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | Turn ON briefly, turn OFF then turn ON when unplugged from wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | Turn ON briefly, turn OFF then turn ON when unplugged from w

i think they will fix it with future bios's,it takes a while for them to catch up,im only going off my mb and it doesnt do it anymore,same with s3 sleep resume
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

I will receive my new motherboard tomorrow so i let you know if on cold bootup same issue occur.

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | Turn ON briefly, turn OFF then turn ON when unplugged from w

Wow that was very quick service - I hope that the replacement fixes your startup issue, I may have to RMA mine if that is the case :(

Comment

hi, i dont want to hijack on this post, but i think i am getting a strange booting up problem similar to you guys, but my computer wont post at all
          my build stat is in my sig, i used to have bios fb, then updated to fd to try to fix easytune6 problems, my computer worked great since october, i havent been using my computer for a few weeks now, my two high school nephews came over this weekend, and they wanted to use it, it was working great for two days since they used it,
          then today i went to check on it, and they havent been using it since it always keep rebooting itself up, and they didnt even tell me
          i am assuming the rebooting over cycle has been happening since overnight, and they never told me
          i reseat the graphics card, hold the clear bios for a few min, unplug it, and still reboot cycle
          my bios was set to auto, no over clocking, change ram timings to comply with voltage, everything else was still on auto ever since the bios update.
          the pc just keeps rebooting , over and over, have to hard reset or turn of psu,

when i turn the comp on the cpu voltage, ddr voltage will have all its leds lights up to green yellow, red.
          all the fans spend, then it will start to shut down,
          then the led on the sb voltage will only light up red only, then the cycles of rrebooting continues.

can anyone give any suggestions, i will start a new thread if my problem is not similar to this thread poster
          thanks
          First time build was a SUCCESS for now

Cooler Master HAF 932 AMD edition
          Gigabyte x58a-ud3r rev. 2 bios FB
          Intel Core i7-930
          GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460

Kingston HyperX 6GB KHX1600C9D3K3/6GX

Kingston HyperX Fan
          Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler CLP0564
          COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RS850-AMBAJ3-US 850W
          Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB
          Cheap LG 22X cd/dvd lightscribe

Comment

i would remove mb battery for 30 mins then put back and try just to be 100% sure,do you have spare psu to try?
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i have no spare parts around, i just took out the battery, and will wait for awhile and try again

Intel Core i7-930

Kingston HyperX Fan

Comment

ok, well i took out the battery, waited roughly over an hour, reseated all the wires, then tried again failure
                they were using the computer for internet and facebook, no heavy gaming or anything intensive, the comp is located in a heated room with temps around 77 deg F
                could there be somekind of overheating?
                should i take everything apart out of the case, retest ram one at a time
                what would be the most likely part in this problem,
                its my first new build, no spare parts to test on, everyone i know has older computers,
                hopefully Santa drops by and give my a brand new computer

Intel Core i7-930

Kingston HyperX Fan

Comment

When I boot my X58A-UD7, the CPU fan spins momentarily, then stop, then starts.
                  I haven't noticed any problems with it apart from that.

I googled it quite extensively, and after reading many different posts on various forums, I decided that it is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by loga8n View Post
                    ok, well i took out the battery, waited roughly over an hour, reseated all the wires, then tried again failure
                    they were using the computer for internet and facebook, no heavy gaming or anything intensive, the comp is located in a heated room with temps around 77 deg F
                    could there be somekind of overheating?
                    should i take everything apart out of the case, retest ram one at a time
                    what would be the most likely part in this problem,
                    its my first new build, no spare parts to test on, everyone i know has older computers,
                    hopefully Santa drops by and give my a brand new computer

Yes, try the board out of the case and off the motherboard tray. Do this with nothing connected (No hard drives, cd/dvd drives, ect), only one stick of memory in a white slot.

Comment

I installed my new X58A-UD3R and same cold bootup issue.

My conclusion is: THIS IS NORMAL

Comment

Originally posted by Torrentwin View Post
                        I installed my new X58A-UD3R and same cold bootup issue.

My conclusion is: THIS IS NORMAL
                        Thanks for getting back to us with this info - sorry to hear that the cold boot issue remains, but at least we know that it does not mean that the motherboards are faulty.

I was still thinking of RMA'ing my board, but after your results, I dont think it will make any difference - anyway I sold my Q9550 system earlier this week, so I guess its no going back now.

All we can do is hope that a future bios update resolves this issue.

Cheers and Merry Xmas

Comment

No cold boot issues here?

Can you guys borrow different memory for testing?

And have you tried cold boots with one stick at a time to be sure it's not just one of your sticks causing issues?

Comment

Well I have tried Patriot & Corsair - and have checked each module with memtest individually, with no change to bootup.

Comment

Then it may be your BIOS settings, stable or not an incorrect setup can still cause funny issues.

This happens at stock as well correct? If so that is what was making me lean towards the memory itself, it should not happen at all at stock.

Did you cold boot test each stick one by one, waiting several hours or overnight to test each stick separately?

And I mean cold boot into windows, not memtest, but that would be ok too. It's just important to test one by one, after 4+ hours to ensure you are actually cold boot testing each stick.

I'd suggest taking 3 days to do it, one new stick each night, set it up in the BIOS to spec (With voltage and speed manually set, and a known good stable QPI/Vtt and Uncore value) and then in the morning see how it starts.

If it's fine leave it running that day with the same BIOS settings and that stick, or save that BIOS setting as a profile and load it later if you need to use all your memory during the day. Then that next night switch to the second stick before you go to sleep and load that BIOS profile and check it, and so on until you have tested all three modules.

If they all pass or act the same then it may be the settings used, or the actual memory itself if they all have issues of any sort.

Comment

Ok - I see what you are suggesting, I will give it a try over the holidays. I may be able to swap my Patriot Ram for Kingston, so that will allow me to test another brand. I guess the main thing we need to know is that our boards are not faulty or have some kind of defect - the tweaking of bios settings etc is not a problem if the parts are all ok.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X