Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R very slow to the BIOS screen

Boot times is nothing to do with performance

When you get in the OS and can squeeze out a 6 second 1MB PI run, then you are working on your performance

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      When you get in the OS and can squeeze out a 6 second 1MB PI run, then you are working on your performance
      Whats that?

Comment

Super PI? I mean Super PI Mod XS 1.5, it's what you see when you see people post benchmark screens like the one shown below, normally people test 1MB or 32MB runs.

You can get it here >>
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-23-2010, 05:13 AM.

Comment

6.7ghz???!! JESUS! Now i havent been to sleep yet so not sure if im seeing things or...... Damn Damn DAMN!

Comment

I take it you never frequent the XS Extreme overclocking section eh?

I was not so surprised at the 6.7Ghz (As I have seen 7+), but more impressed by the use of 1.928V Vcore

Comment

Every so often, not frequent, def not like you :D

What did you get max on air?

And whats a good PI time for us mere mortals? :D
              Last edited by SB420; 04-23-2010, 06:07 AM.

Comment

wow i cant bileve that who overclocked that ..............he's so damn genouis can you give me the settings for that overclock

Comment

That would be LSD - Are you not following this? lol

Comment

That was not my image, I just grabbed it from a Extreme thread at XS so I could show you a 6 second 1MB PI run, it is using LN2

Grab the program and see what your 1MB times are, then you will know what mortals scores look like

Comment

lol i will do....

10.19 with everything running in the background... (will test with everything closed in a bit to see if it improves)
                      Last edited by SB420; 04-23-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Howdy all,

I'm the friend of klownboy who has a similar boot issue with the same mobo, however now that I see his 51 sec boot time...I'm not gonna cry him a river. I just timed mine and it was 80 secs. If I can get it down around 50 I'd be happy. It took me 21 secs to the bios screen and then another 60 to full boot. I'm gonna try some of the stuff he did tonight on my rig and see if that helps. I also have another issue I'm not sure about. It doesn't seem to be shutting down correctly. Sometimes, on startup, I get the "Windows didn't shut down properly" message and it asks if I want to start in safe mode....that kind of stuff. It appears to shutdown fine, but then I get that message the next time I boot. I'll have to search the forums a bit to look for a solution. This is my 1st Gigabyte mobo also by the way.

Comment

Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gooman View Post
                            Howdy all,

I'm the friend of klownboy who has a similar boot issue with the same mobo, however now that I see his 51 sec boot time...I'm not gonna cry him a river. I just timed mine and it was 80 secs. If I can get it down around 50 I'd be happy. It took me 21 secs to the bios screen and then another 60 to full boot. I'm gonna try some of the stuff he did tonight on my rig and see if that helps. I also have another issue I'm not sure about. It doesn't seem to be shutting down correctly. Sometimes, on startup, I get the "Windows didn't shut down properly" message and it asks if I want to start in safe mode....that kind of stuff. It appears to shutdown fine, but then I get that message the next time I boot. I'll have to search the forums a bit to look for a solution. This is my 1st Gigabyte mobo also by the way.
                            are you overclocked at all? sometimes you get that msg if you power pc off by front switch in a hurry
                            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gooman View Post
                              Howdy all,

That also happens if you have done registry tweaks like changing the AutoEndTasks, HungAppTimeout, WaitToKillAppTimeout, or LowLevelHooksTimeout settings.

Did you change any of those? If not it could just be your settings failing slightly is all

Comment

I forgot about this guys!

Everyone can post reboot times using this "Boot Up Time" script
                                Boot_time_in_Vista_by_mrkristins.vbs

Do keep in mind though, startup programs, registry tweaks, running apps, hard drives used, ect all relate to how fast your system will reboot.

And of course this also will include shut down time as well, so it wont really compare everyone's actual startup times, but it's cool though :)
                                Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-24-2010, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X