GA-X58A-UD5 + 930 dissappearing ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X58A-UD5 + 930 dissappearing ram

And no bent pins eh? It could be the memory itself (Brand or model), and of course your use of BIOS F1 does not help at all with memory compatiblity.

Do you have a different set you can test with, or borrow to test?

Comment

No i'm back to F5 since F1 didn't solve it... I started out with OCZ ram.. returned that and the UD5 for another UD5 and gskill ram instead.. same problem.

no ram to borrow unfortunately.. most my friends are still milking core 2

Comment

Can you test with another CPU? I have seen a few recently with the cause being a faulty IMC

Comment

Sorry to revive this but the real solution needed to added for those who search with this problem.
          The solution:

Upgrade to at least F6K beta bios for the UD5 version 1. located on this forum in the gigabyte beta bios thread on page one.

This bios was created with the intent to fix the disappearing ram. Which it has. Thank you for anyone that tried to help.

(also all of the other X58 boards got new bios addressing these issues so if you have a different board you will find the same fix in another version of beta bios on the "beta bios thread")

Comment

scratch the stability with the new bios. now it shows 6gbs upon boot.. but 2gb's is errorneous on cold boot. After reboot it all works fine like it used to. I think i'll go back to teh old bios where I could tell (4gb usuable) and it was time to reboot. As it stands It's a shot in the dark unless I run memtest (or BSOD) at every boot up. No thanks.

But I do like the progress. Perhaps the next bios will show all 6 gigs AND have it work?

Comment

what qpi/vtt voltage are you using and dram voltage? you might just need a voltage tweak now to iron out memory errors
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i use 1.355v

Comment

Have you got C1E enabled in the BIOS? Try disabling it.

Comment

let me see your bios settings mybe you have to increase qpi/vtt

Comment

It's not so much the BIOS itself that affects this, but rather settings, so version doesn't really matter.

The new BIOS "Fix" simply reloads things several times in an attempt to allow all the memory to be detected, incorrect settings will still fail with this feature. Maybe not as often as it will reload things multiple times until it detects it all, but setting things correctly will ensure stability and detection - which the fix will not.

Comment

Just wanted to post back that I picked up some : Kingston HyperX 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K3/6GX for $80 on newegg and my cold boot issue is gone.

Been a week and no issues.

I'm RMA'ing my gskill now since it's still faster and I'll use the kingston for back up ram

Comment

might have been faulty batch or not supported vey well with the current bios's yet,atleast you fixed it
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

dude i am pretty sure its not the memory ,,, so mybe you have a bent pins that cause the problem but in my opinion first try to push a little bit "mem volt" and then try ,,
                            i think the ud5 is the most problamatic mobo i have ever seen because all the people have a major problems such as sleep mode, not detecting full memory,,,,etc

Comment

Working...
                            X