GA-X58A-UD5 + 930 dissappearing ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X58A-UD5 + 930 dissappearing ram

it might not be the ram at all as for me i updated my bios and i have 12 gB installed
    in bios it said 12gb 8 useable
    I was like what happen so I did what you was thinking i down graded bios 2 time same problem

the i to out all the stick and put them back in would not post
    then i boot it will 3 stick instead of 6 worked fine
    shut down machine added the other 3 stick back all work fine

it might just be you board or OS needs to remap them memory

thats what worked for me

By the Way LSDME Corsair it the ram to have
    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
    Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
    2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
    6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
    2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt
    Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
    Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

NO need to flash backwards, it is either your settings or the memory itself failing.

If you think it is your settings give them to us so we can advise back, this would be the case if you are using all Auto's for sure.

DO NOT FLASH BACK TO F1 with your CPU, you will end up needing a 920 to flash with again to use your 930.

Comment

Well against your advice I flashed myself back to F1 which supposedly doesn't support my cpu.. however when the board was new and my 930 was new when i first brought them home they worked just fine together. And with my fingers crossed I flashed back with no problems.. So far so good. This morning it showed all ram again. I think F1 is where i'm going to stay.

Comment

Ahh sorry, I was thinking EX58-UD5 and not X58A-UD5, that one would have issues with F1 and 930. This is still not really ideal or suggested though, but if it works it works.

Since it works for you then it is fine to use for sure, so how is the tweaking and stability coming along with F1 then?

Comment

So far actually F1 is overclocking the same still.. and 2 cold boots showing all ram at this point. giving it a good 20 hours off.. i'll try it tonight and that will be the real test. *crosses fingers*

If this solves my cold boot issue.. I will have to try F2 and F3 and figure out where Gigabyte's bios go wrong for my ram. So far F5 and F4 have cold boot issues for me. I'm really surprised that others haven't had the same issues as I have since I tried a whole new replacement UD5 and DIFFERENT brand DDR3.
            Last edited by NGL_BrSH; 04-19-2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

after an extended time it still is missing one stick of ram on cold boot with F1 bios.. but it is significantly less problematic.

Someday.. they will make this work the way it was intended.

Comment

you might have more success with a different brand,maybe you have a bad batch
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

recap: 2nd ud5, 2nd set of ram Different brand.. ocz first then gskill.

Comment

and it did this with both boards and both brands of ram?? have you tried with a different psu? mind you it could be a bios issue as its a x58a ud5,fairly new
                    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Ya I'm hoping for bios issue. It did it with both boards, both rams on diff boards.
                      If anything I think it could be a cpu issue maybe since the ram controller is on that and that didn't change when I changed everything else out.

Could be PSU i guess but good luck having me part with that.. PC power and cooling 750w (before ocz got bought them out).. i put my trueRMS fluke on it.. put full load on it and the voltages never move.. not a .001. It's ridiculously stable. My old Coolmax would go up and down like .25v's.

Comment

It could also be your Heatsink mount causing a short, or uneven pressure on the IHS

Comment

i would hold out for future bios's as my board suffered from a plethora of problems all bios related,i know sleep3 resume was a major problem for the ud5 but now alls been corrected through bios fixes
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

ya, I checked the interference for the waterblock on the IHS.. i've loosened it.. i've run it with the stock hsf etc.. same thing.

I'm going just hold out.. once (not sure which it is) the board has been energized or the ram has been warmed up or whatever it is.. and i reboot.. it works great indefinitely.

Just have to boot, power down and reboot for it to detect all my ram. I usually leave it running and now that i've had plenty of time to check for leaks in my waterloop, the issue probably won't actually interfere with much.
                            I just wanted it to work right because it was supposed to lol.
                            Last edited by NGL_BrSH; 04-20-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Did you check to be sure the backplate is not shorting anything? I put electrical tape on my backplates just to be sure nothing can short from them touching anything.

Comment

I did check the backplate.. a few times.. i removed the back plate and used the stock HSF to no avail.

Comment

Working...
                                X