Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

Originally posted by k1llah3rtz View Post
    @nyeah: please take and post picture of inside of your rig... plus.. does it does it boot with failsafe or optimized defaults in place?.. have you removed the board from the case and ran on a bench....???
    i don't even have a chance to mess with the BIOS, always run it in a case, never outside.
    when i load fail safe defaults/ load optimized default then save and exits, the problem will occur, not booting no post code, just the power led and ram led.

i have tried replacing RAM, VGA, CPU cooler (with and without backplate, because noctua backplate doesn't seem to fit so i tried it)

I haven't try replacing PSU though because i don't have spare.

from where you want to see the system? i'll take a picture.

Comment

the top.. so we can see that you've got the 8pin cpu power connected :D
      GA-X58A-UD7 rev1.0 - F9d // Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz - //vcore:Normal(1.2430v)+DVID+0.07500v//qpi_vtt:1.380v//bclk:200*21(turbo)
      6GB Corsair Dominator 1866 @ 1600 ([email protected])

CPU-Z Results: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2212669

Comment

When you received the board back, did you look at the CPU socket pins to be sure NONE were bent? If not, please do so now, and be careful!

Do you have an Intel stock cooler, if so test with that because your cooler may be causing a short you are not noticing, this especially worries me since you say the backplate does not fit.

If you try the stock cooler and have no luck, and have checked and have NO Bent or missing CPU socket pins, then you are going to have to get the board out of your case and test it on a wooden table or box. When you do so please also remove if from the motherboard tray as well.

Then test with one stick of memory in slot 1 white (2 physical). You do have the memory in the correct slots right now that I mention this I thought I should ask. They must go in the white slots (1,3,5)

What memory is it anyway, just checking to be sure it is meant for X58

Comment

Originally posted by k1llah3rtz View Post
          the top.. so we can see that you've got the 8pin cpu power connected :D
          i'm 100% sure it's properly connected

Comment

then as per above.. you need to very that you're not shorting out on anything..
            GA-X58A-UD7 rev1.0 - F9d // Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz - //vcore:Normal(1.2430v)+DVID+0.07500v//qpi_vtt:1.380v//bclk:200*21(turbo)
            6GB Corsair Dominator 1866 @ 1600 ([email protected])

CPU-Z Results: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2212669

Comment

hello all,

i've found the problem, i swap the PSU and the problem is gone!

is this hardware compatibility or my PSU is faulty.

Comment

Only you can find out, test that PSU with another system or short it out and see if it even starts. Or test it with a PSU tester.

What PSU is it anyway, in case it is a compatibility issue it would be great to know so we can warn others.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Only you can find out, test that PSU with another system or short it out and see if it even starts. Or test it with a PSU tester.

What PSU is it anyway, in case it is a compatibility issue it would be great to know so we can warn others.
                  i'm using enermax revo 1050W, anyone here using same PSU?

later i will try it on other system and report here, but i don't how to short it out though

Thanks for lsdmeasap ada k1llah3rts for helping
                  Last edited by nyeah; 12-11-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

So finally got my new PC.

i7 920, UD7.

Ran occt linpak on stock cooler and it went over 80 degs in 12 mins.

seems like thats not a good start.

I have my noctua NH12p on now, and idles at about 39-40 degs and maxes at 67, all this on stock AUTO voltages.

Ill have a play with it for now and see how i go, might have to start a help me thread later.

EDIT- so ive ended up with 19x200 3.8Ghz for now, occt powersupply test for 1 hour, after using some of the bios suggestions on the site. 1.25 vcore, llc=2. Mux core temp 76deg ,HT on.

I found it very hard to go past this freq, im guessing it will require some more qpi/vtt voltage adjustments. Ill make sure im stable at these setting and probably start my own tread. My CPU seems to run very hot in the board compared to some of the ones I have built this year using UD3R's, maybe just a cruddy cpu :(

Config in Signature
                    Last edited by BaldMan; 12-12-2009, 10:18 AM.
                    i7 920 SLBEJ D0 @ 3.8(19x200) @1.25v | GA-EX58A-UD7 | KHX12800D3K3/6GX | Sapphire 5850 | Gskill Falcon II 128GB | HAF 922 | Win7 Pro 64 | Noctua NH-U12P-SE | 900w Coolermaster UCP 900w |

Comment

Originally posted by nyeah View Post

later i will try it on other system and report here, but i don't how to short it out though

i'm using an enermax revo 1250 watt ... works well ...
                      Last edited by abangcupi; 12-13-2009, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nyeah View Post

See here if you do not have a PSU tester, this is what I meant. It will simply allow you to do a simple test to see if the PSU is even functioning or not
                        How To: Jump Start A Power Supply (PSU) / Test A Power Supply And Components - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Or
                        Jump Start PSU - Clunk's Forums.

More
                        Guide: Jump Starting a PSU - Overclock3D Forums

Comment

See here if you do not have a PSU tester, this is what I meant. It will simply allow you to do a simple test to see if the PSU is even functioning or not
                          How To: Jump Start A Power Supply (PSU) / Test A Power Supply And Components - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Or
                          Jump Start PSU - Clunk's Forums.

More
                          Guide: Jump Starting a PSU - Overclock3D Forums
                          The enermax is now on other systems and working, do i need to test it? i can test it later.
                          i've talked to the enermax representative, and they don't know about this and suggest me to make a thread at enermax forum.
                          abangcupi said that his enermax revo 1250 working fine with UD7

Comment

Well if it is working on another system no need to jump start it then, since it is running you know it works :)

Could have just been a fluke? Have you tried it again since on your UD7? If not, try it out and if it fails to start let Enermax know and also send in a report to Gibayte as that would clearly show there is some incompatibility somewhere between that model and the UD7 or did you mean you and abangcupi have the same model?

Comment

I have enermax 950 revo. and UD7. No problems so far.

Comment

Well if it is working on another system no need to jump start it then, since it is running you know it works :)

Could have just been a fluke? Have you tried it again since on your UD7? If not, try it out and if it fails to start let Enermax know and also send in a report to Gibayte as that would clearly show there is some incompatibility somewhere between that model and the UD7 or did you mean you and abangcupi have the same model?
                                abangcupi using the 1250W model, i'm using 1050W.

last night i tried it again, and the problem is still occur
                                people that use 1250W and 950W don't have the problem.

which one should i write? gigabyte or enermax?

Comment

Working...
                                X