About TRFC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About TRFC?

Ahh, you should have also mentioned Burntest (If you did I guess I overlooked the test or forgot that is what you was using) as it DOES give far higher temps then OCCT, Prime, or Orthos, which I had likely thought you was using when you mentioned 77C as your Load temp.

But either way load temp of 75+ is hot for sure, But I would not expect that with Prime or Orthos so much unless you did have a bad mount or really bad cooler, or WAY to much volts. Sounds like you got it better now

You can bring down Static tRead for sure a few, and likely MCH voltage as well

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Ahh, you should have also mentioned Burntest (If you did I guess I overlooked the test or forgot that is what you was using) as it DOES give far higher temps then OCCT, Prime, or Orthos, which I had likely thought you was using when you mentioned 77C as your Load temp.

But either way load temp of 75+ is hot for sure, But I would not expect that with Prime or Orthos so much unless you did have a bad mount or really bad cooler, or WAY to much volts. Sounds like you got it better now

You can bring down Static tRead for sure a few, and likely MCH voltage as well
      Oh well sorry mate I forgot to mention that :-/
      Yepp IntelBurntest push up the temps to crazy levels and I dont know if you really can go after that as most ppl use as you say Prime95/ OCCT or Orthos, I used Prime95 25.6 build 6 and the temps are 10 degress lower or so then in IntelBurntest!

Im sure no game in the world can even push up the temps as high as with Prime so maybe its best to check temps with that and then my temps are under 60 degrees. IntelBurntest may only be okey to use as a quik test but you should not use that as a baseline as it push the temps to the extreme. what you think, I guess you only go after OCCT / Prime temps ?

I memtest the tRead steady at 48 so I can probably set it at then or test it out even lower if I found the energy, but im starting getting tired of all this testing hehe!

BTW, Thanks for the reply once again :)

Comment

Ya, I think Intel Burntest has it's +'s but high heat is for sure a Negative. I do like the quick test letting you know if it is stable or not.

Ya, I use Orthos only for my testing within windows. And of course PCMark05, SuperPi, and for GFX 3DMark 06, FurMark, and LightSmark is what I use.

tRead at 48? WHAT? I think maybe a typo Static tRead Value suggested ranges is 5(7-10)12

Comment

Ooops damn I mixed it up im afraid as I was thinking of the trfc and not the Static tRead hehe.

Okey so I can test it at 5 and if that's not okey I have to jump to 7 if I understand you corect?
          So I cant try it out at 1+ as this way if 5 is to tight 6-7-8-9 etc ?

One have to set it at 5 or 7 if thats not okey then 10 and if thats no go then 12 ?

BTW! Is it the same with say the trfc value, start for ex at 48 as I said it seems stable and then I can work my way down for 47 and then 46 - 45 - 44 etc ?

Maybe a little bit stupid questions but just to be sure :)

Best Regards
          /MaxFX
          Last edited by MaxFX; 09-22-2008, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Thought so!

Ya well 5 is likely not stable unless you are at stock 800Mhz, and then even normally it is not. 6-7 is usually safe from 800-900+, 6 may cause A HARD Fail and you need to clear CMOS, but maybe not.

No, when I say something like 7-12, it can be anywhere between 7 thru 12. If I understood you right

Ya, with trfc, too low will error out in memtest though and can also cause HARD FAIL.

No question is stupid, except the one not asked

Comment

Hi again!

I have now set up the Static tread value at 7 in bios and keep benching now with IntelBurntest and will test it even lower as you said couse my mem is at 800Mhz stock with 400*8 1:1 = 3200Mhz and that will do I think!

Nice to know that the 6 setting may work, have to try and run some Memtest and so on, thanks for your advice very much they are golden worth :)

About the ratios, yepp you understand me corectly and nice to know how I will do when I tweak my mem settings.

And the best way to check if a mem setting is good is to run memtest then I presume ?
              I mean if it will fails there before it fails in e.x Prime95/OCCT!
              Last edited by MaxFX; 09-22-2008, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Yeap, if memtest passes for a while then it is likely ok, then test with Prime or orthos Blend and then if you get errors you will likely know it is the CPU more then the ram, Depending on how long you actually memtested the ram.

Ya, if it fails memtest, then it for sure will cause Orthos/Prime/Occt to fail as well if you are running blended CPU/Ram tests with them

YA, 6 may work at 800Mhz, depending on the quality of your ram, and other timings/voltages. If you get errors quick, it is likely that setting. So you can either raise the others and see if that helps, or raise trd back up to 7

Comment

Okay will do as you say first check in memtest then Prime/Occt afterwards :)

BTW, it wouldent even Boot with trd at 6 so I guess if I get it stable at 7 its pretty good enough, much better then 15 as bios set it up at!

"Update"

I now run my comp at 3.4Ghz witch seems stable, atleast in the blend test in 2 hour Occt and my temp is under 70 degrees, as we speak about better check with Occt/Prime/Orthos and not with IntelBurntest as it push up the temps to the extreme, almost 80 degrees yakk :-/

I have to set the Static tread to 8 thou, as it wont boot with 7 and I figure thats nothing I can do about it ?

Okey maybe loosing some timings but dont you think its better to have what I have now 4-4-4-12 and trd 8 insted of 5-5-5-15 with trd 7 if I can get it to work at that.

Best Regards!
                  /MaxFX

7 or 8 cant be that much of a difference and better with some tighter timings dont ya agree ? :-)
                  Last edited by MaxFX; 09-24-2008, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Sounds good, only way to know which is best is benchmark it to be sure.

I usually bench a few ways before I decide on how I want to keep things

Comment

Yeah thats probably the best way to do it, I can bench some with Everest Ultimate I presume but in the end programs like that only goes after bandwith/raw numbers and so but whats really matter the most is is games for most ppl I think. so some more value here and there doesent matter in IRL maybe!

Maybe you benchmark with some games or so ?

BTW, about the damn timings hehe.
                      You know all other values under "Advanced Timings Control"

trrd
                      twtr
                      twr
                      trfc = I know it's the performance Level and matters the most :-)
                      trtp
                      cmd

Do it really matter to tweak does settings and how do you do it exactly?
                      You use to say one at the time, do one have to follow some rule, say that trrd is 3 then do it matter what trfc is at, e.x it cant be lower then that and do the same applie for the other timings. Is it some kind of ratio rule one has to think of!

Or can one just take one at a time and start with trrd and go as low as it can, then afterwards start with the twtr and do the same procedure and work my way down that way?

Hope you understand what I mean I tried me best :-)
                      Best regards
                      /MaxFX

Comment

Static tREAD Value: (tRD) This setting is most commonly known as Performance Level or tRD this is the most effective chipset performance register available to adjustment. As FSB and memory speed are scaled/increased, tRD and Northbridge voltage will have to be increased to accommodate the additional data throughput. The idea when tweaking your system for the BEST performance is to run the tightest (Lowest) tRD possible at any given FSB or memory speed. See Below Link for more reading on this

Comment

Well Mr Merman dont know if that was suppose to be funny or helpful!

Obviously I have read that thread more than one time I can tell ya but does it answer MY questions, Noope mate it dident or if it did ? .. I must have missed that or was stupid enough not to understand!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxFX View Post
                            Well Mr Merman dont know if that was suppose to be funny or helpful!

Obviously I have read that thread more than one time I can tell ya but does it answer MY questions, Noope mate it dident or if it did ? .. I must have missed that or was stupid enough not to understand!
                            I don't know what your problem is but you had the wrong memory setting listed for the most important setting: Performance Level. tRD. Thought you might like to know.

Sorry to hear that the sticky doesn't answer your problem but if you look it has all the advanced memory settings in order with the settings values that Lsdmeasap always recommends.

Each Advanced Memory Timing is explained along with the setting value. Here is an example:

tRRD Timing: (Act to Act Delay) Row to Row Delay or RAS to RAS Delay. The amount of cycles that it takes to activate the next bank of memory. It is the opposite of tRAS. The lower the timing, the better the performance, but it can cause instability.
                            The lower the value the tighter the setting and usually the better performance. It is trial and error.

The preferred tweaking sequence is not listed in the sticky but since Performance Level is the most important most think you should start here and maybe end there too. After tRD you can go to tRFC. If tRFC is not in the correct range the sytem will not boot. After that its just a matter of trial and error if any of the other settings improve performance. With that said you don't have to tweak the Adavanced timings other than Performance level (tRD). Tweaking these settings can be very tedious.
                            Last edited by Merman; 09-25-2008, 08:06 AM.

Comment

MaxFx, I think Merman was pointing out your notes next to tRFC, where you suggest it is the setting aka "The Performance Level". tRD usually holds that crown.

tRFC though does have a huge impact on stability especially when using 4GB or more. Often the board will keep the same figure (Auto) as it would for 2GB or less), which causes stability problems.
                              GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Starting to say thanks guys for answering really appretiate it :)

Yes Merman you are so right about the trd setting and that was the first I tweak along with the trfc timings, heh once again I wrote it wrong sorry.

As you said its probably the only settings one should tweak the trf = static tread aka performance level and the trfc as i started the thread about that one :-)

Dont know what I was thinking as I now that these 2 settings is most important and you should start with them. all these reading about timings have obviously done me more stupid then before LOL

Thanks again guys for pointing me right and nice to know that I just can leave the other timings or try to tweak them in whatever order I like!

Best regards
                                /MaxFX

Comment

Working...
                                X