Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Ok, I ran Orthos torture test for 4+ hours and no errors.
    During Orthos my CPU temp was 58c, is that cause for concern? My CPU heat-sink is not even warm to touch...maybe it's not connecting 100%

I've now reduced DDR3 voltage back to +.10 and the system is fine so far.

So let me get this right, the reason I'm running my ram at 1.6v is because it's not set to full 1600MHz but at 1286?

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Originally posted by skimeister View Post
      Ok, I ran Orthos torture test for 4+ hours and no errors.
      During Orthos my CPU temp was 58c, is that cause for concern? My CPU heat-sink is not even warm to touch...maybe it's not connecting 100%

I've now reduced DDR3 voltage back to +.10 and the system is fine so far.

So let me get this right, the reason I'm running my ram at 1.6v is because it's not set to full 1600MHz but at 1286?
      According to Lsd setting,your memory running 1069MHz (JEDEC#2 in your CPU-Z) and Patriot declare that with this frequency, voltage is 1.5v and latency 7-7-7-20.
      For 1600 MHz voltage must be 1.9v (XMP-1600 in your CPU-Z)
      While the typical latencies for a JEDEC DDR2 device were 5-5-5-15 (1.8v), the standard latencies for the JEDEC DDR3 devices are 7-7-7-20 (1.5v) for DDR3-1066 and 7-7-7-24 (1.5v) for DDR3-1333.
      Last edited by stasio; 11-22-2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Ya, you do not need the full 1.9 at all until you get around 1600Mhz, and even then you may or may not need it. Voltages written on sticks are only MAX Warrantied voltage ranges, this does not mean you will always need as much on all boards even at top speeds.

The lower you can have your voltages and be stable is best, just keep in mind you do have to test thoroughly to be sure of what is and what is not stable

I did however base my settings off your settings you posted, and since you are only running 402 FSB, you can use 1333 speeds but not 1600. Sorry I posted it as 1066, I did look to see your rams specs but I think I just glanced back at what you had and forgot about your ram specs. So you can use 3.33D multi and run your ram at 1333 but you will likely need a bit more volts like 1.7 or more probably

Comment

Great. Thanks! I'll try 1333 @ 3.33D.

Other than that it's been stable and fast so far.

Comment

Hi sr me again, today mi mother DIE.. o i thing this.. turn on and reebot reebot .. never ON... try reset a CMOS and nothing ....

That I can do??????????

REGARDS

not show me bios... or post screen only reebot

Comment

How are you trying to clear the CMOS?

Try to Do it this way with only one stick of ram (tested on another PC to be a good stick) See Clear CMOS Method post # 2 >>>

If you still do not get anywhere you may have to RMA if you dont have a floppy ALREADY Connected and set as first boot device.

If you have no luck, and dont ALREADY have a floppy connected let me know and I will PM you a link with something you can try before you RMA

Comment

Hi sr good day.. try your Method and not work :(--- god not have a money now for buy a new mother....

Try again whith other RAM ....

Comment

Try all method and not run.... t

1: Whithout RAM my mother soud '' piiii piiii piii '' y 3 times...
                  2: Test other RAM and reset,reset,reset.
                  3: Whotout GPU and sound piii piiii piii 3 times

Be my Power Suply?????
                  O my Q6600?????

DAMAGE???????

Not show BIOS o black screen

you sure,That this damaged my mother or other component???

Comment

Originally posted by ADDIER View Post
                    Try all method and not run.... t

1: Whithout RAM my mother soud '' piiii piiii piii '' y 3 times...
                    2: Test other RAM and reset,reset,reset.
                    3: Whotout GPU and sound piii piiii piii 3 times

Be my Power Suply?????
                    O my Q6600?????

DAMAGE???????

Not show BIOS o black screen

you sure,That this damaged my mother or other component???
                    1. Computer will not boot without RAM!

2. IF you change RAM I think you have to reset cmos/bios Look for guide in your motherboard manual

3. Computer will not boot without some sort of "graphic adapter" I think.

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

I now... but try reset CMOS and NOT work....

Test other ram,other PSU,other GPU,.. and nothing,same error... only reset...
                      I think buy ep45 DS3R... is a good mother??

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Buy today a Ep45 DS3R....

Comment

Well, that is a good board. You have alot to learn about the BIOS that is for sure, much different then P35.

Good luck, and please do make a new thread if you need some help

Comment

• Last edited by ADDIER; 12-03-2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Great to hear you like it!

I dont understand your question at the end there, sorry?

Comment

Lsdmeasap, after trying to overclock higher than 3.2Ghz on my system, and failing, I've decided to go back to it. Are the following settings stable for my system?

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 (bios F5 - latest non-beta)
                                CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
                                RAM: 2x2GB Patriot Ex-Performance Viper DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
                                HDD: Seagate 500GB Sata2
                                GPU: 2x Powercolor HD3870x2 GDDR4 << I am thinking about having one removed since it seems it doesn't boost performance a great deal in any game I currently have

Robust Graphics Booster: Auto
                                CPU Clock Ratio: [8]
                                Fine Clock Ratio: [0.0]
                                CPU Frequency: [3.2 (400x8)]
                                CPU Host Clock Control: [Enabled]
                                CPU Host Frequency (MHz): [400]
                                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz): [100]
                                C.I.A. 2: [Disabled]
                                System Memory Multiplier: [2.00D]
                                Memory Frequency: 800
                                DRAM Timing Selectable: [Manual]

Performance Enhance: [Standard]

CAS Latency Time: 4
                                Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay: 4
                                Dram RAS# Precharge Delay: 4
                                Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD): 3
                                Rank Write to READ Delay: 3
                                Write to Precharge Delay: 6
                                Refresh to ACT Delay: 55
                                Read to Precharge Delay: 6 << I think this is it)
                                Static tRead Value: 7
                                Static tRead Phase Adjust: Auto (0)
                                Command Rate: 2T

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
                                CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
                                GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                                DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
                                PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.10V]
                                FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.10V]
                                (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.200V]
                                CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.3175v] << CPU-Z reports between 1.296v and 1.312v

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                                No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Disabled]
                                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                                CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
                                CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
                                Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Integrated Peripherals
                                Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Enabled] << I use USB thumbdrives
                                Do I need any adjustments?

Comment

Working...
                                X