Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Looks ok, you may want to see how stable this would be as it may perform better >>>

CPU Host Frequency (MHz): [398-399]

System Memory Multiplier: [2.00B]

What I can say is only you can see what is stable, use Memtest86+ and orthos and see how stable it is

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Looks ok, you may want to see how stable this would be as it may perform better >>>

CPU Host Frequency (MHz): [398-399]

System Memory Multiplier: [2.00B]

What I can say is only you can see what is stable, use Memtest86+ and orthos and see how stable it is
      The system refused to boot with the 2.00B strap, so I set it back to 2.00D. Thanks for the info anyway. The settings I posted are those you helped me achieve way back when even 3.2Ghz wasn't stable (lack of extra mch/fsb voltage and all).

Comment

Ahh yeah well at least you tried. B strap isnt normally to stable over 390 FSB, but with proper tweaked timings and voltages you can use it at 399 or even 400+ if you work at it.

Comment

The PC crashed again just now, so I raised the Vcore a fair bit (approaching threshold though).
          See, my particular Q9450 has, what I believe and have read, a bad VID: 1.25000.
          I've raised the Vcore in the BIOS to 1.35000v, and CPU-Z is reporting between 1.328v and 1.344v.
          By the way, this is at 3.2Ghz clock speed. The other voltages (FSB and MCH/NB) are still +0.10v and +0.200v respectively.

Comment

Post your full settings if you keep having issues please, in a new thread with your specs and issues again. It is just too hard for me to keep track of things in a thread like this

Comment

Hello Lsdseasap,
              here is my combination:
              Mobo: GA P35 DQ6
              BIOS: F9B
              CPU: QX9650
              RAM: 2X1 DUAL CELLShOCK 800 MHz 5-5-5-18 (Default)

Problems:
              1. In Bios at the Advanced Bios Futures, i can not see the choice
              CPU MULTI-THREADING and
              CPU HYPER-THREADING
              I try to enter clicking Ctrl + F1, invain....

2. After formating and install windows xp prof, my 4 cores vanished - only 1 cores is here.... what is wrong...

3. How can i set my memory to 4-4-4-12....

Thank you in advanced....

Comment

Your CPU does not offer Hyper-Threading so that feature would not show up in your BIOS, only Pentium 4's and i7 Have Hyper-Threading.

CPU MULTI-THREADING is not a option on your board/BIOS at all as far as your manual states, but I do see it in your BIOS as a default option (Hyper-Threading would be hidden of course unless you had a HT CPU) but you should see this option as I see it in your BIOS. This is F7 BIOS by the way, I am sure F9a is the same if you are using it. Did you not look on this page, Advanced BIOS features? >>>

Overall between the BIOS's I see and languages/wording of different BIOS terms ya never know. I see it called both on some boards meaning the same, either way your CPU does not support HT so you would not need to worry about that, and you would not want to disable Cores anyway. I see you have a issue with cores, see my last paragraph, sorry I answer as I read too often!

And just so you know, Control + F1 Must be pressed on the MAIN Page of the BIOS then the screen will flash and then you will see all hidden things in each section. But that has been removed as a needed thing to do for a while unless you are using a very old BIOS. Only IRQ page (PnP/PCI Configurations) should have hidden items

As for your cores issue. Did you install XP and all service packs and updates, then Intel Chipset Drivers? If not do so, here is the Intel Drivers >>>
                Software License Agreement

Have you loaded optimized defaults in your BIOS yet for this CPU/Build? If not you MUST do this anytime you flash or install a CPU into a Board. Write down any settings you think you will forget (SATA/Disk Settings maybe?) and then please load optimized defaults and then set your Ram Voltage ONLY and then save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS. You MUST reboot BACK to the BIOS before you load windows again as you will HAVE TO set your SATA/Disk settings and Hard Drive Boot Priority again, and of course any other changes you wish to set as everything will again be set to defaults.

To set your ram timings to 444-12 you need to first set your ram's spec'd voltage, normally this is 2.0-2.1 check your ram sticker, then just make these changes >>>

DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 4
                Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 4
                Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______4
                Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 12

If you are still having issues, please post me a image of your Task Manager, Performance Tab with View, CPU, One Graph Per CPU enabled as shown here >>>

Just want to have a look myself is all. Then post me a image of your Device manager with computer and Processors expanded as shown here >>>

Comment

OK, many thaks for your reply...
                  Well, now its all fine with new clean install of windows xp....
                  Tkanks again....

Comment

Glad to see you got it all fixed up!

Comment

guys for the graphics I have one 9600GT so Do I choose PCI, PEG or PEG2. Yes for me its not obvious.
                      thanks

Comment

I'm looking for an easy overclock to 4Ghz with the following components:

EP45-UD3R w/F5 BIOS
                        E8600 A-3.0
                        Crucial Ballistix PC-6400 2.0V
                        Corsair HX620 PSU

By "easy overclock," I'm talking about something that can be done with a minimum of tinkering with voltages. My last board was an Asus P5B Deluxe/e6600 combo that I simply upped from 266 to 333mhz (whch required no increase to the vcore). That's the sort of thing that I'm interested in doing with this new P45-UD3.

I assembled the system about a week ago, and it appears bulletproof after some pretty intensive testing. To tell you the truth, though, I'm a little intimidated by the BIOS options. I've never seen anything like it on Asus, Abit or MSI motherboards. Hence, this cry for help. Any help from folks who have experience with UD3 motherboards will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerest TIA

BTW, I actually tried the Easy Tune utility, but really prefer to do the overclock via the BIOS/MIT.

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) overclocking and BIOS tweaking Guide

Hi!

This thread is a really useful guide. Thanks a lot. After reading the whole thread and some others I would like to ask for your guidance to make the best settings according to my goals and of course considering my given config.
                          Because it is only related to this thread (but P45 chipset) I am going to start a new thread in this section. I hope you and the other experienced OC guys can help to solve this issue.
                          Thanks in advance.
                          >> The most useful guides currently on OC in addition to tweaktown sticky threads! <<

Comment

Yes, please do make a new thread as these stickies are mainly guides and not to be a place of help as it would pile up the guide to much.

Of course if you have any questions specific to this guide feel free to post here, but otherwise if you need some help please do make a new thread and we will help you for sure

Comment

Hi LSDMEASAP!

I ve made the thread, I hope you can check it and let me know your opinion.
                              It is somehow theoretical if I understand things better, I can start OC after and post the results hopefully soon.

Ok you were faster and found it already. Then please delete this post.
                              Last edited by vacapp; 02-19-2009, 08:58 AM.
                              >> The most useful guides currently on OC in addition to tweaktown sticky threads! <<

Comment

Ahh, It is ok! Sorry, I just got back to the forums after a long absence. I will get you some answers later today or tonight as I may not be able to be in very long this morning

Comment

Working...
                                X