Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

can i use this guide to overclock with a GA-P43-DS3L motherboard?the bios layout seem similar.

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Yes, you can use it as a general guide, but as you can see there is a bit more options in P43/45 so you may have to start a thread and ask about any specifics you are unsure about.

If you do make a new thread for some help, please include your full specs and a link to your ram or the model #.

Thanks, and good luck with your overclock! If ya get stuck, make a thread as we are here to help for sure

Comment

how to measure mhc temperature and mhc voltage?and how much to put mhc voltage? i let it normal but i know that isnt good cuz supplies more then needs with normal. i need an answer for this .

Comment

What board do you have? Here is some info on MCH/Northbridge temp info tested by one of our members (Kick, thanks!) >>

How much to use voltage wise depends on the amount of ram you have, the speed you run it at, the timings you are using for your ram, and your FSB.

Comment

i have ga-ep31-ds3 motherboard with cpu intel q8200 duo quad and 2gb ddr2 kingston with max bandwith pc2-6400.Can this type of ram be safe with 1.9v? and what is the standart voltage if we let the standart option in the bios?(it doesnt give options example:1.8 1.9etc but it says only: standart;+0.1;+0.
            2etc)Also if you could suggest me any programm to see north bridge temperature ( i use everest but it dont show the temperatures just core voltages)

Comment

and for my south bridge it shows this :
              Core voltage means the voltage of south bridge and in the first picture the voltage of the north bridge?give me any advice please

Comment

these are the only temperatures everest shows ,not the temperature of north of south bridge,i have real temp too speed fan too but they too dont show north or south bridge temperature.

Comment

Motherboard or System is the closest you can get to seeing the NB temps. Easytune will also show you the system temps. Here is a post where Kick, a member here, tested the NB temp vs "System/Motherboard" Temp readouts

As for your memory voltage question standard is 1.8V +/-

You can check PC Health section of the BIOS to see what you get for each setting, choose a setting and save/apply/reboot F10 back to the BIOS and check that page and you will see what actual voltage you get for each choice.

Some boards and or BIOS's will vary a little from setting to setting but the normal/auto should be around 1.8V.

Auto/Normal = 1.8V
                  +0.1V = 1.9V
                  +0.2V = 2.0V
                  +0.3V = 2.1V and so on.

If your ram is rated to 1.8V on the sticker or spec page then you should use 1.8V, but yes 1.9V-2.0V should be safe as well

Those NB/SB voltages you see in everest are just the stock spec of the chips, not what is being applied if you have changed the voltages. Everest will always show that amount though so no way to check the Voltages for north/south bridge.

Comment

hey guys,i've got a p965 DS3 motherboard with a intel core 2 duo E6320 with 450FSBx7 which is going 2.8ghz. I was wondering if i could go even further than that on the motherboard,i have tried before going to 3.2ghz but it reverted backed the default settings,does this mean i've met the FSB limit on the motherboard?

Comment

Is this applicable to EX58 boards?

Comment

Originally posted by kurosagi01 View Post
                        hey guys,i've got a p965 DS3 motherboard with a intel core 2 duo E6320 with 450FSBx7 which is going 2.8ghz. I was wondering if i could go even further than that on the motherboard,i have tried before going to 3.2ghz but it reverted backed the default settings,does this mean i've met the FSB limit on the motherboard?
                        I have seen this board ran at 500+ FSB, so it is not the board that is the issue. Likely either your settings were incorrect or your CPU may be at it's limit with your cooling? You may also want to be sure you are running the latest BIOS.

Originally posted by asmodeus_dhoine View Post
                        Is this applicable to EX58 boards?
                        No, sorry this is not for X58 at all really. Of course some general tips or info may apply but the guide itself is based on 775 CPU's so nothing like i7/X58

Comment

No, sorry this is not for X58 at all really. Of course some general tips or info may apply but the guide itself is based on 775 CPU's so nothing like i7/X58
                          I see. Will there be a guide for EX58/i7? Because I can't get my i920 past 3.2GHz on EX58-UD4P.

Comment

Well the guy who wrote this guide started making a Guide that included P45 last December, but never finished it, not sure why? I have not seen him comment about X58, maybe he will make one soon?

So I don't think there will be one posted here, but there is a few around if you google X58 Guide.

Here is the one the author of this article started but never finished for anyone who may be interested in his P45 comments.

@ asmodeus_dhoine

If you are having issue finding a guide let me know and I will look you a few up and link them. There is one posted by Gigabyte, just a small PDF in the BIOS sticky, for getting 4Ghz

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                              @ asmodeus_dhoine

If you are having issue finding a guide let me know and I will look you a few up and link them. There is one posted by Gigabyte, just a small PDF in the BIOS sticky, for getting 4Ghz
                              Although (and it's probably the problem) I'm on stock CPU air cooler so I should first replace it with something good and then go for 3.2+ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                                I have seen this board ran at 500+ FSB, so it is not the board that is the issue. Likely either your settings were incorrect or your CPU may be at it's limit with your cooling? You may also want to be sure you are running the latest BIOS.

on a core 2 duo cpu?? and what BIOS version do i need to reach that high?? i've currently got the F12

Comment

Working...
                                X