Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

7thangel, you can likely for sure find one at your local PC shop, if not ask them and they will likely get you one out of a broken PC in the back! Or you could likely find one in a old pc around your house. If not, you can for sure likely get one at your favorite online store for your area. If you need help with that link me to where you normally shop.

You can really use any speaker, if you feel up to it cut up a headphone speaker and connect to it while you look for a normal one

Ya MX-2 is Good, I use that and TX-2 myself
    yeah, on my way to source i dropped by a pc shop which i called earlier but had no idea what i was talking about until i went there and changed my wording from case speaker to motherboard speaker. dude gave me one for free, which was great because it would've cost me 5.99 at the source, which listed it as a piezo. thanks again. i'll post in the forum later for a little guidance.

respect due
    GA-Z77-D3H (Rev. 1)
    Intel i3 3225 3.3 GHz
    Kingston Hyper X DDR3 XMP 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 CL9 KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
    Corsair CX600 Builder Series 600 W/Cooler master Elite 500 W
    antec 300. 2 front 120 fans plus the top and back stock case fans (tri-cool 140 and 120)
    Intel Intergrated Graphic 4000/ATI Radeon hd 5450
    win 7 x64
    seagate 500 gb/seagate 320 gb/seagate 500gb/seagate 1 tb/one touch 3 500gb

TrenchTown Original

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm George from Romania. We bought last december a "monster" for our AutoCAD needs and some other CAD related software. Here's the configuration:
      ASUS TA-951 MiddleTower ATX ASUS, Air Duct, 2 USB 2.0 + Audio + Mic, Fan 80mm/sleeve, 4bay; CORSAIR SCO750TX Corsair SCO750TX 750W, ATX2.2, ATX12V, 12V single rail, Quiet single-fan (1x 120mm); GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 Intel X58; INTEL BX80601920 INTEL BX80601920 Intel Core i7 i7-920 2.66GHz; CORSAIR D3CT216C7DHX Corsair D3CT216C7DHX DDR3/kit 2 GB (2x 1 GB)/1600 MHz/7-7-7-20/radiator/XMS3 DHX; 2 x ASUS EN9600GT-SILENT/HTDI/512M Nvidia GF9600GT; WD WD2500AAKS & WD WD5002ABYS; ASUS DRW-2014S1T-B; ASUS MK241H ASUS MK241H 24" TFT Wide Screen 1920x1200 - 2ms(GTG)Splendid Technology.

It worked for a few days (2-3) and refused to boot. It always stopped after the check-ups, just before "microsoft windows" message to pop up. I forgot to mention that we installed Vista x64 Business Edition. I have to say that some problems emerged after the first set of vista updates. Well, after we manually changed the latencies for the 3 kits (advised by the guys where we bought the pc from), the problems appeared to be solved. Until the last days before Christmas, when the damn thing didn't want to reboot again (stopping in the same spot). I have to mention that in our company run 24 hours a day, even if half of that time (to say the least) they only show a screen saver. Being stopped for a period that long, the pc is "working" now, but with one major problem: the ethernet. After reinstalling the mb with it's disc, still the same stupid error messages "Wan Miniport #2 needs to reinstall" and crap like that. And I need the internet on that pc. I have to mention (again) that we removed the 250Gb hdd and one vga card to place them in another pc. I could really use some pointers (is the source too weak?, any issues about the memories?, is another case necessary?, etc) Thank you very much
      PS I haven't even got near the overclocking abilities of the cpu and that's quite a shame, isn't it?!:P

Comment

Originally posted by 7thangel View Post
        yeah, on my way to source i dropped by a pc shop which i called earlier but had no idea what i was talking about until i went there and changed my wording from case speaker to motherboard speaker. dude gave me one for free, which was great because it would've cost me 5.99 at the source, which listed it as a piezo. thanks again. i'll post in the forum later for a little guidance.

respect due
        Great to see you got a free one!

Free is always nice, $5.99 is for sure highway robbery!!

Originally posted by d3nv3r View Post
        Hey everyone. I'm George from Romania. We bought last december a "monster" for our AutoCAD needs and some other CAD related software. Here's the configuration:
        ASUS TA-951 MiddleTower ATX ASUS, Air Duct, 2 USB 2.0 + Audio + Mic, Fan 80mm/sleeve, 4bay; CORSAIR SCO750TX Corsair SCO750TX 750W, ATX2.2, ATX12V, 12V single rail, Quiet single-fan (1x 120mm); GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 Intel X58; INTEL BX80601920 INTEL BX80601920 Intel Core i7 i7-920 2.66GHz; CORSAIR D3CT216C7DHX Corsair D3CT216C7DHX DDR3/kit 2 GB (2x 1 GB)/1600 MHz/7-7-7-20/radiator/XMS3 DHX; 2 x ASUS EN9600GT-SILENT/HTDI/512M Nvidia GF9600GT; WD WD2500AAKS & WD WD5002ABYS; ASUS DRW-2014S1T-B; ASUS MK241H ASUS MK241H 24" TFT Wide Screen 1920x1200 - 2ms(GTG)Splendid Technology.

It worked for a few days (2-3) and refused to boot. It always stopped after the check-ups, just before "microsoft windows" message to pop up. I forgot to mention that we installed Vista x64 Business Edition. I have to say that some problems emerged after the first set of vista updates. Well, after we manually changed the latencies for the 3 kits (advised by the guys where we bought the pc from), the problems appeared to be solved. Until the last days before Christmas, when the damn thing didn't want to reboot again (stopping in the same spot). I have to mention that in our company run 24 hours a day, even if half of that time (to say the least) they only show a screen saver. Being stopped for a period that long, the pc is "working" now, but with one major problem: the ethernet. After reinstalling the mb with it's disc, still the same stupid error messages "Wan Miniport #2 needs to reinstall" and crap like that. And I need the internet on that pc. I have to mention (again) that we removed the 250Gb hdd and one vga card to place them in another pc. I could really use some pointers (is the source too weak?, any issues about the memories?, is another case necessary?, etc) Thank you very much
        PS I haven't even got near the overclocking abilities of the cpu and that's quite a shame, isn't it?!:P
        Did you install the chipset drivers off the cd? And then the RealTek LAN?

You can disable one of the LAN's in the BIOS as you would only need one, then you should not see any mimiport ect #2 issues as you would only have one port enabled

Comment

Oh well, I disabled the 2nd lan in bios and now it shows the icon in the network connections but it seems not to connect. Should I need some bios update and if I do, where can I get it from?
          Thanks ...

Comment

I figured I'd ask one more time before I RMA the MB and the Video cards so here goes...

I have a GA-EP45 UD3p and two ATI 4850s and have never gotten them to run in crossfire mode. I know both cards work and have swapped them between the 1st and 2nd PCIE slot but one is always listed as disabled in the ATI CCC. I have two crossfire ribbons and have used one, both or none and have never gotten crossfire to enable. I have tried all three settings in the bios in regards to the video card but all to no avail. Both have plenty of power and both show as having no issues in windows but nothing I try is working.
            Bios is F7a, Intel 8400, 8 gigs of G.skill 1066 DDR2, Vista 64 Powercolor 4850.

Comment

@ d3nv3r

You only need one LAN Enabled in the BIOS and in windows, are you saying neither is working or what? Try reinstalling the chipset and LAN Drivers if not

@ Afaust

Not saying you dont know what's up, but I have to ask. You did reinstall the drivers after inserting the second card correct? Then shut down and connect the cable, or install the drivers after inserting the second card and connecting the cables first?

Comment

Man I've tried all that but will make one more go of it before shipping it back.....remove software, cards, clear cmos, insert first card, second card, crossfire ribbon, restart, load drivers....cross fingers. Hope for a thumbs up.

What I want to know is what bios setting should I use for vid? PCI, or one of the PEG settings?

Comment

No, you have your order all wrong.

Insert card one, go into windows and load drivers

Shut down and insert second card, load drivers

PEG is what you should set

Have you looked at the official method? They show it much simpler then I have seen it done or done myself, but I believe either way works for sure

How it Works - Demo

DriverHeaven.net: ATI Crossfire

You say you tested both cards to be good right? Did you test Both slots one at a time to be sure both slots are good?

Have you added ICH Voltage? I would set 1.2

What makes you say it is not working in the first place? What does GPU-z Show? Does Crossfire show up in Advanced Section in CCC?

You are using the latest BIOS Correct?

Comment

Thanks for the tips...I'll give it a go. I have never messed with the voltage so will look into that. The cards always show up in device manager and show no problems..both cards and both slots work just fine..I have used both PEG and PEG2 and its all good...but the crossfire option never shows up in the ATI software. There are known problems with the 4850s and crossfire in certain chipsets and wanted to make sure I was trying everything.

Comment

Ahh! I had not heard of it as a known issue, so you may be right. Sounds like you have everything in order then from what you say.

Hope voltage helps ya out, if not I am not sure what to suggest other then Contact ATI and Gigabyte support and see what they have to say about it all

I really dont think it should be a issue with that board, maybe older boards but shouldn't be on the latest Chipset for sure

Comment

Well, thanks for the advices so far. Apparently, after updating BIOS, and reinstalling OS, everything works smooth (so far). I hope it will stay that way and I won't have to come cry the technical issues over here, though it's kinda fun :P I disabled one ethernet in BIOS and no more conflicts. After installing the OS, it works like a wonder. I do have a final "bug" on my mind: the temperature I saw in BIOS and after installing that DMI software. Should we go for another case, a more ventilated one, and while we are that, should we buy a new source for it? We have a 750W Corsair, as I said in my first post.
                        Thank you

Comment

Great to hear you are all fixed up!!

DMI software? What is that, and what temps did you see

Comment

On the MB's DVD (the one with the drivers) there are some utility software and one of them shows temps of the cpu. This software showed a 44 degree temp on the cpu and in BIOS I saw a 56 degree temp at the whole system feature. It's not a threat (yet, at least) but it does concern me a bit. Thanks

Comment

Hi i just got/put together a new pc, i finished putting it all together and turned it on and...nothing. The Phase leds are all lit up..the case fan and the cpu fan jiggle for just a moment then go dead. im attempting to start it up with just 2 gigs of RAM OCZ 1066. my processor is quad core Q6600 2.4 GHz, and my Gigabyte motherboard is model GA-EP45-UD3R/UD3, 500W powersupply, western digital 1 TB hdd, geforce 9600 vid card. i tested the videocard in another machine and it works fine. Still need to try to swap out the ram. Cant test the mother board or the cpu since i have nothing else to put them in. Thanks for your time.

Comment

I'm no wizard or anything, but I'd suggest you to get a RAM module from other machine or someone and test with them on your system. And try to test ur CPU on another machine like you did with your VGA card. If ur CPU works fine and that ram module can't boot your system, the only thing left is ur power supply. I'd clear CMOS if you haven't that already :P

Comment

Working...
                                X