Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

If you already have your OS installed and want to leave it as NON RAID, you will need to install Intel Matrix Storage manager >>>
    Download Locations

You will then need to install the program and reboot, and then reboot again Back to the BIOS and Enable RAID in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page for the Intel Controller.

Then save/apply/reboot and enter the Intel RAID ROM before windows starts. Press Control + I to get into it, you should see this on screen. Then go in and build your RAID array and save/apply. Be sure you do not pick your OS Drives to make the array with

Your Two other drives will remain NON Member disks and will be fine. The system should boot properly as you will now have the RAID Driver installed which you did not before which is why windows would not boot for you when you enabled RAID in the BIOS. If it does not, please check your Hard Disk Boot Priority after you make your array to be sure your OS disk is still at the top of the list

You may also be able to just install the above app, then use it (in Advanced Mode) to create your array from within windows without setting the BIOS to RAID yet, but I am not so sure about that.

Comment

wow, what a fast reply!
      Thanks, will try it when i come home tonight! Will post how it went.

EDIT:
      downloaded the program and I can't install it. it gives the error "the pc doensn't have the required minimum specs for installation" and then it stops.
      Looking on the page in the link there is nothing about this error....

my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 with XP sp3, maybe thats the problem???
      Last edited by A4-tje; 01-15-2009, 10:50 AM. Reason: did not work

Comment

Halp.

I have a new system built around the EX-58-DS4 board and it refuses to post. On the board itself there is a power button which is backlit with a blue LED, can anyone tell me what the codes are that are represented by this button when it flashes as this may help me determine the cause of my problems

Cheers

Z

Comment

Hello !
          My Computer worked very well for 3 month with this motherboard.
          But now it does not boot any more and the display on the motherboard shows "C1".
          On the monitor there is nothing, the beep of the motherboard does not come and the screen does not even show the start screen.

What can I do ?
          I have 6 DDR3 Rams with 12 GB.

Please help
          <!-- / message -->

Comment

Hello , i just want to thank you in advance for reply .

I would know if gigabyte Ep45 DQ6 is full compatible with with G.SKILL 2x2GB 4GBPI DDR2 modules

Really thank you :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Use the ram you have that works, go into the BIOS and set 2.1V and save and apply/reboot then shut down and install your other ram. 2.2V is not likely needed, that is why I suggested 2.1V
              No still dead - thanks for all your suggestions!

I've bought some Kingston memory works fine, sending the other stuff back.

Comment

hi

i recently just built a new system using my old hdds/gcard

Intel Core i7 920 (2.66GHz) CPU/8M BOX
                GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 X58 F4
                Corsair TR3X3G1600C9 DDR3 1600 3G Kit (1Gx3) i7 3-Ch Pk
                LG GGC-H20L BD/HD Combo DVD Writer
                GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI
                Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 500GB ST3500641AS SATA-II
                ENERMAX Galaxy 1000W EGX1000EWL 80Plus DXX ATX

Bios is on default ...raid is disabled...hdd/optical show up on bios...xp finds hdds...i reformat and it copies over the files...reboots...then half way through the installing devices part...it reboots...and restarts xp setup from beginning and over again...i stumped on what the problem is

i have tried using a different harddrive but still same outcome
                Last edited by Dec1970; 01-17-2009, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Hi, I recently upgraded my Bios From F3 to F4,cleared the CMOS and loaded optimized defaults,After that Dynamic energy saver and Easy tune 6 Does not work.But They worked Perfectly on F3 Version.What Might be the Problem?

Config:
                  Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 Ghz
                  3x1 GB Corsair Memory @1333 Mhz
                  Geforce 8800GT
                  Seagate Barracuda 1 T.B @7200 R.p.m
                  650W Cooler Master P.S.U

Comment

• GA-EP45-UD3P - Problem getting SATA HDD recognized

Hi,

I am stuck during OS install (Vista 32-bit) on a GA-EP45-UD3P, with a single Seagate Barracude 7200.11 (500 GB) (fresh out of the box).

I have the HDD on yellow port 0, my DVD on yellow port 1.

Integrated Peripherals>
                    SATA RAID/AHCI --> Disabled
                    SATA Port0-3 Native --> Enabled
                    Onboard SATA/IDE Device --> Tried it both ways
                    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctl Mode --> IDE

The HDD shows up in the CMOS setup on Master 0 just fine.

Boot set to primary CD/DVD, secondary HDD.

No jumpers on the HDD (set to autonegotiate to 3 Gb/s)

Vista OS CD install boots OK but when I get past product registration it says it cannot detect a HDD.

I tried setting the SATA RAID/AHCI to AHCI, then loaded the 32-bit Intel AHCI driver during the Vista OS installation, and it loaded the driver OK and then still claimed it could not see a HDD.

I tried another SATA cable as well, no luck.

Is there something basic I am not checking or doing? The HDD is powered and warm, and the HDD activity LED on the motherboard does flicker.

Any help appreciated - am hoping it is something silly (hope not a bad HDD).

Thanks!

Comment

struva:
                      set
                      SATA RAID/AHCI --> AHCI
                      this enables the yellow ports

Comment

I discovered my problem.

It turns out the Seagate 7200.11 hard drive (at least some versions) has a firmware problem that prevents it from being recognized by Vista when it is unformatted. Lots of other people have had similar problems but Seagate keeps selling these hard drives while they work on a firmware fix. Some people can install XP first and upgrade to Vista, but I bought another hard drive yesterday and it worked fine even with AHCI/RAID disabled.

Comment

Hey LSDMEASAP,

Just thought I would post back.
                          I have a ticket open with Enermax, the manufacturer of my PSU, and they have explained to me why I needed the adapter Enermax motherboard power ada... for P35 chipset special current timings.

I assume this is PSU specific because the support person said:-

"The timing issue was due to the fact that there are two transformer that sometimes do not start up at the same time. The adapter was use to allow the motherboard to received the same signal from transformer A during start up."

This would explain why I would have to follow my special procedure for booting my machine until I connected it.

The tech support guy also confirmed for me that I could attempt to make one as long as it looked like the one in the picture.

I however do not need to make one because I have the one provided.

Thought this would help some people, even if it does seem related to Enermax PSU users only. I do sometimes think it could affect users of other PSUs but the companies that made those PSUs never figured out a fix.

Hope this helps :)

Comment

• EX58 UD5 BIOS crash with Sandisk Cruzer USB stick

When i boot and my Sandisk Cruzer is connected then the BIOS crashes at error 50 (initialize USB keyboard and mouse).
                            With my other USB stick it does not crash.
                            My cruzer usb stick is a bootable usb stick, i've tested in my other pc and there it works fine.
                            i've also tested 3 BIOS versions F4 F5d and F5e but is crashes with all three. In windows the cruzer usb stick works normal.
                            What can be the problem?

Comment

Still no RAID possible on my Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
                              I have 2 HD with XP sp3/ games and 3 Samsung spinpoints. the first 2 HD's must stay how they are and the other 3 I want in RAID 5.
                              I've tried to install Intel Matrix Storage manager but it gives the following error "the pc doensn't have the required minimum specs for installation" and then it stops.

After trying to set up the RAID using the normal way the pc keeps restarting without getting to XP. At startup the system give the following error: "AHCI BIOS not installed" I can't find how to fix it. anyone knows?

Comment

I have no experience with raid, but I would assume that you should be turning on the AHCI/RAID sata option on under "advanced settings" and I also assume that you might want to go back into the bios AFTER creating the raid setup and making sure the correct device is set for booting from first. I dont mean setting HD0 as the first boot device, I mean go into the submenu and select the correct hard drive to boot from.

You can do the boot device test easier for one time only by pressing F12 on bootup to see a list of devices available.

Try that, and report back, surely LSDMEASAP will be around soon :)

Comment

Working...
                                X