Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hiya all my first post on these forums and i could do with some help please .
    Hi there janus yeh hope you can shed some light on this for me thanks .
    Ok new system just built 2 days old still setting up and getting to no it gratz on an awsome mb gigabyte now just to get easy tune 6 to work.
    After installing et6 after reboot i get a windows error (GUI MFC application has stopped working)followed by this(windows sockets initialization failed).and of course no easy tune 6.
    Have tryed the latest bios f3 and the latest easytune 6 BO8 .1113.1 from the gigabyte website but still no go.
    Am i missiing something i should be enabling in bios ?.

Motherboard EX58 EXTREME
    CPU I7 920
    RAM Corsair triple kit 3x2gig sticks
    GPU Gigabyte 4870x2
    power supply antec 1000w
    Windows vista 64bit
    Last edited by irish; 12-14-2008, 03:02 AM.

Comment

all windows updates installed? Intel Chipset drivers installed? All other drivers updated from the Gigabyte site for your board?

Comment

Hi,

I just put together a system using the EX58-UD5 motherboard. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the computer I am getting no picture. I have tried everything, from switching the ram in different slots to trying just one of my video cards at a time. I still get no picture. I have tried my video cards (two 8800 GTX) on my old system and they work fine. One thing I also noticed was that my board is showing an A7 code and I have no idea what that means. I have looked in the instruction book and all over the internet but have come up with nothing. Please help me get this fixed as I need this up and running now.

System Specs:
        Core i7 965
        Thermaltake 1200w PSU
        GA-EX58-UD5
        CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
        Geforce 8800 GTX (two of them running in SLI)

Comment

Put your ram all in The white slots, and try with only one GFX Card

You should also try this out of the case on a box or wooden table if the above does not help. With only one stick of ram in slot 2 (White) and your CPU/Heatsink, and one GFX card, nothing else. This will rule out a short or Bad CD/Hard drives

Have you tried to clear the CMOS yet? If not, try that next, here in post #2 is my method >>

Comment

I have tried everything and even cleared the CMOS but I still get no picture. I even tried using a old PCI-E video card that I had to see if maybe it was the video card but I still got no picture. All I see on the motherboard is a A7 debug code and would really like to know what that means....

Comment

This is the only similar comments I find on the web about this, and it sounds ram related for sure >>>
              a7 boot up code - XtremeSystems Forums

Comment

Thanks for the find. Now to get some new memory.

Comment

Also see here about A7 error >>

Comment

Hi all my first post on these forums and i could do with some help please .
                    Ok new system just built now just to get easy tune 6 to work.
                    After installing et6 after reboot i get a windows error (GUI MFC application has stopped working)followed by this(windows sockets initialization failed).and of course no easy tune 6.
                    Have tryed the latest bios f4M and the latest easytune 6 BO8 .1113.1 from the gigabyte website but still no go.

Motherboard EX58 EXTREME
                    CPU I7 920
                    RAM Corsair triple kit 3x2gig sticks BUS 1600
                    GPU DIAMOND 4870 - ATI CATALIST 8.12
                    power supply CORSAIR 620TX
                    Windows vista 64bit SP1 FULLY UPDATED
                    INSTALLED : AHCI DRIVERS AT BOOT , CHIPSET DRIVERS , NETWORD , SOUND AND VGA DRIVERS THEN UTILITIES.
                    P.S: WHEN TRIED VISTA BUISNESS 32 SP1 WITH 2 MEMORY STICKS IT WORKED , WHEN TRIED IT WITH VISTA 64 SP1 DIDNT WORK.
                    TRIED TO DISABLE THE POWER FUNCTIONS IN ADVANCED BIOS AND THEN ENABLE THEM STILL SAME PROBLEM.
                    <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I've just assembled my new rig:
                      i7 920
                      GA-EX58-DS4
                      3 x Kingston 1GB 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 1.5v
                      Sapphire Radeon HD4870 512MB
                      Gigabyte ODIN PRO 800w PSU
                      Seagate Barracuda 7200 500GB
                      DVR Pioneer 216d

Before I began doing anything (installing the OS, etc.), I browsed a little through the BIOS. In PC health section I saw that the MCH temperature was 56C (CPU temp was normal, about 40C) and that didn't seem normal to me, so I quickly turned the computer off. If I didn't do that, it would have probably gone even higher. Can you tell me if that is normal or not? (BIOS is on default settings)
                      Also, I noticed that the CPU load indicator on the MB is always in red (on max). Is that normal?
                      I'm affraid that I could damage the MB if I continue with installing the OS, or anything else that would cause the MB to heat up even more.
                      Last edited by zivke; 12-23-2008, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        all windows updates installed? Intel Chipset drivers installed? All other drivers updated from the Gigabyte site for your board?

Comment

Ya, bootloaders have been known to cause many issues. If you are using a "Bootloader" for the obvious reason then maybe you should just MOD your BIOS or get a Modded one.

Comment

Hi,

I just found you, guys, and I'd like to ask a question: i have an EX58 UD-5 Gigabyte mobo with an i7 920 processor. But I had to send it back to the reseller because when I started it for the first time, i was able to enter into the bios. I turned off my computer, and after a restart I tried to install an OS, but no screen, no boot, just an "A6" (or "6A" I'm not sure now) error code on the mobo.
                            Somebody know what is that error code mean?
                            Thanks.

Comment

Well I would need to know for sure try to find you the info, but I l;ooked around a bit and cannot find anything about either.

Did you troubleshoot anything or just send it back? Could have just been incorrect settings with your ram or something

Comment

Thanks for trying. I don't think it was my ram, because when I first started the computer, I saw posting the biosn my screen. After that, I mounted another new hdd (similar with the one that was mounted in) and tried to start the comp again. This time I couldn't see anything (except the error code on the mobo) so I just unmounted the second HDD, but it continued to show me the same error. Anyway, I wrote to the Gigabyte tech support a few days ago and just received an e-mail that my problem will be solved after 4th january . So, let's see what will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X