Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Hi I am new here just registered. I have a little problem. just brought a new motherboard g31m vs2 ASROCK. Going to instal the system panel header and notice that the cables are different. Let me explain: on the panel there are 9 pins and one is blank (the one on top of dummy) my case have the following cables

reset sw -orange/white
    power led - green/blank/white
    hdd led - red/white
    power sw - black/white

the power led has 3 slots in which does not fit on the system panel header. My question is can the power led be change with a plug with 2 slots. which is the positive cable, the color one or the white cable. Please help

thank you
    F. colon

Comment

HDMI Audio locks up Win7

Hi,

I'm working on getting Win7 64-bit going with onboard HDMI audio. I got to the point where HDMI video works with no audio. I have not plugged in any audio cables, just the HDMI cable (which is going to a Sony Bravia HDMI port verified working for video & audio).
      In ASRock BIOS setup:
      I enabled Onboard HDMI HD Audio but not Onboard HD Audio and got no sound, no audio devices.
      I enabled both Onboard HDMI HD Audio and HD Audio and got lockup behavior.

On boot-up it offers the login screen, user successfully logs in, I hear a Windows welcome sound, then Windows mouse locks up. Ctrl-alt-del still works to get to task-manager, where tab works to get to shutdown.

H55M Pro P2.20
      Core i3 540 no OC
      16GB DDR3_1333 RAM
      CPU Ratio Setting (23) [Auto]
      Enhanced Halt State C1E enabled
      Intel VT Tech Disabled
      CPU Thermal throttling Enabled
      No-Execute Disabled
      Hyperthreading Enabled
      Active cores All
      A20M Disabled
      Speedstep Enabled
      C-State Enabled
      C6 State Enabled

Primary Graphics Adapter Onboard
      Share Memory Auto
      DVMT Mode Select DVMT Mode
      DVMT/FIXED Memory Maximum DVMT
      Onboard HD Audio Enabled
      Front Panel Auto
      Onboard HDMI HD Audio Enabled
      Onboard LAN Enabled
      Onboard 1394 Disabled

Serial, IR, Parallel ports disabled
      PS/2 port type Keyboard

USB Controller Enabled
      Legacy USB Support Enabled
      USB 2.0 rate matching hub Enabled

SATA 200GB HD 1st boot device
      SATA DVD 2nd boot device
      PS/2 keyboard
      USB mouse
      HDMI cable verified good, connecting to Sony Bravia HDMI port also verified good for Video+Audio
      Windows 7 64-bit, new install 5/26/11, patched to current
      ASRock updated inf package installed

Any suggestions for next steps greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
      Bob

Comment

Re: USB Mouse lockup

Tried onboard USB port next to PS/2 port, this one is working. No idea why the front-panel USB port works ok with sound disabled and fails with sound enabled.

Comment

hi guys. nice to meet you. i have a small problem with my system and i hope someone could give me a solution, if there is any!
          my system is
          cpu Phenom X3 720 BE unlocked to X4 B20
          MB AOD790GX/128M
          RAM Kingston HYPER X 4x1GB 1066Mhz
          HDD 2xWD6400AAKS RAID 0
          VGA Sapphire 5850 Xtreme 1GB DDR5

i recently bought this 5850 (previously had a Sapphire 4850 512MB DDR3) and have a problem since i put it in my system. in cold boot the vga doesn't work.., although the fan works 100%. it only happens in cold boot. i close the PSU from its power button, press the start button to discharge the sytem, and then everything runs fine, the system works normally!!! i can restart the system without problem, i don't have BSOD-GSOD, no freezes, nothing.
          at first i thought it could be the PSU - i had a 500W CHIEFTEC- so i changed it with a Silverstone 600W, but nothing changed! i put everything in default, in BIOS, nothing changed! i put 4 different vga drivers, there i had a few BSODs, nothing else changed!

reading in some forums that had the same problems, with me, i read somwhere that a guy with an ASUS mobo (785 chipset, can't remember the model exactly) sent an email to asus, and they fixed the problem with a new BIOS...!

what do you think?

Comment

Hi AsRock support,
            I dont know if this is something that a BIOS update can fix, so I am up in the air about RMAing my motherboard, its the P67 Fatal1ty One Professional , when the BLCK is set to 100, CPU-Z says its set to 99.8, that in itself is not so earth shattering , but the volts and amps are not correctly displayed. yes I bought a brand new Corsair 850W AX Modular PSU, tested it in another system so I know it works properly, but the AsRock board does not display it properly in the BIOS, so I am hesitant to belive anything in the BIOS now. I am using the latest 1.80 BIOS and have tried the beta 1.84 with no results that fix my problem. I know I am not the only person with these problems that has this board, if you use google you will see that. My problem is that I am 70 years old and this computer was built by a friend on the west coast, yes it cost 100 to ship it to me. And yes I have the receipt from the vendor that he bought the motherboard from. But its not in my name, so it would have to be RMAd to him and then I would have to ship the box back to him for installation and back again to me after the RMA was complete, this would cost as much as new board. If there is a support number or e-mail that will return my e-mails I would love to have it, because so far I have recieved no response from ASRock.
            Last edited by alan1476; 06-05-2011, 08:20 AM.
            Intel 3960X
            Intel 2600K CPU
            Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
            Asus Z77 Fatal1ty One Professional
            Asus 980GTX Matrix
            AMD 290X Matrix
            CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
            CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
            Samsung 1TB 850 Pro and 1.5 TB WD Black Data Drive
            512 Samsung 850 Pro SSD and 256 Sandisk Extreme Pro 960gb SSD Data drive
            Corsair 1200W AX Modular Corsair AX850W Modular PSU
            Corsair Obsidian 800D Case Corsair Obsidian 650D Case
            Swiftech H20-330 Edge Kit Cooling Corsair H-60 Enclosed Water Kit
            Corsair H-100 Enclosed Loop in PC2
            Windows 7 64 bit Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Comment

Hi
              I have just purchased an ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 and am having problems installing Windows 7 64-bit. A little background - I have 2 X WDC Caviar Green 2Tb SATA 3 discs that I want to use in a RAID 0 array. I have a 60Gb OCZ Agility 3 SATA 3 SSD that I eventually want to use as a front-end cache to the the RAID 0 array via the Intel Smart Response technology.

I can successfully install Windows 7 on a single disk in IDE Mode. When I try to use RAID mode the installation fails. It starts out alright but falls over with an error that says it can't complete the installation on this hardware configuration. When I had a successful IDE installation I managed to update the BIOS to EUFI 1.3.

One other problem I have is that when I run the ASRock utility disk before Windows installation it offers me the option to copy RAID drivers to the floppy disk. The only problem is I don't have a floppy disk drive and haven't had one on a PC for at least five years.

Any thoughts about where I might go from here? is there any way at boot level to get the system to recognize a USB flash drive?

Comment

Hi I am not AsRock support, but have you used those SSDs before? I think it might work using the secure erase feature on the OCZ Toolbox but you need to have another PC with window 7 to do that or do it in Linux. That board is suppossed to be a good a one from what I have read. I really hope you get a responce from AsRock because they never answered my post . Have you tried an Install in ACHI Mode? Then install the raid drivers from the Asrock site.
                Intel 3960X
                Intel 2600K CPU
                Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
                Asus 980GTX Matrix
                AMD 290X Matrix

Comment

hi there

i have a problem with a H67M-GE/M/ASR board

first a bought in februari a H67M-GE RGVSA board too bad the sandy bridge chipset wich gave the sata 300 problem that stopt working after a few weeks.

tried a swap for a new board (tip! look out with the travel protect shield for the processor connector it wreckt a pin and now its up for coulance rma instead of a simple swap grrrrr)

ended up with buying a new one for the time beeing same board but with the improved sandy bridge.

BUT i use a ocz ssd 120gb 300 vertex2 worked like a charm on the old board on the 600 slot no problems.
                  the second sata 300 hard disk worked also fine on the 600 slot.
                  dvd drive on 300 slot (wich stopped working after a few weeks)

on the new board with cold boot the ssd is not recognised by the bios and a boot fail.
                  go into bios end reboot ssd is found
                  setting boot options like it should and warm boot works like a charm
                  till next cold boot..........

putting the ssd alone on the 600 slot same problem.
                  putting the ssd on the 300 slot and the hdd on 600 slot no boot
                  putting all on the 300 slots problem solved.

my question from rain in drop? cannot use the 600 slots in this way...
                  on the 600 slot the ssd is a bit faster

ahci enabled
                  bios version 1.40
                  ssd bios 1.33
                  win7 ultimate
                  use onboard video of the i5-2500k
                  4gb dd3 1333 dual channel kit

Comment

PuT SSD in in Port 0.
                    Intel 3960X
                    Intel 2600K CPU
                    Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
                    Asus 980GTX Matrix
                    AMD 290X Matrix

Comment

Originally posted by alan1476 View Post
                      PuT SSD in in Port 0.
                      thanks for reply but been there done that no go, not in port 0 or 1

bios does not see the ssd at cold boot in port 0 or 1

Comment

Are you sure you initalized the SSD? Did you reinstall the OS when you changed Boards? Sometimes with SSDs they have to be erased by a special program before you can reinstall the OS again.
                        Intel 3960X
                        Intel 2600K CPU
                        Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
                        Asus 980GTX Matrix
                        AMD 290X Matrix

Comment

Originally posted by alan1476 View Post
                          Are you sure you initalized the SSD? Did you reinstall the OS when you changed Boards? Sometimes with SSDs they have to be erased by a special program before you can reinstall the OS again.
                          yes i initalized the ssd and reinstalled the os just to be certain seems to be a slot problem
                          seems also i am not the only one with issues with sata ports

Comment

Hello

Hello There
                            im glad that i found this forum
                            i have motherboard AsRock M3N78D
                            so i need sata2 driver(WINDOWS 7 64BIT) for raid mode
                            i'm not familiar with this stuff so i want my hdd to work faster
                            thanks and big regards

Comment

Hello!

I have a Fatal1ty Pro 67 boards and a Auzentech 7.1 Bravura soundcard with the latest driver. One PCI-E slot Windows7 Pro64 fail to see the sound card, so the driver did not go up. The sound card is good. What is wrong? I need help fast!

Thank you!

Comment

Try a different slot. I bet that works, and also make sure you enable Plug and Play in the bios.
                                Intel 3960X
                                Intel 2600K CPU
                                Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
                                Asus 980GTX Matrix
                                AMD 290X Matrix

Comment

Working...
                                X