No announcement yet.

Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock ALIVENF6G-VSTA

Hi Mr Tweak.

I am in need of your assistance as I am totally clueless even after searching the web for an answer but have had nothing definate.
    I have an Asrock ALIVENF6G-VSTA motherboard in my PC and have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ AM2 cpu which I am looking to upgrade.
    I know that the motherboard is AM2 but have read it may be able to use AM2+ cpu's and was wondering if that was so? Some web sites said that some boards could use AM3 but I am sceptical about that myself.
    If so, would I be able to use this in it AMD CPU Athlon 64 x2 7850 Black Edition Dual Core Processor - Manufacturer code AD785ZWCJ2BGH?

Any help would be gratefull as I am not very clued up PC wise.

Thank you :)

PC Spec's are as follow's incase that helps :)

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ AM2
    Motherboard: Asrock ALIVENF6G-VSTA
    Memory: 4.0GB Kingston DDR2 667mhz (4x 1GB)
    Hard Drives: 250GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s
    Graphics card: NVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Golden Orb II
    PSU: 700w
    Last edited by Mardy; 03-07-2011, 04:23 AM. Reason: Forgot PC specs

Comment

Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Hi,

I have 890GX Extreme3 MB which has following error at start:

"1394 GUID are invalid in both CMOS and Flash! Press F1 to Resume"

Flashing bios does not help and the 1394 is required.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Comment

Ukiy,
        Sorry to hear about the issue. I gave up after a week of waiting for a reply and that was two weeks ago and sent my board back to NewEgg. Hope you can do likewise.

Comment

Problem solved on my one in the meantime! =)
          If any1 else have the same problem here is a tool to fix it.

NOTE: GUID number (yellow sticker) for this MBO (890GX Extreme 3) is located on the last PCI slot.

btw, ASRock Technical Support sucks!

Comment

ukiy,
            What tech support. As I said I have email used forums etc. There is no tech support!!!!!! The boards might look good and might have good features but if you can't get problems solved or any tech support if you have an issue how good is the product? I look at it like this if I have to send the board back out of warranty how do I get an RMA etc.

Comment

Is anyone aware of whether the AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz 95 W Propus quad-core CPU is compatible with the ASRock N68-S UCC?

That particular CPU does not appear on the official ASRock list for this motherboard but I would be surprised if it was not compatible since it is so much like the AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 95 W Propus quad-core CPU that is compatible.

Comment

Good day everyone,im new here,this is the only good Asrock forums that i can find,i just hope its worth posting here

i just bought my Asrock 890GX Extreme3 mobo last february as a part of building my rig step by step,so i got my new Mobo,Procie,PSU and everything else except the video card. Now i want to be careful in buying a video card.Since my mobo is a CrossfireX ready mobo,im planning to use its capability.My PSU also is a CrossfireX ready,so i think everything is good to go,so im down on choosing the right Video Card for CrossfireX.The Asrock website provided a list of CrossfireX video cards compatible for 890GX Extreme3 mobo.But it looks like limited,it only listed 7 video cards ASRock > Products > 890GX Extreme3 > CrossFire Support List

So my question is are those the only compatible video cards for CrossfireX in 890GX Extreme3 mobo? Will it be ok to use other Video Cards for CrossfireX aside from those that are mentioned in the list?

Comment

I live in the USA, where can I buy a REVB3 Fatal1ty one Pro P 67 mobo? Cant find one anyplace for any price.
                  Intel 3960X
                  Intel 2600K CPU
                  Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
                  Asus Z77 Fatal1ty One Professional
                  Asus 980GTX Matrix
                  AMD 290X Matrix
                  CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
                  CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
                  Samsung 1TB 850 Pro and 1.5 TB WD Black Data Drive
                  512 Samsung 850 Pro SSD and 256 Sandisk Extreme Pro 960gb SSD Data drive
                  Corsair 1200W AX Modular Corsair AX850W Modular PSU
                  Corsair Obsidian 800D Case Corsair Obsidian 650D Case
                  Swiftech H20-330 Edge Kit Cooling Corsair H-60 Enclosed Water Kit
                  Corsair H-100 Enclosed Loop in PC2
                  Windows 7 64 bit Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Comment

Originally posted by alan1476 View Post
                    I live in the USA, where can I buy a REVB3 Fatal1ty one Pro P 67 mobo? Cant find one anyplace for any price.
                    You can buy that board here. This site used to be ewiz.com.
                    FATAL1TY P67 PROFESSIONAL B3 ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional B3 LGA1155/ Intel P67 B3/ DDR3/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&2GbE/ ATX Motherboard - Motherboards - Intel - SuperBiiz.com

Good luck with the shopping :)

Comment

Originally posted by matsumuratensho View Post
                      Good day everyone,im new here,this is the only good Asrock forums that i can find,i just hope its worth posting here

i just bought my Asrock 890GX Extreme3 mobo last february as a part of building my rig step by step,so i got my new Mobo,Procie,PSU and everything else except the video card. Now i want to be careful in buying a video card.Since my mobo is a CrossfireX ready mobo,im planning to use its capability.My PSU also is a CrossfireX ready,so i think everything is good to go,so im down on choosing the right Video Card for CrossfireX.The Asrock website provided a list of CrossfireX video cards compatible for 890GX Extreme3 mobo.But it looks like limited,it only listed 7 video cards ASRock > Products > 890GX Extreme3 > CrossFire Support List

So my question is are those the only compatible video cards for CrossfireX in 890GX Extreme3 mobo? Will it be ok to use other Video Cards for CrossfireX aside from those that are mentioned in the list?
                      Hi,

Thats a relatively new chipset/motherboard. It will support any new PCI-Express video card without any problems. Like for the example the ATI/AMD 5870 or 6970 and so on.

Game on! Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by pete_denz View Post
                        Is anyone aware of whether the AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz 95 W Propus quad-core CPU is compatible with the ASRock N68-S UCC?

That particular CPU does not appear on the official ASRock list for this motherboard but I would be surprised if it was not compatible since it is so much like the AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 95 W Propus quad-core CPU that is compatible.
                        It should work fine. Just make sure you update your motherboard's bios to the newest one.

Comment

Thanks Hawkster13, have you ever done business with them before?, I usually shop at the EGG.
                          Intel 3960X
                          Intel 2600K CPU
                          Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
                          Asus Z77 Fatal1ty One Professional
                          Asus 980GTX Matrix
                          AMD 290X Matrix
                          CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
                          CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
                          Samsung 1TB 850 Pro and 1.5 TB WD Black Data Drive
                          512 Samsung 850 Pro SSD and 256 Sandisk Extreme Pro 960gb SSD Data drive
                          Corsair 1200W AX Modular Corsair AX850W Modular PSU
                          Corsair Obsidian 800D Case Corsair Obsidian 650D Case
                          Swiftech H20-330 Edge Kit Cooling Corsair H-60 Enclosed Water Kit
                          Corsair H-100 Enclosed Loop in PC2
                          Windows 7 64 bit Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Comment

Re: Asrock ALIVENF6G-VSTA

Originally posted by Mardy View Post
                            Hi Mr Tweak.

I am in need of your assistance as I am totally clueless even after searching the web for an answer but have had nothing definate.
                            I have an Asrock ALIVENF6G-VSTA motherboard in my PC and have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ AM2 cpu which I am looking to upgrade.
                            I know that the motherboard is AM2 but have read it may be able to use AM2+ cpu's and was wondering if that was so? Some web sites said that some boards could use AM3 but I am sceptical about that myself.
                            If so, would I be able to use this in it AMD CPU Athlon 64 x2 7850 Black Edition Dual Core Processor - Manufacturer code AD785ZWCJ2BGH?

Any help would be gratefull as I am not very clued up PC wise.

Thank you :)

PC Spec's are as follow's incase that helps :)

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ AM2
                            Motherboard: Asrock ALIVENF6G-VSTA
                            Memory: 4.0GB Kingston DDR2 667mhz (4x 1GB)
                            Hard Drives: 250GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s
                            Graphics card: NVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
                            CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Golden Orb II
                            PSU: 700w
                            With an updated motherboard bios. The cpu you're planning on buying will run fine on that board.

AM3 CPU will not work on that board.

Good luck! :)

Comment

Originally posted by alan1476 View Post
                              Thanks Hawkster13, have you ever done business with them before?, I usually shop at the EGG.
                              You're welcome.

I have bought from them when they were ewiz.com still. Didnt have any problems at all.
                              Never bought from them with their new name Superbiiz.com

But the company is still a highly rated online store. Check the store rating here: SuperBiiz / ewiz.com / newbiiz.com - superbiiz.com/ - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

A 9.29 out of 10. So buy with confidence!

Comment

Originally posted by Destone View Post
                                Hello , I am building a system and wanted to ask a compatibility question. I am purchasing the ASRock M3A770DE motherboard and for the processor - I am purchasing a AMD Phenom II X4 840 Deneb. Any information would be appreciated on the compatibility , thank you.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 840 Deneb 3.2 Ghz
                                MB: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX
                                RAM: Kingston 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333
                                HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb's
                                PSU: Antec BP550 plus 550W
                                VIDEO: Radeon HD 4850 1G 256bit DDR3
                                Hi,

I see that your post is 2 weeks old. In case you haven't received an answer for your question yet. Let me help you out.

That CPU will work fine with that motherboard. Just update your motherboard to its newest Bios and you will be up and running.

Comment

Working...
                                X