Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

I own the Extreme6 intel p67 motherboard. The manual says to use PCIE2 and PCIE4 for SLI, but I have the Galaxy 480 GTX Super OC which takes up 3 lanes, so I would have to use PCIE2 and PCIE5. My question is whether it would still run in x8/x8? All references to PCIE5 are regarding using 3 video cards and the fact that PCIE5 would run as x4. Thanks.

Comment

X4 amd 640 quad core pc

Hi guys, i am a noob and really need a bit of advice.

I have recently purchased a tower with X4 AMD 640 QUAD CORE in it, and was wondering:

When it boots up, should the (properties) in (my computer) say 783MHz then sometimes 1.81GHz then moves up to 3.01GHz??

It has oc tuner, and i thought the processor speed should stay the same in (my computer), (properties) of the processor??

Chalky

Comment

Hi Sean,
        I have this board ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0,
        Link to support page is here
        ASRock > Products > Motherboard > ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0 > Download

I have recently installed 4GB of RAM, and updated the BIOS to 1.9, in all parts of the BIOS it says its using 1.9, however in windows it says I have 4GB of RAM installed but only 3.2 usuable.

I think its to do with the BIOS as everytime I did the update through windows, as the computer reset when the BIOS came up it said CMOS CHECKSUM BAD but I proceeded with the rest of the stages to update anyway. The BIOS updated in some way as it now says its using 1.9, but i still cant get it too use the full 4GB of RAM any advice

Thank you
        Last edited by Cigaro1; 05-10-2011, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro1 View Post
          Hi Sean,
          I have this board ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0,
          Link to support page is here
          ASRock > Products > Motherboard > ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0 > Download

I have recently installed 4GB of RAM, and updated the BIOS to 1.9, in all parts of the BIOS it says its using 1.9, however in windows it says I have 4GB of RAM installed but only 3.2 usuable.

I think its to do with the BIOS as everytime I did the update through windows, as the computer reset when the BIOS came up it said CMOS CHECKSUM BAD but I proceeded with the rest of the stages to update anyway. The BIOS updated in some way as it now says its using 1.9, but i still cant get it too use the full 4GB of RAM any advice

Thank you
          You need to be running a 64-bit version of windows for your computer to "see" more than 3.2 GB of RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranelar View Post
            You need to be running a 64-bit version of windows for your computer to "see" more than 3.2 GB of RAM.
            Haha I should of mentioned what windows im running, Its currently Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Its definitly something with the BIOS as I boot up the BIOS window that shows you what hardware is running only says 3200KB. However if I go in to the BIOS setup it says there is 4GB so I am guessing somewhere the motherboard or BIOS aren't talking properly

Thanks for the quick reply though

Comment

I have a problem with an Asrock P45XE and an E8500. The problem is the reported fsb. In bios it shows fsb 333 but in windows and any other programs like CPU-Z, 3d mark etc, it shows 328 fsb. The same with 400 fsb (it shows 395). Is there something I'm missing, a setting in bios or sth? Pls help.
              Last edited by devilpriest; 05-12-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro1 View Post
                Haha I should of mentioned what windows im running, Its currently Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Its definitly something with the BIOS as I boot up the BIOS window that shows you what hardware is running only says 3200KB. However if I go in to the BIOS setup it says there is 4GB so I am guessing somewhere the motherboard or BIOS aren't talking properly

Thanks for the quick reply though
                You should look for a setting in the Bios, under 'Chipset configuration', it should say 'Flexibility' and that has to be enabled. I had the same problem with my P45xe and 4gb (2x2gb) DDR and it work after enabling that.
                Last edited by devilpriest; 05-14-2011, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Hi, i have a problem, my system is:
                  i7 2600k, Asrock P67 Extreme6(latest firmware.1.60)
                  Corsair TX 650, Ati 5450, ssd ocz vertex3, 6GB ddr3 1333MHz(1x2 gb, 1x4gb kingmax)
                  CM 690, Win7 x64 home premium.
                  0xE1 means S3 Boot Script execution
                  Is there a solution for that?
                  I was testing my computer and I went to sleep mode. Than I again started the computer, but motherboard is constantly restarting and it shows 0xE1 (Dr.Debug codes).
                  Is there anybody with that problem, and can you tell me the solution of problem?
                  Thank you very much

Comment

just bought x58 extreme 6 from new egg were can i go to all the latest drivers.

in the gigabyte forums there is a sticky for all current drivers can we get something like this for asrock boards.
                    Motherboard: Asrock x79 extreme 9
                    i7 3930k oc at 4.4ghz
                    Liquid cooling +10 120mm fans (its a portable heating unit)
                    Ram 32gb g-skill
                    2 each Graphics MSI 660ti in sli over clocked gpu 1220 mhz mem 1702mhz
                    PSU Coolmax 1200w
                    4 ssd 240gb corsair force 3 ssd raid 5
                    4 seagate 1.5tb as raid 5
                    2 WD 1.5tb as raid 1 back up
                    1 sata dvd 1 sata blue/ray
                    Case AzzA
                    windows 8 cp 64 bit

Comment

hello, i have a asrock p67 extreme 4 running bios 1.7, i have my i2500k clocked at 5 ghz and im getting a double or triple boot problem....i have 2 error codes of 60 and F1. any ideas on what this is and how to fix it....i realize the forced recovery and dxe core started in the manual..but, i dont quite understand the issues at hand and how to fix them..thank you for ur time

Comment

One Voltage problem with my 890 GX extreme 3 mainboard. As I've mentioned, I own this mainboard, toghether with phenom 2 955 cpu. The problem is the Vcore, even I set it manually at 1.35 the bios and other programs it shows me working at 1.392. To make it for real to work at 1.35 I haft to set it at 1.3125. How can I solve this, is there any bios setting I haft to make in order to function properly? Thank you.

Comment

When posting questions, please provide as much info as possible such as full system specs, what operating system and drivers you are using and please describe your problem as full as possible

Comment

asrock extreme 4 (p67) bios 1.7
                            i2500k @ 5ghz
                            8 gbs of gskill 1600 pc 12800 ram @1866mhz (2x4gbs)
                            evga gtx 570
                            silverstone 1200 watt power unit
                            seagate 250 gb internal sata 2 hard drive (3gbs)
                            getting error codes 60 and F1...dual(triple) boot issue

Comment

I have a problem with an Asrock P45XE and an E8500. The problem is the reported fsb. In bios it shows fsb 333 but in windows and any other programs like CPU-Z, 3d mark etc, it shows 328 fsb. The same with 400 fsb. Is there something I'm missing, an option or sth? Pls help.
                              my specs:
                              CPU: E8500 E0 3.16GHz (FSB1333)
                              MB: AsRock P45XE
                              GPU: nVidia GTX460 1GB (800/2000)
                              RAM: 2x2GB DDR2(800) Dual Channel kit 5-5-5-15 GEIL
                              PSU: Nexus 650W
                              HDD: 1TB WD Black SATAII + 2TB WD Green SATAIII

my bios settings:

Comment

thought maybe i could get some help here..well anyways i figured it out..it was my ram timings causing the issues,triple boot codes 60 and f1 are now gone...set my ram to 1600 and all on auto and running my cpu at 5 ghz

Comment

Working...
                                X