X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 3DMark03 scores

Originally posted by djon
    no buy the 6800gt it gives the best performance for the money
    I wouldn't have thought so as they were just coming out, but considering it costs over $100 less, I'd have to agree.

Originally posted by djon
    now get some memory m8
    Unfortunately my board doesn't support higher than PC2100 and has no OCing features. I'm thinking new memory would still help (not sure how the board would handle it, though, either no difference or much better), but I'm going to need a new CPU and board soon, too. Now if only I get my hands on some money...

Comment

new score http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2875821 14,108

Comment

I got a 5217

here's my specs
        P4 1.6ghz
        512 ddr ram
        ati radeon 9800 pro

Comment

Hi im using AMD athlon xp 3.2 ghz @ 2.2 ghz,512mb ddr400 ram,an asus Geforce FX5700 256mb ddr with the asus 62.11 graphics drivers ,120 gig 7,200 samsung hdd, asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard with n-force 2, on 3dmark 2003 with system performance set to high performance in the nview settings i scored 3024 is this low for the system that i have got.

Comment

Thats a decent score for your video card.

Comment

realy cos i thought it would be capable of getting a lot more than that

Comment

My 9800 Pro OCed to past XT speeds gets over 5700 points regularly on a much lesser system, but the FX5700 really is quite a bit worse. You'll probably need to overclock to get more because I'd agree that that's about right for that sytem. Maybe some tweaking would help a little, too.

Comment

Remember, from 3DMark03 to present the benchmarking utility is extremely video board driven. There have been several articles showing a lower powered system scoring very well simply because it has a good vid board.
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

how should i go about trying to get more out of my system then without making it unstable

Comment

Like I said, overclock the video card. There are plenty of different tweaks you can do, but they won't really do much for 3DMark and only a little for most games. Like Darth said, 3DMark is based heavily on your video card. My system will score higher than an FX55 with 1GB of RAM if it only has something significantly worse than a 9800XT.

Comment

Heres a low score for a change: 3252 , catalyst 4.7 drivers (all other drivers and directx at latest versions) running on this system:

Athlon XP 2400+
                        Aopen AK77-600GN (VIA KT600)
                        512MB Kreton DDR400 @ CL 2.5-5-4-9
                        Maxtor UDMA133 120gb hard disk (8mb cache)
                        Radeon 9600 @ 450\520
                        400 watt Codegen PSU

Comment

A64 3500+ Winchester
                          PNY 6800GT
                          1GB Pc3500
                          - Damien

Comment

I don't know if I posted my score yet but here

0 (it crashed)
                            Intel Pentuim 4 1.7GHz
                            64mb onboard video
                            256MB SDRAM

Comment

hmm...What chipset is that pentium 4 running on? Even the "intel extreme graphics" video chip will run 3dmark03 because ive seen scores for it....sure they were all under 200 or so but it still ran. You have the latest drivers from Intel right?

Comment

Ya I have the latest drivers and everything. When I ran 3Dmark i did not tweak the Os yet as I formatted last week. Now it does not crash and I get a whopping 41!

Comment

Working...
                                X