Athlon 64 3400+
    Hercules Radeon 9800XT
    2* Kingston Hyper X Ram PC3500 512 MB
    Asus K8V Deluxe Motherboard
    Thermaltake Damier 5000A case
    Thermaltake 480W PFC Silent Purepower PSU

Comment

• Originally posted by amd_man2003
      Personally I wouldn't check out THG...their reviews are known to be biased
      why do you say that amd man?

biased in what way? are they paid to give products good/bad ratings or is it just personal bias?

please clarify as i use that site quite a lot and find it to be very useful, and if you think they are biased, where do you look for hardware reviews?

Comment

• Hey Guys ,

I think that the administrator here should pick up the best numbers and view it in the first page and draw First Second and 3rd postions ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaJim
          Originally posted by amd_man2003
          Personally I wouldn't check out THG...their reviews are known to be biased
          why do you say that amd man?

biased in what way? are they paid to give products good/bad ratings or is it just personal bias?

please clarify as i use that site quite a lot and find it to be very useful, and if you think they are biased, where do you look for hardware reviews?
          Check out some AMD and Intel reviews there

Comment

• that review seems to be pretty much unbiased, intel do well in some, amd do well in others,

maybe if you specified what you mean when you say biased, it might help.

do you believe the benchmarks are invented or messed with?

do you think the wording of the article favours one chip or the other?

or this there something blatently misleading in the article?

i'm sorry but i don't seem to see much bias..

from the conclusion of the article:

against athlon "A close look at all the benchmark results reveals that the new Athlon64 just barely earns the performance rating 3400+. Out of 32 benchmarks, only 13 were decided clearly in favor of AMD's new contender."

for athlon "the benchmarks in which the Athlon64 shines are significant. In practically all of the gaming benchmarks, the 3400+ is able to beat its archrival Pentium 4 - sometimes soundly. X2, Warcraft III, Unreal Tournament 2003, Splinter Cell, Serious Sam, Gunmetal, Comanche and Aqua Mark: the Pentium 4 has to concede victory in all of them."

am i missing the big picture?

Comment

• Well, in the past at least it was common, I dunno about lately, perhaps they've cleaned themselves

Comment

• I downloaded some softmodded Catalysts and an overclocking program (ATITool) and went to work. After about two hours I had overclocked my 9200SE from about 200Core/150Memory to 335/161, with no artifacts or stability issues. I can now play the UT2004 demo with relatively high setting and 4X AF while still averaging above 30FPS (which I find comfortable). :D

I only went from 566 to 630 in 3dMark03, though. But I think I ran it with AA and AF both at 2x.... oh well. :D

The only thing is I have a small (well, smaller than the case :D) fan pointing right at the card with the side pulled off. 8)

Comment

• With my overclocked video card 9800XT i just broke the 7000 barrier reching 7005 on 3d mark :D

Comment

• Yawgm0th, what kind of comp do you have?? (im to lazy to look through the posts). I have a PIV2.5 (oced to 2.7 TONIGHT) w/ a 9200se w/ omega drivers. After ocing the card to 230core/220 mem, I am getting 950 on 3dmark03. This morning before school, i popped a side panel off my case and it allowed me to oc my vgu an extra 5mhz without overheating. Once i get my new cpu cooler on... IM SHOOTIN FOR 1000 (only last week my score was 630 :(

Comment

• P4 Northwood 2.0 GHz (400MHz FSB, 12 + 8 KB L1 cache, 512KB L2 Cache)
                      512MB God-knows-what-brand PC2100 RAM CL 2.5
                      7200RPM 80GB Maxtor IDE HDD (the only thing that isn't outdated)

I'm actually quite proud. It truly credits my tweaking skills that I can score even close to you. :D

With the fan off I can get it to about 315/160 while remaing stable.

Comment

• oh I see man, VERY VERY good. If my computer was custom built and i could dink around with the bios, i would, but its a futureshop special, so I can only fiddle with the FSB and a couple of other things. I CANT EVEN SET THE HD TO USER DEFINED!!!! Those scores are pretty awesome. Just for fun, I challenge you to shoot for 1000 (that would be so funny and awesome at the same time!!) :wink:

Comment

• If I ever get a new video card or more RAM, I might try for 1000. But mine's a Gateway, so I, too, am totally unable to adjust anything in the BIOS.

Comment

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="tableLabel" valign="top" width="55%">Operating System</td><td valign="top">Microsoft Windows XP</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" background="/images/orb/pattern_hline.gif"></td></tr> <tr><td class="tableLabel" valign="top">DirectX Version</td><td valign="top">9.0b</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" background="/images/orb/pattern_hline.gif"></td></tr> <tr><td class="tableLabel" valign="top">Mobo Manufacturer</td><td valign="top">Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" background="/images/orb/pattern_hline.gif"></td></tr> <tr><td class="tableLabel" valign="top">Mobo Model</td><td valign="top">nVidia-nForce2</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" background="/images/orb/pattern_hline.gif"></td></tr> <tr><td class="tableLabel" valign="top">AGP Rates (Current/Available)</td><td valign="top">8x / 4x, 8x</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" background="/images/orb/pattern_hline.gif"></td></tr> <tr><td class="tableLabel" valign="top">CPU</td><td valign="top">AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 2172 MHz</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" background="/images/orb/pattern_hline.gif"></td></tr> <tr><td class="tableLabel" valign="top">FSB</td><td valign="top">167 MHz</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" background="/images/orb/pattern_hline.gif"></td></tr> <tr><td class="tableLabel" valign="top">Memory</td><td valign="top">1024 MB</td></tr></tbody> </table>

Comment

• i dont have a valid 3d03 key so i cant post my score but i can tell you i scored 13,717 @ default settings 5 minutes ago. i can post my am3 score though http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1957686294 71,000 something i scored over 73,000 with my last drivers but, the new dna drivers w/ high fps install work so good with 3d03 (+1400 over cat 4.6) i guess i will just leave them even though am3 score dropped by 1500.

i can also post my 3d 2001 se score http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7961243 28,000 something.

djon, new member

my rig:

sk8v fx53 @ 2.58gigs (koolance cooled)
                              sapphire x800xt p.e. @ 546/587 (koolance cooled)
                              4-wd 36gig raptors raid 0 highpoint 1540 controller card
                              4 sticks corsair platinum low lat. 512 mb dc pc3200 reg ddr (2gigs total)
                              audigy zs plat. sound card
                              visiontek pci slot radeon 9100 v card
                              8x dvd burner/cd burner 40x
                              klipsch pro media 470 watt 5.1 sound system
                              samsung syncmaster 213t (21.3" screen) lcd
                              viewsonic p220f 22" crt (dual monitor set up with samsung)

djon>polarbear
                              Last edited by djon; 07-10-2004, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• first score, on my computer i built 3 days ago (my first computer guys..):

3dMark03 : 3885

Athlong64 3200+
                                2x512 Kingston pc3200 ddr
                                Radeon 9600xt
                                audigy2 zs
                                and windows xp

i'm gunna try overclocking etc soon, and see if I can at least break the 4000 mark...do yall think I can?

Comment

Working...
                                X