No announcement yet.

PC Mark 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man are those intels real quick with the memory or what! see what u get when u can pay intel money. still love AMD tho cuz u cant beat their bang 4 buck. hey wiggo whats the v-core at on that p4?

Comment

• Originally posted by swinger
      man are those intels real quick with the memory or what! see what u get when u can pay intel money. still love AMD tho cuz u cant beat their bang 4 buck. hey wiggo whats the v-core at on that p4?
      Once you get into the really high FSB ranges on the Intel's the memory skyrockets, when I ran mine at stock FSB (200cpu/200mem) my RAM scored about 8000, but when I upped to 258cpu, 206 RAM, it went up to 9200.

Comment

• Mine gets over 10k in 3:2 mode....underclocked memory, 286FSB/190RAM...

Comment

• Originally posted by Soulburner
          Mine gets over 10k in 3:2 mode....underclocked memory, 286FSB/190RAM...
          I'll see what mine does at that speed when my Water Cooling gets here in a week or two.

Comment

• Once you get into the really high FSB ranges on the Intel's the memory skyrockets, when I ran mine at stock FSB (200cpu/200mem) my RAM scored about 8000, but when I upped to 258cpu, 206 RAM, it went up to 9200.
            any chance of that happenning with my Athlon? ill try it anyways just to see., but im not pushing this system til i get some games that require a faster setup. plus im gonna do some sick cooling mods that i will be sure to get pics of when i do them.

Comment

• You shouldn't need water cooling, I did it with a Vantec Aeroflow and its 3DMark stable...I just don't have enough volts to the memory so I can't run 5:4 past 280.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soulburner
                You shouldn't need water cooling, I did it with a Vantec Aeroflow and its 3DMark stable...I just don't have enough volts to the memory so I can't run 5:4 past 280.
                I know, but I ran across a helluva deal on a water-cooling set-up (Check Cooling forum for details)

Comment

• here it is at 220mhz FSB, i dropped the mult a bit cuz i only wanted to see what the memory was getting, not a huge boost. but im dropping the fsb back to 200 cuz i dont need it this high atm. is there any way to get those kind of memory scores onan AMD? (im refering to soulburner with over 10k)

Comment

here it is at 220mhz FSB, i dropped the mult a bit cuz i only wanted to see what the memory was getting, not a huge boost. but im dropping the fsb back to 200 cuz i dont need it this high atm. is there any way to get those kind of memory scores onan AMD? (im refering to soulburner with over 10k)
                    You wont score that high with the memory on an AMD system

Comment

man are those intels real quick with the memory or what! see what u get when u can pay intel money. still love AMD tho cuz u cant beat their bang 4 buck. hey wiggo whats the v-core at on that p4?
                      Actually the 2.4C's arn't that bad price wise and the mobo's and memory are similar in price to AMD setups. I'm runnin' 1.6v atm but once I really get into this ****ty BIOS setup and work it out better plus shut down those unnecessary services that arn't needed for benchtests then the scores should improve by quite at bit.

Comment

• 258fsb, 5:4 divider, Memory timings now at 2-3-2-6

10k memory score getting ever closer :D

EDIT: CPU score went up upon re-running, new attachment

Comment

• The only thing is that the memory score ain't goin' to help ya if the CPU and HDD score can't keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiggo
                            The only thing is that the memory score ain't goin' to help ya if the CPU and HDD score can't keep up.
                            My CPU score was a little low there, I dunno why. My RAM doesn't seem to agree with anything above 265fsb at 5:4, I may Volt mod my board, it only goes up to 2.8 vdimm.

EDIT: I re-ran, attached new score above

Comment

• Actually the 2.4C's arn't that bad price wise and the mobo's and memory are similar in price to AMD setups. I'm runnin' 1.6v atm but once I really get into this ****ty BIOS setup and work it out better plus shut down those unnecessary services that arn't needed for benchtests then the scores should improve by quite at bit.
                              ya in my opinion the 2.4C's are the best intel overall based on price, performance, overclocking, ect. im happy with my setup right now but in the future who knows which brand i'd go with.

Comment

here it is at 220mhz FSB, i dropped the mult a bit cuz i only wanted to see what the memory was getting, not a huge boost. but im dropping the fsb back to 200 cuz i dont need it this high atm. is there any way to get those kind of memory scores onan AMD? (im refering to soulburner with over 10k)
                                You won't be able to hit those kind of numbers on AMD unless you are running an FX-51, they put up similar bandwidth numbers to Canterwood systems.

My best is 10.5k on the memory but it said my CPU score was N/A...

Comment

Working...
                                X