No announcement yet.

3DMark2001 SE scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :) Liquid nitrogen is difficult to use without very special care being taken - e.g. fabrications around memory, processor etc. to isolate its effects (not to mention condensation if the ambient atmosphere is saturated with water vapor). Duct material can be fabricated from fiberglass sheets or sheet metal and can have as many vents as you desire. You can obtain the duct materials and tools to work it at an ac supply house. :)

Comment

• Not to mention the shattering effects that it can have on body parts. :eek:
      Safer to go out and buy a vapour change setup. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

• Ok I'm starting to really wonder here. Is this really a cooling solution or are you all still joking lol.

Comment

• Don't take it too seriously DeMoN.

Comment

• I think a little of both. The liquid nitrogen idea is doable. I remember seeing something on the net where a guy wanted the world record in 3DMark 2001SE so he used voltage mods on his mobo and vid card, then used LN to cool everything down. He ended up getting the GF4 outrageously overclocked and almost had his P4 running at 4GHz. His 3DMark score was over 17,000!!!!! I don't remember where I found this, but it was posted on some hardware sites. Anybody remember the link or site?
            But like Wiggo was saying, better to be safe and go with a vapour change setup.;) Otherwise you could have an accident and break some body parts.:laugh:

Comment

• lol ya I don't want to end up like the T1000 on terminator 2. or my poor computer, but man that would be cool. Could LN damage a processor though kind of like a peltier can? Like this is saying that you put your computer in standby.

Comment

• Everything becomes very brittle at those temps so be careful.

Comment

• I found the link to that page where the guy used LN to set the world record in 3DMark >> http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/Madonion/3DMark2001SE/

Check it out, it's pretty cool

:cheers:

Comment

• You need money to do all that...and balls...but with money comes balls so its just down to money.

BTW love the article...thx:thumb:
                    - Damien

Comment

• No prob :)

Yeah, this guy got the $:cry:

Comment

• Are the forums dead today, or am I just not seeing any new posts for some odd reason?:?:

Comment

• Just no action here yesterday. Sometimes happens. ;)

Comment

• OK, thnx ;)

Enjoy your drink Wiggo.

Comment

• Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz @ 2.2GHz
                              FIC FC19 (845E)
                              768mb Crucial PC2700 CAS2
                              nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 reference (300/600)
                              80gb Seagate 7,200 ATA100
                              Det 30.30
                              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• SWEET....i remember you mentioning that rig in the Beer Garden. 4200 at 4600 speeds. Sweet rig dude...GJ:thumb:
                                - Damien

Comment

Working...
                                X