No announcement yet.

TweakTown Clan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I was bored and photoshop was staring at me :cry:.

I suck at photoshop :(

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

i'd consider joining a BF1942 clan, but i'd l;ike to see how good the team fuctions with tactics and the like before joining

Comment

My superiority should be noted. :devil: :p

I only play UT2003 and BF1942. Just got BF to work yesterday and I'm in a clan for it. :cool:

Comment

Well I have been thinking alot about it and it sounds like a good idea. But the other thread kinda got lost into a bragging contest and what not. Anyways I think the first few things we should try and figure out should be:

A. Who is going to join the clan?
          B. What games is the clan going to play?
          C. What games each person will play?
          D. Who can make the clan site?
          E. What's the clan tag? (In case [TT] is taken)

I was thinking that we should have "Sub-clans" for each game we play. What "Sub-clan" you are in would depend on what games you play the most. For instance if you played AVP2 the most you might have a tag on the end of your name like "-AVP2-" or something like that.

We also need to figure out who will run the servers for each game. I personally think it would be better if each game that the clan played would have a clan server. I mean when a clan starts and doeasnt really have it's own server it really isnt an organized clan. And the person who would run the server would be the admin and enforce the rules (rules would most likely depend on which game. But there are some pretty standard ones: No spawn killing/camping etc...). I will run a server when I get a broadband connection. It would most likely be either: JKII, AVP2, Battlefield 1942 (If they currently do not have a server)

Also regarding the website I was thinking that it should have a "Main" site. The main site would have news about each "sub-clan", polls, etc. And links to each "Sub-clan's" site. Which could simply be a sub-domain of the main site. i.e. www.tweaktownclan.com for the main site then: www.jkii.tweaktownclan.com etc. But this is all up to who would be paying for the server (maybe even on the current tweaktown server I don't know).

Each "Sub-clan's" site would have a member list maybe download's if they don't take up to much room, links to the forum and sites that are about the game that the clan is in etc. And if we get some modders in our clan maybe some unique mods/skins.

I personally don't like having "Ranks" in a clan but maybe for some games it would be helpfull like in Battlefield 1942 maybe. But we should have people that are admins. And maybe a couple admins per game (so that if one admin wasnt there another admin would know the server password so that he/she could kick people and whatnot).

As for communication and people wanting to join Tweaktown already has forums :D just make another "sub-forum" or whatever they are.

I know this all seems far-fetched and excuse me if I took more than my fair share of opinions... Anyway just thinking about the prospect of having a big clan.

Thanks for reading,

-PGA1234

Comment

Good ideas, but no need to start another thread about it. Threads merged...

Comment

ok i guess ill give a go at filling in the blanks and ss what transpires:

A: everyone who games and can show their support of the site by...gulp...putting the clan designation in front of their names:

[TT]NERVagent55-SOFII

B:fps-centric at first till we can grow this - then anything we can pull off properly - at the ver least we would have to play all tournament type games - any landmark title - example BF1942 - its far from proven but we all know its got huge online potential - it does grab the numbers when it comes to online players and its fun plain and simple - certain games would hit the ground running with full clan support and others would be a wait and see (any examples??? the only one i could come up with was NOLF2 - sure it will have multiplayer - but.....uh a clan?

B: [CS]counter-strike(no half-life right?), [Q3]quake iii (too old?arena?team arena?), [JK2] jedi knight ii, [MOHAA]medal of honor allied assault, [RTCW]return to castle wolfenstien, [SOFII]soldier of fortune ii, [BF1942]battlefield 1942, [UT2K3] unreal tournament 2003 - what else??????

C:hopefully we can all play a few games - being a part of this doesnt mean we have to own every game - ill be honest i would probably buy any one the clan added to the rotation - but we should seriously put out our best showing on our favorites and hand it too the competion - but give any we can our best effort - and you know proper ettiquette and all - for me cursing is fine till someone crys then im always sorry i offended - no bullies - no wussies - and we all stick up for our own - i guess we shoud at least commit to 1-3 to be in this thing

C:[CS], [Q3], [JK2], [MOHAA], [RTCW], [SOFII], [BF1942], [UT2K3]

D:we can all offer up our knowledge and help - but the most efficent and talented should be in charge - free time is an issue too - this idea cant die cause the guy in charge of th [CS] site is only available an hour a night - we all need a life but if we commit we would have to follow through

D:I'd like input on the [SOFII] site and even though im into all of em - the next would be the [BF1942} and [UT2K3] sites

E:well in a perfect world we would have [TT] how can we find out if its taken?

E:[TT], [TwkT], [T-T]????:shoot3:

Comment

i'm pretty sure [TT] has or should be taken already... I don't really think that suffixes are necessary either (the game type on the end). There will be people who play multiple types, so there's not much point really.

Comment

I want in....
                  hehe I play a lot of counter strike. And will be willng to play more graphically intensive games once my RMA mobo comes in and I get the Radeon 9700. Then I will be flying.

[TwkTwn] -> that is my suggestion for a tag...a little long, but we will know what it is :D

Comment

8 character tag. some games only allow 15 characters for your name.. :)

Once again, I don't know how well this will work with people all over the world...

Comment

Well I was thinking it doesnt have to be ALL tweaktowners. I mean for just the start we can have the tt'ers then some other people that are good at the game can join. But I think there will be enough people to worry about the time zone thing. Anyway, maybe [TTown]?

Comment

you think you could get interest enough to get 20 people over there to join you guys?

Comment

[TwTw]

Comment

yes easily 20 - me pga and sith are a go - sorry to speak for you guys but i know its possible - for the 3 of us alone to grow it to 20-25 right away prob stable around 40 - 50 by 2003:shoot3:

Comment

I'll be in, 20 people will not be hard at all. I mean we only try and recruit the good peeps ;). It's pretty easy to find good people that will join, no problem. Now who has good site building skills? I for one can make a site and I am homeschooled so I don't think that time would be an issue. But I can't really make nice looking graphics is anyone good at that?

Comment

I can build a site and do some graphic work. The only thing is that it will take me a while to do. I am a full time student and work part-time. So free time is not always available....but I would do some work for a page.

Comment

Working...
                                X