No announcement yet.

Role Play (the game this time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circling high above the sleeping city, Cheogh looked down upon the civilisation that he had loathed for the greater part of his existance on this accursed plane. Foul, aphotic smoke made sickly trails up into the decaying sky, contributing to the already high acidic content in the air above. It was remniscient of the foul brimstone clouds that he was so used to in the planar anchor, the fulcrum of all planes and his home. How he wished he could be there rather than pathetic mortals and weakling astral rejects. Not feeling the thrill of a fresh kill in hours, the craggy creature dove down past the boiling clouds to the nearest populated zone. In the center of a market zone, he made impact amongst the unwary dissidents, sending waves of them sprawling from his landing. Those who stood their ground were in awe of the black figure, clad in the thick smoke of heavily pounded stone. Two burning flares of hatred cut a swarthe through the thick fog and slowly the cover dissipated. Cheogh casually clenched his grip...

The dark gargoyle goaded them into a frenzy. Unleashing the emotions of supreme anger and malice, he whipped up the crowds into a bloodlust. Several onlookers scavenged weapons from whatever was at hand: beer bottles, sticks, chairs. All comers charged at him with their implements, but all were disintegrated by the thin green rays emanting from the beasts claw. Whole crowds of people were reduced to nothing more than a couple of piled skulls. Those who shook of the madness and tried to flee, were grasped by his mass displacement. The enfeebled swarms were helpless as they were teleported into solid earth. The monster looked around with a new sense of accomplishment and strode through the burnt out markets.

A couple of steps from the plaza saw the emergence of a large daemon, not a common sight in these parts but a very common sight in books. It was a faceless butcher, the type who guarded items of great value. It was essentially a great mass of flesh with several sprouting tendrils and hooked barbs. It was surrounded in a never-ending blanket of hideous smelling and highly corrosive gases that ate away most normal metals with little trouble. Wondering at the sudden appearance of such a gargantuan foe, he approached the beast, not fearing it's power or odour.

The beast turned on our villain with surprise. Gathering itself on it's back limbs, the creature formed a thicker pocket of aphotic gases near it's 'mouth' and fired a single darkfire bolt. The chilling beam radiated pure shadow and burnt away matter from the timeline itself. The bolt struck the gargoyle square in the chest, but still he kept striding toward his target, maintainig a powerful hold on reality. He stood two inches from the butcher and delivered a solid punch that broke thought the creatures toughened hide. He unleashed a pre-prepared spell and from the new opening, the things entrails erupted in an avalanche of hideous rotting meat and congealed blood. The mammoth roared and tumbled to it's side. Cheogh removed his arm and proceeded to read the creature's thoughts....

Comment

Comment

Comment

Malone held her closely and she relaxed to his touch. She was completely confused as to what was going on. She never knew he danced, she shook her head and laughed quietly to herself. She was not only left hanging, but his sudden openess took her by surprise. She looked up at him, and she shrank back from his dark brown eyes which pierced through her like an arrow which hurt as she felt weak momentarily.

She listened to his story, she was surprised herself. "Why have you come here, for these books? I do not see where your revenge is placed in such a mess..." She stayed silent for a moment for she felt comfortable against him, she felt awkward at the same time. "I noticed, but whenever you touch me, you look as if you want to be sick...are you okay?"

He said nothing, but he still held her...his look showed many emotions, though she wasn't sure how to translate them. "I do not feel like dancing anymore...I feel tired." She leaned against him and almost fell, but he caught her just before she did. His look was longing, and like he wanted to say something, but she assumed that he had nothing to say. "I have one more thing to ask...where will we go next?" She enquired.

Comment

Malone caught the girl as she stumpled, then flicked his head around and stared at the record player, it flipped upwards and fell into the Luggage, then he carried the girl down off the dance floor and placed her carefully down on the bench where he had sat earlier.

He leaned over the girl, and stared deep into her eyes, "You wish to know what my purpose is on this world? I have no purpose on this earth.....i am merely using it to find the Octavo's, once i have all seven, then my redemption will come. I will be able to start anew!" Malone's eyes glazed and he smiled and looked around, lost in his own thoughts.....

"Thats where we are going my dear, we are going to the 7 corners of the earth, and we are going to collect each of these books. When i was asking you to be my queen, it wasn't the queen of this puny planet, it was something far greater.....something worthy of our combined power!"

Malone was hit from the side, not in a physical sense, but from a blast, he felt something deep down, something was happening, not far away, something was coming, something with a great deal of power, he could feel the power of whatever it was emanating to his mind, it was mind boggling! Although, it wasn't one of the security daemons, they are nothing but bulking fools, this was mental power!

Malone staggered, this was amazing he had never felt anything so frightening in his life, sure he had felt supreme power, and malice and hate, but this was different this was pure lust and evil, this thing reminded him of himself when he was young, the thoughts of this thing smacked into Malone.....it was that creature from before! How did it ever get this powerful! Surely this thing was looking for Malone, Malone had felt vengence like that in his own heart....long ago!

Malone will have trouble on his hands if this thing found him with his current power level, he must make ground! Malone looked both ways, absolutely baffled on what move to make next, another feeling he had never felt before rose to his stomach.....fear

:smokin:

Comment

Comment

Malone stood straight, thinking.....was it worth it? He looked down at the girl, she was amazing, but he would rather be alive then be with her, and at his current power level, he had no chance of defeating his new opponent. He wipped his mouth with the sleeve from his shirt then came to a decision, it must be done....

He turned and strided towards the book, and picked it up, before opening the book he turned to the girl a face of stone imprinted on his features, "Run my dear, get away from here!"

Malone threw the ageing pages open and plunged his hand into the page, not ripping the paper, his hand simply fell through the parchment, becoming one with it, after a short wait the words from the page seemed to lift of the paper and up Malone's arm, they traveled up his arm, up his neck, and onto his face, they stayed there momentarily before disappearing.

Malone dropped the book, and staggered backwards screaming and clutching his head, summouning his power, "RUN MORTAL, NOW!!!!" His formed ripped as he said it, it burst instantly back into its Daemon form, the scream became a roar and he closed his eyes, the ground shook as he stumbled around in circles.

Then it stopped, and a low laugh emerged from the Daemon's body, making his chest heave up and down. He brought his head down and opened his eyes, they glowed a brillaint red that illuminated the entire area breifly, he held out his hands as the light faded and clenched his fists a few times, "The power, i can feel it, feel it flowing through me! Its, hahaha, auxilarating!"

Malone took a step forward and in a large circle under his foot everything began to rot and die instantly, eating out slowly killing everything that it came in contact with, whole trees fell out of the ground, crumbling under their own weight, birds fell out of their nets their bodies hitting the ground as nothing more then a feeble skeleton.

Malone let his eyes travel over the surrounding area and shrugged, then unraveled his wings and let his head fall over to one side, his eyes focusing on that small area so far away, where a pathetic young gargoyle was going through the thoughts of a low grade Daemon. Malone let out a long stream of telepathy straight at the Gargoyle, "Ehehehehe, greetings little one....death is coming for you!" Malone leapt from the ground in a large cloud of dust and launched himself in the direction of the gargoyle, and he was gone.....

Comment

Comment

Malone stopped suddenly, cursing himself, the only reason why the girl was screaming was because of his lost limb! He concentrated breifly, and a brand new appendage....covered in slime and mucus, sprouted from wear the old one had been, 'removed'.....

He moved his hands around to his front and layed two large claws on his chest, a small orb of light appeared there before sinking in, the screaming from the stopped almost immediately. The healing complete Malone looked with hatred in his eyes at the retreating figure of the 'Holy Avenger', "Stop there you deshelved pile of rags!". Seeing that this had no effect Malone simply reached back, slowly charging a fireball, and threw it hard, the ball went in a large arc, coming down in front of the ugly....blowing it back wards, Malone leapt instantly flying at full speed at the falling body, by the time he got there, the 'mummy' was on fire, only in a few places though, and nothing serious.

This time Malone was more cautious around this one, he flew up high, out of its jumping range at least, and flapped slowly looking down at the hideous creature, with each flap of his wings the air that was forced down on the ground killed the grass and small shrubs that were around the being, although it didn't seem to have any effect to Phoez.

"Ok tough guy, what do you think your doing here? And more importantly how do you know that scum Aziraphale? Give me just one reason to drive you into the ground, where you came from, by the look of your dressing!" Saying this with a smirk Malone held out his hand, and his staff shimmered into the large claw, and with this Malone pointed the staff down at the beast as fire twirled and danced along the staff's length, he nodded his head towards Phoez, edging an answer.....

Comment

Comment

Malone screamed, his arm and wing this time regrowing themselves, with a burst of fire matching them, he leapt to his feet his eyes ablaze. Then he heard another scream come from behind him....the mortal! Just as his was, her right arm was dis-membered and laying on the ground beside her, but as his new arm had grew, so had hers, although the sight was still gruesome....

Malone rushed to her side changing back into his mortal self and placed his hands on her chest, and started the healing process again, her eyes clicked open and she coughed and choked as he brought her back softly into concious ness, "Hahahaha, my dear, it seems i'm always doing this lately doesn't it?" His smile broudened as he saw her return the smile.

His face instantly grew grim, he noticed the blood on her face, and the fresh healing scars that pocked her body. He stood up in a fresh rage and jumped forwards, springing back into his true Daemon form in mid air and unfolding his wings, "You piece of astral trash! Show yourself now! You dare run from me! I will rip up this entire planet until you show yourself....." He continued, as his language got progressively worse, a large crater opening up beneath his massive feet as he screamed, eletrictity buzzing between his horns, if you watched closely you would notice his arms, with each screamed words grew larger, throughout the whole ordeal he had grown at least another 2 foot taller and was still growing....

Comment

She looked up at Malone and she eased herself up slowly but fell back slightly as she felt weak. "W-wha...what did that ******* do to you?" She screamed. She looked at him, and examined his injuries. "That...son-of-a-bi..." Malone held his hand to her mouth to quieten her. "I...must at least tend to your injuries!" She insisted.

She shook herself and examined her clothing. "I'm...bleeding, why?" Malone looked back at her and shook his head helplessly. "I wish this all to be over...I need HIS sword. I felt the power within it, I can wield it as well as he..." She looked at him confused. "He fights for the light. That must mean that you and I are counterparts, his sword cannot hurt me directly, unless it hurts you..." She stood up slowly but needed a few moments to catch her breath. "I NEED his sword...we must find him and my master as well." She then slowly walked towards him and crouched next to him she then carefully tended to his wounds. She used her medicinal knowledge, despite that fact that Malone could heal himself, though she felt like she should do something...before that monstrosity came back.

Comment

The rotting beast's mind had nothing truly valuable to the slayer, only that more were currently roaming the world and in the general vicinity. Cheogh had a malicious plan for these beasts. Knowing that they wouldn't and couldn't follow his command under their current condition, he would have to change their allegiances. With this knowledge, he had sought out and killed 4 of the rotting giants and now had them stored on a small desert plateau, a few miles from inhabited city limits. These monoliths would serve a better cause in death than they did in life.

Scratching out a large pentagram around the decaying cadavres, he then proceeded to recite the merging ritual that would create a monstrosity worthy of being called a guardian. Uttering some ancient screeds in some long forgotten tongue, the pentagram began to glow a sickly violet. Bursting forth from the desert dunes issued five chitinous claws. They reached skywards and combined their grasp at the peak of their length. Ripping out of their edges materialized a horrid sheet of gnarled and twisted bodily organs which created a warped and nightmarish dome around the four corpses. Bright lights were radiating deep within the flesh pile and hideous and indescribable sounds were pulsating with it. Cheogh was too busymarvelling at his work, that he didn't even register the power signals projecting from city limits.

Half an hour passed and the nightmare was beginning to dim. The arms that held aloft the freakish tent collapsed, along with the whole flesh structure. As it collapsed, a literal fountain of rancid and congealed blood arose from the whole mess. As it oozed on the ground, only one monolithic construct was standing at it's center. A gargantuan and vicious tower of demonic flesh and malicious will was formed in the binding ceremony. It vaguely resembled a hound in shape, but was the size of a monument ad was built up of draconic bone and tortured meat. Four orifices broke open at the beast's four limbs and out burst the ravenous revenants of the faceless souls that constructed it. These vile spectres were to form the unholy armour that protected the hulk. The remaining flesh and bone that had been left over from the operation were quickly being absorbed into the soles of the demon, increasing it's capacity for the souls of the living.

Cheogh laughed in triumph. The 'Legion' construct that he had created was more a success than he could ever have wished. Never before had he actually the corpses to construct this creature. Knowing that the hapless pair in the sewers would also be after Malone, he knew this would give him ample time to leave the mortal realm forever. The spine of the world was calling and the had come to leave. Leaping in to the sky, Cheogh and the Legion went in opposite directions, one heading off into the sandy void, and the other off to the broken remnants of civilization.

Comment

OOC: I'm on leave (26 days of relaxation) in the States. I'm not on the comp much for the simple fact that I'm relaxing and enjoying life, friends, family, and a few parties :)

I might show up sooner or later and add a few paragraphs to this RP. Don't count on it though. :thumb:
                              Chris "Raven"
                              News Crew - TweakTown
                              <!--
                              <font size=1>
                              <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                              - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                              - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                              - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                              </font>
                              // -->
                              "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X