No announcement yet.

Role Play (the game this time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Astarté asked this question Luggage seemed to shake from side to side, an on-looker would have said it seemed he was laughing.

Malone looked down, noticing this and asked him what he knew of the subject, "Well master, lets say, right about now, our friend won't be feeling himself!"(telepathically) Luggage shook again.

With a strange look down Malone raised one eye-brow and turned to Astarté, "Hmmmm....well thats strange, but yes i think your previous 'employer' will be back. So unless you wish to be caught by him i think we need to take make our leave.....come...grab on mortal, i don't want u getting hurt," seeing her eyes gleam over and a smile appearing on her face, "Because if u get hurt i get hurt, i don't want that getting in my way!"he added with a smirk.

He held out his hand and she took it, he roughly threw her on his back, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, so she didn't fall off, this didn't really bother Malone, he didn't really NEED to be breath anyway.

Malone withheld his right hand and concentrated, and in a small out rushing of air, his old battered staff appeared, fire ran up and down its length, he smiled, at least he hadn't lost the ability to do that!

He leaned forwards, and started running slowly, then when he was confident that the girl could hold on tightly, he picked his run up to full speed, passing through small groups of the mutants as he went, he dimly heard the girl crying or gasping in shock as she witnessed the things he did to them as he ran past.

When he slowed down to a slow pace after a few hourse he let the girl walk on her own two legs by simply reaching over his shoulders and plucking her from his back and placing her on the ground, "I'm sure you are able to walk for yourself now small one! What is wrong with you? You look drained......"

:smokin:

Comment

She needed a moment to catch her breath. Astarté breathed heavily and leaned over with her hands on her knees. As she finally caught her breath she glared at him with digust. "What did you do to them? Can you not do anything without hurting innocent people in the process?"

She walked away from him...angry. It was as it seemed that she was constantly angry at him for something, she wondered if it would always be like that. She sighed, but she took the time and looked around, it was a sight not known to her. So, abstract. All her life she'd known the life underground in the sewers, she found it hard to adjust to outdoor light. She looked up in amazement, for the first time she saw the sky and a small breeze rippled through her hair. The joy and happiness was it's greatest by her record. She didn't know anything else to do, but laugh and twirl around in the quiet countryside where they resided at the present time.

Malone and Luggage stood by indifferently. They watched on as Astarté revelled in her delight. She danced so gracefully Malone noticed, though he struggled to put it out of his mind. "Master, me thinks it's time to rest." Luggage spoke to him through his mind. "I'd agree." He murmured back to the chest.

Astarté had never felt such freedom and revelation, she felt as if she were one and only with the world. She chuckled and fell neatly on the grass next to Malone and lay down to look at the sky. "Wow, I'd never realised the outside to be so beautiful. See, the sky so blue, and the sun so bright...It's all so different to the sewers." Malone sat and watched her carefully. He continued to battle with his feelings, cutting and burning into him like fire, though, he knew deep in his heart that it was right. Could it be that this young girl had it in her to ber his "lifelong link?" He was confused, lost. He sat and marvelled at the dark haired girl, but said nothing.

He spoke after many minutes of calm silence. "It will change soon...darkness will come..."

Comment

OOC: Character profiles are now available:

Poe - www.ravenz.com/poe.html
        Aziraphale - http://www.ravenz.com/az.html
        -----------------------------
        Aziraphale and Poe had now reached the entrance to the access tunnel stairway, and were looking for signs of previous company. Adjusting his eyes, Poe scanned the area and noticed multiple energy signatures. "Looks like they were here not too long ago. Heat patterns show a lot happened here. I wonder where they went."

"There's only one psychic presence here now, and it's quite mad," commented Aziraphale. "I can see it as if I were looking at a picture. Follow me this way, if you will." With that, the two began walking down the southern sewage tunnel.

A few minutes later, Poe began thinking. "So, what were you doing down there by that old reactor? What were all those books." Aziraphale smiled, "I am a collector of sorts. I like to follow the history of this malevolent planet, and those books contain a wealth of information." Thinking a moment, "I suppose you could say I live down there from time to time."

"Interesting," Poe mused. "At least you're not as rude as a few others I've met lately. That's definately a plus!"

Perhaps this could be an interesting adventure after all. Aziraphale took the opportunity to break the silence and pose a question of his own. "Why was I unable to detect or read you? I have never met a being I was unable to 'feel' from a distance. In fact, at this moment if you were not next to me, I would not know you were here."

Poe considered the question, and decided it wouldn't hurt to answer. "Well, I think in digital and not by psychic means. It's a defensive measure I was born with. It comes in handy more often than not. Besides, I like a good surprise at another's expense."
        ...Way to go boss, why don't you tell him everything?...

At that very moment, the two heard a loud growl, followed by repeated smashing noises. Something was definately angered. Poe moved forward silently to get a better view. It was a large stone gargoyle.. and it didn't look like it wanted to talk. It was now perched upon an old stone desk with it's back towards the entrance to the room. Poe readied his shotgun. Taking aim, he fired one round just above the gargoyle's head.
        Chris "Raven"
        News Crew - TweakTown
        <!--
        <font size=1>
        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
        </font>
        // -->
        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

The little human seemed so in awe about the light and sky....interesting. As she spun in the air, holding her arms out, Malone couldn't stop himself, a pleased smile quickly passed his lips, he scolded himself instantly, and with-held a neutral face as the girl turned to look at him.

"Little one, it is time for sleep! Follow me!" He led her down a deserted alley way, and lay down on the ground, then thinking and looking at the girl, he stood again, "Luggage get here!" the lumbering box plodded up beside its master and its lid clicked open, Malone plunged his arm inside the black ness and pulled out a large pillow and a blanket and threw them at the girl, then he layed back on the ground and put his hands behind his head and rested....

Malone closed his eyes and fell to sleep, the sun resting softly on his eyelids, he listened to what the girl had to say for a while, then quietly commented...."It will change soon...darkness will come..."

Thinking that this would satisfy the girl he fell back further into sleep, but after a short period he felt pressure on his arm, when he opened his eyes slightly to slits he saw that the girl had abandoned her pillow and came to rest on his arm. Mortals, they act so strangely....

They slept for about 3 hours, and by the time Malone's eyes clicked back open, the moon had put it self high in the sky. He straightened and his ears perked, there was someone around this area, with a shrug the girl fell heavily off his arm and onto the ground, and Malone lept to his feet, "Quickly girl on your feet, we must leave! We are headed for a place i read about long ago! I need your assitance, put your gear back and grab hold! NOW!!!" He roared the last word at her as a large group of Mutants rounded the corner at the far end of the Alley.....

Comment

She awoke and grisled. Though she was comfortable where she was, she very much liked sleeping against the daemons arm, or just near him. She felt as if the connection was necessary, perhaps she was the one to melt his frozen heart.

She hastily packed her things with his command and munched on one of the pastries she'd stuffed in her pocket previously. She smiled and popped it into her mouth, savouring it's sweetness. "Come on girl, quit smiling, we have to go!" Malone snapped.

"Hmm, okay...just a minute" Astarté sauntered slowly towards him. "Do I have to hop on your back again? Make sure not to hurt anybody this time." He took her hand firmly in hers and dragged her on his back. Astarté concentrated closely on the minds of their chasers, she gasped "It's the mutants you bothered earlier! Let's just get going!"

Malone moved off at almost warp speed, and Astarté found it hard to keep up as her surrounding whizzed past as a blur. She didn't scream for she was not scared, but she held him tighly around his neck. From her observations, he did not tense, nor did he struggle with his high-speed way of "getting around" she assumed it as normal, and just stayed thoughtful as to where the daemon had in mind of their new destination.

She tried to send psychic waves towards him, though unsuccessfully they bounced off again, why could she not read him? She tried to communicate with Luggage. "He-hehe-he-hee! I'm so excited, master take us on great ride, to strange place, he-hehe-he-hee!" "Pffft...what's wrong with him?" She asked Malone. "He's just excited, just don't let go, we can't have you getting hurt, little one."

They carried on in silence, or more of a whirr as it seemed to the blue-haired telepath. The time passed like it was nothing, and hours later, they came to what appeared to be the site of some ruins. Astarté said nothing, but examined her surroundings in awe. "Wow, they're...immensely huge, what are they? Where are we?" in front of the groupt stood a collosal building, in shambles as it appeared, and an equally large hole in the side, going and shrinking further more into unknown territory.

"We be here. I shall fill you in now..." Malone said.

Comment

Malone looked around and smiled, then he raised his hands high, and turned, "This my dear is the Ruins of Ufolzio, they were built Aeons ago! Of course they weren't really built by my people personally......but by slaves of our people to our plans," Seeing the disgust from before rise to the girls face, Malone tryed to think of something, "Uhmmmm, i'm sure they got a pleasent retirement deal little one...."

Malone, still wearing a smile walked forwards to pass through the gaping door, and was blown backwards, electricity buzzing off his body as he flew back wards, he landed in a slump and groaned, he recovered quickly and raised himself on one elbow. "What the hell happened then??" He rose his arms into the air in astonishment, and then he realised what had happened, he was in mortal form, he got up quickly letting out a few of his favoured curses and swears, and as he walked his figure warped and changed and his figure ripped into its natural 7 foot 5 form.

Malone looked around from his old body, all his old thoughts flooding back, but this time mixed with his mortals form, he looked at the mortal, and growled under his breath as he passed, "Mortal keep yourself here and notify me if anything happens out here, tell luggage, and he will get to me...." With that the monster lurched through the doorway, disappering in the darkness.....

As he walked further away from Astarté Malone could feel his thoughts molding back into his usual thoughts and feelings, a smile passed accross his face as he went lower, being in this Demonic place probably wasn't helping, but he knew he couldn't do anything TOO outlandishe while around the little mortal, he didn't want to leave a bad impression, but if what he had read in those books so long ago, there is a temper room down here somewhere, finally, its been so long since i've been able to blow something up!

Malone ran through the huge underground complex like he was a teenager again, finally his demonic blood was running again, it was so auxilerating! He hadn't felt like this for years! Ahhhh! here it was! Malone's wings clicked open and he flew high into the roof and slowly started making the largest ball of energy he could muster, and he thrust his hands above his head and it burst into flame, he threw with all his might downwards, towards the large Ormanite target that had been built so long ago. As the ball struck the target, fire engulfed the room and up, out of the room, Malone, danced in the flames, they had no effect to this body, he felt great! He laughed as he left the room, the floor shook as he walked.

Now onto the library, and if the book he had read was true, there he would find the Octavo, that fabulous book! One of the spells of the creator, after all this time, be in his possesion! He rounded the corner at a fast run, and came into the room he desired, and there, just as the carving so long ago had indicated was the Octavo.

Malone counted under his breath as he walked into the room, and ducked on time as a large blade swung from the roof and past his head, then he stepped one step to the left as a burst of ice leapt from the ground, this continued for about 10 minutes as the daemon seemed to dance along the floor, merely missing some of the most deadlist traps that world had ever seen, and if you looked closely you would have seen the smile on his face grow larger and larger as he waltzed closer and closer towards the book in the middle of the room.

Outstretching his hands, Malone said a few quiet incantations under his breath as he reached for the book, and it floated out of its casing, and into Malone's hand, and with a few simple back jumps, he was out of the room without a scratch.

Holding the book in one large claw Malone threw his hands into the air and laughed the cackle of a thousand years of waiting and pain, Fire and lava leapt from the ground in a great circle around him, and he ran, ran straight to the mortal, she must know the news! Malone ran as fast as his long legs could carry him, as the comples leapt into fire at his heals, he passed through the gaping door as nothing but a blur and leapt high into the air and unraveled his wings and screamed, not in pain but in extreme happiness......

Comment

Astarté sat unpatiently outside the large ruin and sighed. "I hate waiting games..." Luggage continued to dance happily from side to side. She sent short burst of energy towards that wooden box. "Where ARE we exactly and why are you so happy!" He answered to her in jumbled sentences far too obscure to translate. She sighed again and asked Luggage for a blanket and pillow, almost instantly his lid popped open and within it contained the most luxurious and expensive looking bedding. She thanked him quietly and gave him a quick hug. To her surprise he stopped jumping around, seemed to look at her, then he began again, though this time he seemed alot happier.

She laid out the bedding on the grass and she lay down and looked up at the sky, again it had changed from blue to black and dotted with small spots...shining. She asked so many questions to herself, why is she "special", why does she have strange coloured hair, why is the sky blue and why was she stuck with Malone? (He wasn't much for company) All of these questions remained unanswered. She was getting bored, left with nothing but the deathly silence of the night and a kind of scratching noise. Darn that stupid box.

Her boredom and her constant wariness of her situation soon exhausted her. So she slept with the warm air blowing against her skin and silence, at last. She wondered what Malone was doing...she worried for him, despite her fears of newly discovered gift. Also putting aside the grudge she held for him for "playing" with her. She decided to fully co-operate, surely if he planned to hurt her, he would of done so by now.

She felt intimidated by the enormous building which stood proudly, but unstably before her. ....He never told her what they'd come here for, she remembered. She hoped that she'd find out soon, slowly, but surely, she steadfastly fell into sleep.

She awoke to the sound of rumbling deep within the earth, she gasped loudly, and searched her surroundings, she was fine, but that sounds lurked deep within the hole in the building. What was once just a dark, black hole, now was slightly glowing with the colour of fire. She frowned heavily, she hoped that Malone wasn't doing something devious... Her frown changed to worry as fire now escaped from the hole, hot, heavy and full of rage.
                "What the...Malone?!" She ran quickly to hear someone scream. His voice rang throughout the cave and all the way towards the entrance, towards her....

Malone, jumped out screaming with delight, coming out completely unscathed. "Ahaha! My dear! You must come, quickly! I have something to show you!" He yelled excitedly.
                Astarté looked at him with her mouth gaping. "What the hell was that! ...You could of got yourself killed, what were you thinking?!"
                He looked at her and laughed loudly "Sure, sure dear mortal. Fire can not hurt me!" He said and laughed again.

She shook her head again for what seemed like the hundreth time and walked towards him, shakily. "What is your good news, daemon?"

Comment

That look had arisen to the girls face again....Malone frowned, and his face warped and shortened, same as with the rest of his body, as his figure shrunk itself back into the human body.

"Now little one, this here is one of the seven chapters to the book 'Octavo'. Your race seems to be under the impression that your 'god' created the universe, HA! That book you called the bible! What a joke, i knew the person who wrote that book well, what your race doesn't seem to know is that the book was written by a drunken angel in a pub in Rome! But this, this is the truth, the Octavo, written by the true creator of the universe, he goes by no name, except 'The Creator'. There are seven of these books scattered accross the world, within their old crackled pages is one spell each, when combined these spells created the universe, all that time ago!"

"In each book there is one element each Earth, Fire, Wind and Water, but then there is 3 more, each one more complex, one has the power to create the mind, and all its thoughts, but the other 2, now they are special, LIfe....and Death, this here my dear is Death!"

"The noble race of the Daemon long ago was entrusted to keep this book safe, and stop it from falling into the wrong hands. Only a few of the highest Historians know of this books existence today, lucky for me did i stumble across the book that told me about all 7! How to control them, and how to find them! HA! Those mumbling fools in Pandemonium do not understand the power they can harness! We can rule this world! You my dear will be my queen!" With this Malone held out a hand, his eyes glinted as he smiled......

Comment

Astarté eyes flared up in anger. "And what...so YOU want ME to come with you to rule the universe, the world...all in the face of destruction? How could you possibly suggest that...to ME! I MAY be your link, but I DO NOT have to agree to any of this. Do I not have a say? I may be only mortal, but I WILL refuse any part of this...especially to be your queen, heaven forbid the thought!" She stalked off in a fit of rage, obviously irate. Malone stood but held his position, purely shocked. He didn't expect her reply to be so...opposing.

As she walked away from him she screamed and cursed profusively, in between her spouts of obscenities she shouted "I will be taking my leave now, I don't care where, but I don't want to be anywhere near you!" She carried on walking, unusually fast. Malone looked on at her strangely from a distance. "What! What did I say?" He shouted back at her. "Besides mortal, where will you go? With that strange hair of yours, you're sure to be captured again, your captors will certainly not treat you with the best of hospitality."

Astarté quite some length off now, stopped. She realised the truth in his reply. She could not argue it, nor could she deny, she knew it was true. Though, she did not walk back towards him. She would not give him the satisfaction of seeing her defeated. He laughed loudly "Come on mortal, you know it's true!" He yelled out to her. "I will stand my ground, daemon. No one dares force me into something I do not wish to carry out!" She retorted.

He laughed loudly "Okay, okay...come back, I'm sure we can work something out! ...please, I can't go without you" He stood, pleading. Astarte stood also in her position and sighed exasperated. "Very well..." She began to make her way back. "You know what else, Astarté? It's night, and the temperatures will become freezing, you wouldn't survive in that poor flimsy coat of yours...even WITH the blanket." Malone laughed louder.

Comment

Malone chuckled quietly under his breath as he walked out to meat the girl half-way in between, when Malone got closer, he noticed something relatively strange from this stead-fast girl, tears, the mortal had tears running slowly from her eyes. Malone had never noticed sorrow before, sure he had witnessed sorrow, and he had dealt sorrow, but he had never felt it, seeing Astarté with tears, brought a new feeling to Malone's being, he felt himself choke, trying to control himself, he pulled himself up straight and looked down at the girl, she was also shivering, he raised one eye brow and looked the girl up and down, and came to a decisiion.

Without warning he turned and walked back to Luggage, "Open now!" the lid clicked open and Malone thrust his arm deep inside, and pulled out a small selection of clothes of the finest material. They were of make of the old Daemon princesses of old, although the mortal didn't know that....

"Here my dear, wear these, they should fit just fine, and they will surely keep the cold from your skin!" Malone gave the clothes over to her and stepped backward, a smile passing over his lips as he admired the young mortal, "Astarté we must be heading out soon though, some of the 'Authorities' should be arriving soon from Pandemonium, I'm sure we don't want to run into them...."

Comment

A loud shot came from behind the gargoyle, but it did not startle him, for he was quite aware that he had company. As the plaster above his head crumbled and flicked grains of brick on his head, the fiend turned to his would-be guests and turned back to his work. "Go away, can you not see that i'm working." Just before, he had been studying the inner workings of his new shell, the properties of it's soldification and on new theories for regaining his power. Using his adopted name, Cheogh was able to quickly harden his carapace from simple concerte to the fabled black adamant of legends past, offering him considerable protection and near invulnerability to most forms of conventional weaponry, which the gunman behind him failed to recognize. Another blast from the shotgun now came toward the perched demon. The tight volley of pellets ricocheted harmlessly off the polished jet surface of the creature's new hide. Turning on the pair he grumbled "Why do you waste your time with me? I have done no wrong to you. Why don't you chase you friend Malone away to his home, yes I do know that the both of you are looking for him and so am I, so wouldn't it be best if we combined our efforts in order to send him to his hell?" The outside pair looked to each other upon hearing their quarry's name. "So it's agreed. You two can look for him and i'll stay here." With that, Cheogh gave a stretch of his wings and from the tunnel entrance burst an impenetrable barrier of transparent red diamond that barred further passage and shells from the outer tunnel.

At that moment, a familiar blue blob oozed it's way through the upper grate. "Ha, My plan worked!" The wayward slime had been lured back to the lair due to Cheogh's false energy signals which he had released upon venting his rage. "Now you belong to me once again!" and with a chuckle, he sunk his claw into the jelly and immediatley began to draw his lost power's unto himself. As the trails of blue changed back to their original red colour, he could feel his power returning to him, restoring him to his former power. His eyes now glowed with a brilliant red sheen and tiny sparks broke out from his coat. Deep within the black husk tore dark spirals of twisted red veins As for the stolen energies, he cast them into a small vial which he tightly sealed. This energy prison might come in handy later. He practiced with his old metamorphic abilities, changing gnarled limbs into razor hooks without the slightest ease and keeping it's unearthly toughness. He decided that retaining his current guise might be more rewarding than donning his familiar bedsheet. He turned his gaze to a broken table upon which was his backup blanket and then to the pair outside. "It's time to say goodbye!" and he gave a quick wave as he sprung through the roof, leaving smoking trails in his wake. The lair's structure began to give way and collapsed in on itself, burying the beast's home of untold years...

Comment

Astarté peered closely at the clothing that Malone had gifted her with. She observed them closely, she noted on it's fine threading and needlework, she estimated them to be worth hundreds...though she did not dare to ask him, for it was his choice, though she was sure he regretted it. She wiped her tears briskly with the swipe of her long coat sleeves to her face. She stared long and hard at Malone's face. He was in human form, she told herself that she found his daemon form intimidating, but there was something else when he turned "mortal." She didn't know what it was, though she wasn't in the mood to answer any of her questions right now.

As she looked at him, he showed nothing past passiveness. She longed to know what he was thinking. He would be as confused as she at this whole situation, but she refrained from prying. "...I...will go and get changed now." He nodded. She moved cautiously now, because her sight was restricted, there was no light to help her. She managed to find her way behind a large stone wall and dressed herself. While she took her clothing off to replace them, she heard whistling that was coming closer. "Malone, I'm not decent yet..." She blushed. He said something incoherently and passed a small intricate brush just to the left of where she was standing, though she couldn't see him. She relaxed with a sigh of relief, she laughed at herself as she realised that she'd been holding her breath. She took the small brush from him and thanked him.

The dress she replaced her clothes with was of Emerald Green, lengthy, just the way she liked it and made of the smoothest velvet, which she felt comfortable in, she covered herself, with a thick brown overcoat with a deep hood...it was made extremely well she inspected. She quickly brushed her hair and yelped in pain as she attempted to rid herself of the knots. But she felt that it had a nice texture, she smiled brightly and moved out and gathered her things to go to where Malone and Luggage waited for her.

"Well, I think I'm ready, How do I look?" She asked. Malone stood and looked her up and down, but said nothing. "Well?!" She sighed. "At least tell me what your alternative is...."

Comment

Malone stood, his eyes widening, this mortal was beautiful, her hair when combed was stunning, as it hung delicately down to her waist, and she smiled up at him, she was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on before....the dress he had given her, as he had expected had shrunk to fit her body wondefully, showing all her curves to their full potential.

"Well, I think I'm ready, How do I look?" Astarté quietly said to him, a nervous smile on her face, Malone was still stunned that a mortal would look at him in this way, he was more use to fear or terror, Malone took a step backwards, "Well?!At least tell me what your alternative is...."

Malone held up his hands defensively, and shook his hands as the girl turned away, "Little one, no! You are stunning!" Thinking of what he had just let loose from his lips Malone turned....embarrsed, then angrily he marched towards luggage "Come on you piece of lumbering wood! We're leaving!" He sat heavily on the lid as the legs whirred into action, as they roared passed the girl Malone held one arm out and grabbed the girl softly (which was supirising at that speed) around the waist and placed her down behind him, "Now hold on mortal, we going to go full speed soon!"

Before he kicked Luggage in the side to signal full speed, Malone looked back from whence they came at the Ruins, lightning shot from the ground, and where once there was blank ground stood a large group of bulking daemons, they roared loudly, which shook the ground. A look of panic and fear crossed Malone's face and he kicked luggage hard, multiple times and held on for his life as the wooden behemoth shot into full speed, leaving nothing but a fading shadow and a blur.....

Comment

Asarté sat next to Malone holding on to him tightly as they moved along at a deathly speed. "...You said something didn't you?" She yelled over the large noise they were making. He ignored her but grew warm and shifted uncomfortably. She chuckled lightly and asked "Are...those the authorities? ...Wait, did you STEAL that book? ...What are you planning to do EXACTLY?"

He again ignored her and kicked Luggage a little harder to make him go faster. He yelled to the box "Hurry up! We can't let them get to us!" Astarté heard Luggages response in between laboured breathing "Yes master....faster...must go faster!" she flet sorry for him, but she saw the urgency of Malone's face so she did not override his decision.

"When we stop can you tell me what you plan, after this? I'm still rather lost you know." He still ignored her, his face contorted with concentration. "Could you at least say something?" She shook her head, but left him alone until they stopped.

Almost 5 hours of tireless chasing, it seemed as if the Authorites had given up pursuit, or...they'd pulled off a great escape. When they'd stopped again Luggage collapsed in exhaustion, Astarté knelt down beside him "Are you okay? I hope we didn't work you so hard..." She attempted to read his reply. "No....it is...okay...so...tired....I'm...okay..." She indicated to him to rest.

She walked over to Malone who seemed...distant. "What's wrong with you? You haven't said anything to me since we left. Is it something I said?" He said nothing and turned away from her quickly his cheeks coloured deeply. "It would help if you could say something...please" She tried to face him, but he continued to avert his gaze towards her.

"Well, I'll be over there if you wanna start talking to me. I want to know what you're thinking. I can't read you mind, literally, you're blocked off..." She slowly turned around and sat down on the grass nearby and picked at it. She sighed deeply, she wished she knew what he was thinking...was he scolding himself, she wanted to know. It was like...he was punishing himself for something. She asked herself many questions. But she did nothing, so she continued to wait.

Comment

Malone turned, looking at the ground, trying not to look the girl in the eye, it was so hard. He felt the bash on his mind again, she tryed to read his mind once again obviously.

He looked up suddenly, remembering something he had read long ago, "For your link, and yourself to be fully happy with eachother, you musn't have secrets, let down your gaurd and you will be happy!"

He looked at the girl again, yet another emotion was on his face that he didn't fully understand, this time it was agitation, no-one in his life had dared show him agitation and lived! Now this little mortal was yelling at him! This puzzled him momentarily, then he walked around in a small circle thinking to himself, "Happy", had he ever been truly happy? Or was it just lust and desire for power that drove him?

He stopped, then looked deep at the girl, marvelling at her, the dress, and her hair, although, now it was wind-muffled, and hung un-evenly over her shoulders, she was still simply amazing..... ARGH! Malone shook his head, what was he thinking, she was a mortal! A mere mortal! But he couldn't keep the thoughts in his head, they kept just turning to dust as soon as he felt any form of dislike towards her....

Malone walked towards the girl, his head tilted downwards although his eyes glowered at her still, his stride's struck the ground hard, leaving large imprints where he walked. "Mortal, my thoughts are mine to keep! My head is my own!" Malone was trying to talk through gritted teeth and yell at her, although he couldn't get it out, the last sentence came out as nothing more then a nervous squeek.

Argh! This was hopeless, he couldn't keep his head straight when around this girl! He walked sadly back accross the park and sat down on a bench, and cupped his head in his hands, and for the first time in his life....he weapt.....

Comment

Working...
                                X