what has the most caffine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what has the most caffine?

what drink has the most caffine or whatever to keep you up for a long long time? coffee? bawls? what.....lol

This isnt gonna aid in any Mower wheelies is it ;)
    :rofl:

I think Coffee probably does, but MtnDew with a little extra sugar always gives the kick i need to keep up, and Ive been drinking it, for, too long ;)

Comment

okay its my friend that needs it......lol he thinks that bawls and penguin mints would be better than coffee but i say just to drink some black coffee cause its alot cheaper and stuff, true it doesnt taste too good but its so much cheaper and easier to get .......

Comment

One word
        "Jolt" twice the caffine....:drool:

Comment

espresso ;)

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
            espresso ;)

I will have to correct you on this as it is a very common misconception.......The more you roast a coffe bean the darker it gets, with that it also looses the caffine, so a lighter roast has more caffine vice versa expresso being the darkest roast(besides burnt coffe) has the least amount of caffine...

Comment

Originally posted by gh0stsurf
              I will have to correct you on this as it is a very common misconception.......The more you roast a coffe bean the darker it gets, with that it also looses the caffine, so a lighter roast has more caffine vice versa expresso being the darkest roast(besides burnt coffe) has the least amount of caffine...
              True, but espresso is much more concentrated than normal coffee, so it sometimes can contain more caffeine. It all depends on the preperation.

EDIT: Red Bull is the winner! http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caff...ne_info1.shtml

Comment

[b]Is it true that espresso has less caffeine than regular coffee?

Yes and no. An espresso cup has about as much caffeine as a cup of dark brew. But servings for espresso are much smaller. Which means that the content of caffeine per milliliter are much higher than with a regular brew. Moreover, caffeine is more quickly assimilated when taken in concentrated dosages, such as an espresso cup.

The myth of lower caffeine espresso comes comes from the fact that the darker roast beans used for espresso do have less caffeine than regularly roasted beans as roasting is supposed to break up or sublimate the caffeine in the beans (I have read this quote on research articles, but found no scientific studies supporting it. Anybody out there?). But espresso is prepared using pressurized water through significantly more ground (twice as much?) than regular drip coffee, resulting in a higher percentage of caffeine per milliliter.
                http://coffeefaq.com/caffaq.html

:cheers:

*one more quote:
                [b]Does dark roast coffee have less caffeine than light roast?

It really depends on how you measure the caffeine. If you measure by weight you actually have more caffeine in dark roast because the water loss if faster than the caffeine loss. If you measure by volume you have less caffeine because the beans expand as they roast.

Comment

WOW! I thought Mtn Dew only had 35g of caffiene. Kickass, the more the better!

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                    lol, you should read the whole page ;) Red Bull is beat by Percolated Coffee, Drip Coffee, Brewed Coffee (half the time), and 8 different caffeine pills

Comment

From the link Beefy provided, it looks like coffee is the winner. It has upwards of 175mg for a 7 ounce cup while Red Bull only has 115.5mg per 12 ounce serving.

I'll stick with my cup of Jo
                      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                      My Toys

Comment

don't forget that there's extra jolt (triple the caffine thats in coke)
                        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                          lol, you should read the whole page ;) Red Bull is beat by Percolated Coffee, Drip Coffee, Brewed Coffee (half the time), and 8 different caffeine pills

I was thinking more for a LAN scene. So you don't really want to take a coffee machine to a LAN. So I was sticking to the 'Bottled Beveridge' area. And taking pills purely for caffeine is a little silly IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingPenguin
                            true it doesnt taste too good
                            :eek: :blah:

Do not curse my man! :no:

It tastes just as good as a womman!! :lips: :drool:

*Well, almost..

Comment

Crack. Speed. Cocaine.

They all work wonders.

Comment

Working...