No announcement yet.

3d mark 2001se ARE THESE GOOD MARKS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an interesting hint there... just as soon as i upgrade to 41.09 drivers again. i had to format my hard disk due to reasons of undue cause and aggrevation from "things" so i had to scramble the latest WQHL 31.40 drivers from asus. i have an unsolved mystery at the moment with this mobo which i wonder if any of the admin moderators know anything about, which i am still trying to troubleshoot. I know someone else who has the same problems with the board. Mark is running top quality 2 x 256 3500 twinbank dimms, and i am still running infineon 512 2700 1x dimm. If i run sandra 2002 or sandra 2003 or 3dmark 2001se, these applications rate my memory as running at 133 rarther than the 166 effective 333 bus for my mem and the same for marks 200mhz effective 400 bus. The same goes for the processor. We've tried all the tweaks and adjustments plus both our PC's don't restart properly, windows shuts down but then the PC hangs and doesn't restart, occasionally it will after an application installation, and windows prompts <restart>. Has anybody else out there heard about these problems yet??

Comment

I see here in your sig -

"CPU: Aggressive timings 133mhz
      Memory Aggressive timings
      133% 166mhz user defined to cas 2.5T"

So, you are running your cpu at 133 fsb, then you set a ratio of that to make the memory run at 166? Or are you running at a different fsb speed?

Comment

I just got got into the 16,600 range on 3DMARK2001. Not to bad, but nothing compared the the Rev. Was it you Rev, that said you were in the 19k range now? Now that is a score. Bro, some quality Ram would help your scores tremendously. If you are looking to OC your chip you need some quality memory to compliment it. Look into OCZ! They were one of the original pioneers of OCing Ram. My OCZ PC3500 is stable and kicking ass at 429mhz! It's expensive though, but definitely worth every penny!:laugh:

-Hawks

Comment

I wish, 19K! I have seen scores that high with similar setups to mine, so I am wondering how they get that score. I am hitting 17K with my "eye candy" options set to (some) balanced and (all other ones) set to quality, v-sync is on, etc... So, I guess if I were to just set them all to performance, I'd hit 18K or so... Well, maybe... I am just happy about 17K with super good image quality. :)

And, yeah, good ram makes a real big difference, but, I think Jamies concern was that his ram showed up as 133mhz, and not 166mhz where it is set to in the BIOS? I think? Jamie, maybe you can give us some more info on your FSB speed, CPU to memory ratio and exact memory timing values. Thanks! :)

Comment

CPU external clock frequency - (133mhz)
            CPU frequency multiple settings - (Auto)
            System performance - (Optimal)
            CPU interface - (Optimal)
            Memory frequency - (By SPD)
            Resulting frequency - (166mhz)
            Memory timings - (optimal)
            SDRAM active precharge delay - (7)
            SDRAM ras to cas delay - 3
            SDRAM ras precharge delay - (7)
            SDRAM cas latency (2.5T)
            FSB spectrum (disabled)
            AGP spread spectrum (disabled)
            CPU vcore setting (auto)
            CPU vcore (1.750v)
            Graphics aperture size - (128mb)
            AGP frequency - (auto)
            System bios cacheable - (enabled)
            Video ram cacheable - (enabled)
            DDR reference voltage - (2.6v)
            AGP vddq voltage - (1.5v)
            AGP 8X support - (enabled)
            AGP fast write capability - (enabled)

Comment

Hey Rev,

It was Suicide who has got into the 19k scores on 3DMark2001.... I'm up to 16,799 and climbing Bro.... hope to make the 17K mark...

-Hawks

Comment

Sweeeeeet, Hawks! :)

Jamie, all your settings look perfect to me. You might try setting the memory frequency to a ratio of "1:1" to the FSB. You should have that option in your list of availble settings. Then, you could prolly set the individual values of your ram for more agressive timings. Like 3,3,6 cas 2.5. Running memory at the speed of the fsb seems to be the sweet spot for these nForce2 boards, well, that's what I have experienced, and others have as well. So, I bet you will score higher on system and gaming benchmarks with a setup like that, even though the memory is running at a lower frequency. I was shocked on my system when I ran all the tests. :)

Anyhew, if I were you, I would get try either, get an other memory stick identical to your current one, or take that one out in favor of two new (maybe faster?) memory sticks, so as to take full advantage of the dual memory controllers on that board. I know this does not help explain why those tests showed your ram and cpu as running slower than they are, but running the memory ratio at 1:1 is something to try. Why not, eh? Well, I hope some or all of this helps you. Take it easy...

Comment

Sorry for bothering again. You might have explain exactly how i do this more clearly. Im not as up on voltages and multipliers yet. i know the difference between the settings but i'm not sure still what you mean by the ratios and stuff. If you could do this for me that would be sweet man. Thankyou!

Comment

Theyneverknew.. is that card running at the core and memory speed with a standard generic cooler that was shipped with the card??? When i run mine at 325 core and 672 without crashing in 3DMark with this standard generic asus cooler

Comment

Jamie, sure I will help you. I wish I had that Asus board, though, it would make things a lot easier for me to describe to you. I will try to find some on-line docs for it's bios settings and post something later tonight or tomorrow. I will say right now that what I am suggesting does not involve changing voltages, at all. But, I am swamped at work right now, so I gotta run...
                      :cheers:

Comment

Did you manage to dig up any helpful info yet?

Comment

Working...
                        X