3d mark 2001se ARE THESE GOOD MARKS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah-hah...I think I'll grab those too

I always have the latest video card drivers - but for some reason I always seem to forget about the MB drivers:rolleyes:

Comment

if you take a look at my latest score in the post a few posts above. I can not improve performance anymore. I've tried taking my card settings right down to the bone. I set the infineon memory settings to the boards optimal which is 166mhz (supposedly). and i managed to squeeze 10572 3d marks with the default 28.32 drivers. these were the 3dmark settings

Microsoft Windows ME

DirectX Version 8.1

Mobo Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.

Mobo Model A7N8X

AGP Rates (Current/Available) 4x / 1x 2x 4x

CPU AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 1737 MHz

FSB 133 MHz

Memory 512 MB

Graphics Chipset NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600

Driver Name ASUS V8460 v28.32b

Driver Version 4.13.01.2832

Video Memory 128 MB

Program Version 3DMark2001 SE

Resolution 1024x768 32bit

Texture Format Compressed

FSAA Disabled

Z-Buffer Depth 24bit

Frame Buffer Double

Rendering Pipeline D3D Pure Hardware T&L

Test Results
      3DMark Score 10572 3D marks

Game 1 Car Chase - Low Detail 157.3 FPS

Game 1 Car Chase - High Detail 54.8 FPS

Game 2 Dragothic - Low Detail 191.4 FPS

Game 2 Dragothic - High Detail 103.9 FPS

Game 3 Lobby - Low Detail 140.9 FPS

Game 3 Lobby - High Detail 65.5 FPS

Game 4 Nature 59.6 FPS

Fill Rate (Single-Texturing) 1076.7 MTexels/s

Fill Rate (Multi-Texturing) 2325.3 MTexels/s

High Polygon Count (1 light) 50.5 MTriangels/s

High Polygon Count (8 lights) 12.6 MTriangels/s

Environment Bump Mapping 162.1 FPS

DOT3 Bump Mapping 165.0 FPS

Vertex Shader 102.7 FPS

Pixel Shader 127.4 FPS

Advanced Pixel Shader 96.6 FPS

Point Sprite 30.3 MSprites/s

Those 43.00 drivers have not worked from www.3dguru.com Please can someonme direct me quiclky to some links top quality latest drivers please??

Comment

Well done it appears you have nearly doubled your score:D

Comment

Some of the following suggestions should help increase your 3dMark scores:

-Reduce your Multiplier & increase your FSB to 166
          -If you only have a single 512MB dimm - get a 2nd one to make use of your motherboards dual channel support
          -Change the memory timings form optimal to expert - and reduce your CAS timings
          -Seriously consider switching to a different version of Windows - I know they don't give away XP CD's for free - but it is much better than ME
          -Get newer drivers for your video card
          -Get the newest nForce MB drivers if you haven't already
          -Overclock your CPU & Video card:D

Comment

Which are the best, latest and most stable drivers bening used at the moment by everyone here. I tried upgrading from gurus 43.00, but they were faulty. don't work. I was unimpressed. Here is another pain in the arse. Battlefield 1942 decides it won't run smooth frame rates again, even after installing the 1.3 patch last night, in which it worked fine for a SMALL while. What is going on. You find yourself troubleshooting the damn game than playing it. I can't find the links to the best patches.

Comment

hmm the 43's worked fine for me, but before that i used the 42.68's and those worked real well too :)

Comment

The 43's gave me problems too, so I'm just sticking with 41.09. However, I reinstallled my mobo drivers and it instantly gave me better scores. Before I reinstalled, the highest I got was 2996, and it more than doubled my score (8134.) Try reinstalling ur mobo drivers if you haven't already, it could be a problem with ur AGP slot.

Comment

Ok. I am using the non dual channel dimm. dimm 1 which is where my 2700 memory dimm is situated. A black dimm slot. RDR, do you think i will get better performance if i switch it from dimm one to 2. Or do i have to have Non dual channel mem dimm in dimm 1 in the first place. I also have some 2100+ crucial 512m ddr dimm, but is it compatible running with the faster memory. I don't think it is is it. And the Nforce2 drivers on the nvidia site - are they newer than my revision 44.03. It says though that it doesn't install the soundstorm audio driver. so do i have to do that from my disc i got with mobo. I know i am asking loads of questions and being a pain an all, but i wanna make sure i get things absolutely right. there are some other problems with graphic card or the software. I know you lot have loads of experience and can probably help me with these problems. When i install the 28.32 original drivers on this new A7N8X mobo. the asus live update in taskbar icon tells me this " No Card" and the Tweak Utility also will not run. saying something like cannot find valid Video card ID something very similar to that. Smartdoctor and the new release i downloaded. the new one i downloaded says "Command line error setup will not continue" after i run the setup file and reboot, the one i got with the graphic card driver disc gives me a _delis error. and when i do find a decent link to a graphic driver which actually works, do i install the AGP driver and will it conflict with the Nforce2 AGP driver???? i know there are a lot of questions, but i can't solve the problems. I even formated my Hard disk a while back. What could be happening RDR?

Comment

AGP drivers and video card drivers are not the same thing - do not uninstall your agp driver if you are updating your video card driver....only uninstall the previous videocard driver

I've never used the Asus live update - so I'm really not familiar with it

All the Crucial PC2100 I've ever had was really good stuff & capable of running at 166MHz with fairly agressive settings...I would put that dimm in too, so you can take advantage of the dual channel support - try it at 166MHz & see if it goes

Comment

I hope you are registered with futuremark, then you can take a look at these new scores, at least i think you should be able to. I just didn't think you could mix 2100+ mem with 2700+ mem crucial & infineon. But i will try this and providing my board does not get knackered.

3D MARK SCORE: 11556

Comment

Now that's more like it but ya'd do better now to get two sticks of quality PC3200/3500 memory and ya'll have much better performance.

Comment

One thing that everyone has overlooked is that his refresh rate is at 100Hz. I get about 650 more points on 3Dmark when I lower my refresh rate down to 60Hz just from 70Hz. Try lowering it and let us know how your score is.

Comment

something is defenitly screwed. I have an Athalon 900, SY-K7VTA-B (KT133, soyo)TI4400 300/610, and 512 PC133 RAM, and with defaults i get 5900 3D01/1080 3D03.
                            <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

That ya mobo and memory tryin' to tell ya that they're obsolete now.

Comment

Hi wiggo mate,,,could you please direct me to a good page or two in the forums where i can get the info on trying out tweaks or changes in my pc bios to help my graphics card performance,,,,things such as the graphics aperture size etc etc.

Also could you please refresh my memory,,,whats ok tempreatures for a pentium 4 northwood chip running under a normal workload,,,temps in c and f please thanks,,,cheers bud...
                                Later,,,,,
                                :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                                X