X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d mark 2001se ARE THESE GOOD MARKS?

I just ran this benchmark.

3D Mark 2001 SE current Score at these Settings

5541 3D Marks _ How good is this for this setup?

Admin Junkies/ computer freaks and all enthusiastics available please tell?

Hmmmm...there has to be something missing there...5K for that setup is too little...try updating your Ti4600's drivers...

try Guru3d and update your driver to the more recent drivers..from nVidia.

That should help...
    - Damien

Comment

go into your Direct 3d menu - and set everything for performance & turn off any AA or AF you have on

run it again and let us know the score....

Comment

Yes something is very wrong as my XP1800+ with R9K scores better than that. Do ya have AA and Vsync disabled, did ya install the motherboard drivers, are ya usin' both memory channels? :?:

Comment

My now gone 2000+ used to get 11K with a 4600.

Those seem like old nVidia drivers as well...
          - Damien

Comment

I have a problem too...I'm only getting 2900 on 3DMark2001, with my setup. I've tried everything...new drivers, tweak programs like Powerstrip, RivaTuner, etc....what else can I do?

Comment

I knew i also forgot to add something else to that list. The new motherboard I am using is an Asus A7N8X. I thought that it might be something with my drivers. I have this time finished the job in the lian li 62 case and am using round ATA and floppy cables. It seems to be paying off very nicely with the temperatures i am achieving. I will try those solutions. Thanks for tips an all, What was the AF again. And how do i tell if i am running both memory channels. Does upping the AGP aperture in BIOS do anything useful?

Comment

AF = anisotropic filtering

For both memory channels to work ya need 2 sticks of memory (1 in each channel).

Ya AGP aperture should be at least 128MB but with all ya memory ya could try 256MB and see if that helps any.

Comment

:thumb:
                  antialiasing: disabled
                  Anisotropic Filtering: disabled
                  Direct3D: High Performance and in 32 bit True Colour
                  OpenGL default colour depth: 32 bit
                  on this board i enabled the 8x agp which will prably allow the card to run at its full 4x potential i think. These asus boards have a special red LED for the AGP to tell you if the card it wrong card or not supported. No light lights up so i presum these 3.3 volt cards must run at 1.5 - am i right or what is happening here if it likes it?

Anyways am I really supposed to benchmark in 16 bit colour or 32bit.

I am interested in this because i have at last produce a score of

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6180829

10536 3D Marks

Chuffed or what!!

Comment

Both ya mobo and vid card will use the 4x AGP protocol which uses 1.5v. Just run the benchmark at it's default settings and it will look after the rest. Yes that score is a lot better (still low but a heap better) though the drivers that ya usin' are a little dated now so update them (www.guru3d.com) and turn off the antialiasing on ya Direct3D and have another go at it.

Comment

I have a question Wiggo.

I don't know if you remember me displaying crucial 512 unbuffered 2100+ memory with my older kG7 Raid setup.

With this asus board being twinbank dual channel, does this mean i can use the crucial with my Current 512 2700 DDR 2700+ Infineon memory in this Asus board?

If you could also give me some advice on career options in computing. I'd like to be some sort of journalist or editor. Or have a great job for a living testing the lates hardware and travelling to the Computer shows modding shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                        AF = anisotropic filtering

For both memory channels to work ya need 2 sticks of memory (1 in each channel).

Ya AGP aperture should be at least 128MB but with all ya memory ya could try 256MB and see if that helps any.
                        If your running a 256MB vid card 128 sure :) I wouldn't go more than half of the amount of vid ram on the card, or a quarter - 1/2 of the available system memory, whichever is less.

Comment

:laugh: :rolleyes2 :rofl:

Comment

http://service.futuremark.com/servl.../projectmanager

When i run Sandra 2002 and Sandra 2003 Memory Module Benchmark test. Sandra shows my memory running at 133mhz which in effect 266mhz is equal to what my CPU runs at. When in actual fact my memory is running at 166mhz. But surely with this Asus mobo i should be able to run memory at seperate speeds to CPU an vice versa. My 3d Mark Score was actually performed in 133mhz mem bus settings. So maybe my processor is slowing this score down and in fact my mem.

Comment

Also, go to grab the new nforce chipset drivers (2.03). Here's the link for WinXP version of the drivers -
                              http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=nforce_udp_winxp_2.03

These made a big difference for me. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X