Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I replace my G4 fan? (Warning: Gone Feral)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you noticed, when trying to oc this card there is a limit on the memory of 600 I think, if you know how to get past this please let me know how.
    my view on the two party system...

Comment

The GPU HSF that you had on before looks like it was made out of white plastic, hehehh...

I wonder if that would fit on my GF4 MX440SE? I think it has the same hole positions, but I don't think that my card has any output for a fan (Since it just has one HUGE heatsink instead) But that can easily be solved with the right tools. ;)

Then I probably could go beyond the 330 OCing mark! :D

The only problem is.... Where do you buy these from? I've tried looking around for some sort of order form on their site, but me no find one. :(

Comment

no worries, it'll fit on your card--the kit came with an adapter from the 3-pin to the regular 12 volt (the main psu connections)

they are sold at a lot of places online--ppl here can probably make recommendations, but here are a few popular onlnie places (for US buyers) I've found it at:

directron
        The best deals on computers, computer parts, desktops, laptops, electronics, tablets, software, gaming, hard drives, CPUs, motherboards, cables, and much more. With fast shipping and great customer service from Houston, Texas!

newegg

coolerguys:
        Look no further for all of your cooling fan and computer component needs. Coolerguys offers many top brands for PC and AV cooling and modification.

yeah, the old stock fan was chromed aluminum, but it sure does look like plastic! the all copper thermaltake hsf is great, but I can't really say the same for the ramsinks that it comes with. they seemed to be the wrong size, so I cut them up, which made the fins run the way I wanted them to.

Comment

i'm using the Same MSI 128MB TI4200.
          Why when i overclock the core memory above 285.it's lack when i playing 3DMARK2001SE.

Is that mean too hot 4 my Card?
          sometime,i saw my VGA card fan stop spinning?is that's fine?

HELP ME PLZ!!!!!

Comment

Usually it's normal to see the fan stop spinning when the computer's off, but if it's on and it just stops, check that the connections on the fan are in properly, and move the fan yourself around just to see that you haven't gone and melted your fan because you OCed it too much (Because of the heat it makes, it can melt the plastic in the fan).

If it is messed up, then I suggest you get a quality GPU HSF, like the Tt Copper G4 GPU HSF, Tt is a good make! :thumb:

Comment

yeah, any fan stopping while the computer is on is not good. : peace2:

Comment

how did you cut the heat sinks?
                my view on the two party system...

Comment

You don't cut them off, you take them off by little clips.

Comment

i cut the ramsinks (not the gpu heatsink) with a band saw, but i'm pretty sure a jig saw would work I think

a dremel should cut through aluminum, right?

i cut them up because the way they came and the way I think they wanted you to put the ramsinks on, the fins weren't facing the way I wanted them to.

compare the attached picture to the ones of mine above:

i prefer the fins to point towards the hsf so the air can pass through the fins instead of hit a wall and not get to the rest of the ramsink

Comment

Ohh right, so that's what he was on about, I thought it was a little strange, heh..

Comment

Just use a cheap hacksaw as that will do the job. ;)

Power tools arn't needed for everything. :D

Comment

i actually would like to get better ramsinks--whenever i feel them, they're pretty hot--i didn't know ram generated that much heat! copper ramsinks are pretty expensive thought--do you guys know of anyone who has made their own?

Comment

I prefer to do it without any tools, and bite it; if you keep chewing on it, something's bound to break. :D

Comment

Comment

The weight on my Ti4600 is about 500 g and i have not seen any troubles with it yet. As long as you are aware of the weight when you start moving around the pc.

:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                                X