Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I replace my G4 fan? (Warning: Gone Feral)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey might as well get one--it's only 12.99 USD

Comment

Yeah i got one of those thermaltake copper coolers for the
      gf4 Ti series of cards, but i don't need it though, haven't even
      unpacked it... I mounted the Zalman passive solution instead wich is great and of course 100% silent. :)

I have oc the gpu to 317 Mhz before it went unstable,
      so i think it's a extremely good cooler due to the fact that it doesn't need any fan... :thumb:

Review here:

:cheers:

Comment

Well, considering my last comment (and other threads) I thought I had better change my signiture...:devil win

Comment

i can't hear my Tt fan over my Volcano 7+ or my smart case fan 2, so it's noise isn't a big deal : peace2:

Comment

Great, sound isn't goint to be mutch of a issue here just as soon as we got the new apartment and i finally be able to get my own computer room where it's not going to be anything else other than the systems.

Comment

ha thats gheto with the pennies! www.tweakmonster.com has all cooper ram sinks for older geforces and new gf4's (they are the revised ones) that from what I hear are verry good quality, and way better than the ones provided with the thermal take set, They are all cooper then they have a shiney silver finish. they are a bit pricey though (cheapest ive seen is $15 for a pack of 8).
              Im trying to figure out how to get past the 600 limit on the memory speed for this msi video card. Its like the gf4ti4200 128mb are designed with the least amount of overclock ablity. Even the 64mb versions are faster. Im trying to get into the 700's on memory but it wont let me through coolbits, is there any other way to get passed this limit?
              my view on the two party system...

Comment

Comment

Zalman doe's not provide any memory sinks.
                  But since i don't oc it's not that important to me.

Comment

hey does oc'ing kill the life of video cards?

Comment

Well I bought the TT HS/FAN and I %$#*ED up my video card. Just wondefull, IM using a damn PCI gf2mx right now, I dont know how I messed the thing up, I was haveing problems with the fan connector which BTW is really odd because even though we have the same video card urs is a 3 pin, and mine is a 2pin, then I had problems with the push pins, but I got past that. I put it back in and I get square blotches all over the place, Then it gets worse and you cant make anything out, is it truely broken, or is it fixable? Ive tried everything, taken it out and put it back in like 5 times just inspecting the card, I even reinstalled the drivers twice, I am in tears, Somebody PLEASE HELP ME!!!! If my card is broken, could I still get a new one on warranty? How could I get away with buying the same card again and just switching the broken one for the new one, take it back and get money back?
                      my view on the two party system...

Comment

Sorry, after a coolingfan switch like that your warranty is gone...

:(

Comment

if you put the original back on, would MSI know the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Malabooboo
                            if you put the original back on, would MSI know the difference?
                            <CENTER><p>

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by negomike
                              Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeAliOuS
                                If you noticed, when trying to oc this card there is a limit on the memory of 600 I think, if you know how to get past this please let me know how.
                                yo Z, if & when you recover that N'vidia card check out resources available in TT How to's and or DIY Guides here and tweakersasylum.com, Twistedmods.com, Tomshardware.com...
                                any tweaker and or OC site should get required results... in the meantime, I'll check my files and PM you with coolbit cheats for
                                registry which allow ya to seriously OC the N'vidia.I too have MSI
                                Gforce 4 Ti4200 64Mb, card clocked 325/615 and not only stable
                                pulls down far better 3DMark2002se score than everything but
                                9700 pro.........and it comes close even to that ati card.....and if your still just getting pixelated squares/gobledegook try reseting
                                bios with mobo jumper and than making sure the default in bios is set to agp.........if thats what card is......and once again remove
                                and re-install drivers for card.........go on net & get most current
                                drivers from Nvidia.com.........do cold boot.........and see where it
                                takes you..........have fun.....learn......and good luck!:( : peace2: :cheers:
                                Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Working...
                                X