Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prices, prices........ GF4 FX is own for a while i guess
    (for people who can afford it)
    what will the next vid. card after that be? a radeon 9900 pro or something??? 9900 pro <-- i just guessed the name...the R350...
    if whoever wants to trade there GF4 FX w/ a 9500 Pro or a TnT2 video card.. ask me please....:laugh:

Comment

quick note :
      theoretical bandwith listed by nvidia (ti-4600):10.4gbps
      theoretical bandwith listed by nvidia (FX): 16.7gbs
      Theoretical bandwith by ati (9700 pro): Bandwith 20,2 GB/s

also please note ati specs:

620Mhz 256-bit DDR BGA ::fx probably will remain 128-bit for the time being,

iin conclusion while the fx card may have faster memmory the theoretical performance as stated by nvidia will be on equivilence with the 9700pro until it is further developed.\

..:: pr0 ::..

Comment

"Although higher memory bandwidth is always a good thing, modern graphics cards achieve their high performance by employing intelligent memory interfaces. Matrox' Parhelia is a prime example of this. Even though its theoretical bandwidth is twice as high as that of a GeForce4 Ti4600 (NV25), it fails to achieve its rival's scores by a long shot. The reason is the NV25's highly optimized memory interface (Lightspeed Memory Architecture). The GeForceFX (NV30) will use an even more refined version of this interface. In addition to Z-data compression, the chip is now capable of lossless 4:1 color compression in real-time (more on that later, in the section on Intellisample). NVIDIA promises a major performance-boost in combination with antialiasing. On top of that, larger caches and more refined caches as well as highly tweaked "crossbar" controller are also part of the new chip "

Found a Great article from tomshardware.com
        Awesome Read for the Nvidia FX

Comment

still even as an nvidia advocate the 9700 will probably remain top till nvidia works all the bugs which we all know will be present at the release time
          ..:: pr0 ::..

Comment

From what i've heard the ati 9700 brings quite a bit of problems, it's many people who had to send em back.
            Even at this time when the childhood diseases should be gone.

I'm stickning to nvidia, good performance and reliability,
            altough the price on the new FX will sting a bit...

And i think Gf FX will no doubt handle Doom III best of all cards on the market due to the games special programing to suit Geforce FX.

:cheers:

Comment

Ya don't really have to buy it ya know. :rolleyes2

Comment

True, but hey Wiggo, IF i go ahead and buy it i could always send
                the invoice to you... ;)

:laugh:

Comment

Not bloody likely atm m8, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=7342 ;)

Plus I'm just as happy on this as I am with this. :p

Comment

Yes i've read about your son's miraculos luck to survive the accident. Stuff like that freaks me out since i also experienced
                    some not so fun stuff in my younger days involving traffic... :(

You have some really nice setups there.
                    I'm thinking about building my gf an amd based pc this time.
                    An 2000 or 2200+ would be more than enough power for her use.

:)

:cheers:

Comment

I sure wish that the missus and I could heal like that. :cry:

Actually if ya can get an XP2400+, 2x 256MB PC3200 RAM and an nForce2 mobo that should do her for a good long time plus still be upgradable. ;)

Also has some interestin' darkside abilities as well in that combination. :devil win
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Speaking of being upgradeable... Does anyone know how much further AMD will go with the XP clock once the Hammer gets into "real" production? :?:

Just wondering,
                        JM :afro:
                        Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

I've heard that several places have XP3200+ Barton cores now for testing purposes but who would really know with the 2-3yr life that they reckon Socket A has left in it (if that long at all with the pace of progress now) before it joins Sockets 3/4/5/7/SS7/8/370/423 and Slots 1/2/A (plus anyothers that I may have missed) in the graveyard for landfill? : peace2:

Remember we're still waiting for the PCI bus and hard drives to be removed from our systems "oldest of bottlenecks" list yet. ;)
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:rolleyes: Well I would like to comment on the ATI 9700 Pro. I bought one and returned it less than 24 hours later. The card is a total piece. Spent almost $400 to get a measly 7 fps faster than my old Asylum 128 Nvidia GF4. I went back to my Nvidia. Not only that but ATI really screws with windows. I had a heck of a time getting all their garbage out of my system to get it tweaked again. Just words of warning when going with ATI. I will say this about ATI, if you are doing video editing there is nothing better out there. If you are using this for gaming stick with Nvidia.

PEACE!

Comment

You guys are beginning to sound like children, I mean come on. First of all, the card isn't close to release, and all of these performance numbers are based on theory and a far from finished product. I have no worries that Nvidia will tweak the card to peak performance, kicking the Radeon 9700's ass with ease. Also, all this bandwith crap is just that, crap. Even if the 9700 has better bandwith (and it wouldn't be by much) the Nvidia card would be optimized to get far better perfomance with what it is working with. Don't forget DDR2.

Comment

PCI Express motherboards will be available by the end of this year (goodbye AGP), and then theres Big Water after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X