GeForce FX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce FX?

when is this new chipset coming out from nvidia(if its not already out)? and does anyone know if its gonna be 4x only or 8x AGP compatable also? wanna check this out...

You'll be able to pick up one for around $500 US mid Jan 03 - it will be AGP 8x with DX9 support.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

$500 U.S.?!? That'll mean it's gonna cost $908.50 Canadian (including 15% tax)!!! Nothing's worth that!

Comment

wow, a bit steeper than i expected, but damn i do want that card...... guess im gonna shell out the $500 for it, thanks

Comment

Well the lower version of the FX card at release will be $395us and the top $495us. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

well.....thats no good, i was under the impression that the Geforce FX was just a new chipset from nvidia, i didnt know it was a mobo......hrmmmmm

Comment

Soz but I started right but finished wrong (I should stop replyin' to two posts at once while half asleep).

Comment

Nah get the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro its the same speed and has more bandwith, though go with the Hercules Prophet Radeon 9700 Pro they added alot more Heatsinks to overclock it if u ever need to, which you won't. Nvidia is going under, I doubt it will be very strong in the next few years, this Nvidia FX Card is a just something to try to get the company moving again and it wont, the radeon is cheaper and there is more out on the market now. And Nvidia lost MAJOR contracts this past month, I know ive lost alot of money on them in the market so im selling and going with ATI now. My best advice get the Hercules Prophet Radeon 9700 128 MB Pro.:cheers: "Cheers"

Comment

While I will agree that some vendors have made a switch to ATi, it is foolish to believe that the nVidia folks are going under. Stocks have played havoc lately and technical stocks have been about the worst, so this is a very poor gauge of the market.

As to the comment of the ATi running at the same speeds and having more bandwidth, I believe you'll find you're wrong on both counts. Speeds for the GeForce FX are set at 500MHz for the core and 1000MHz for the memory. That's right, we're talking about a video card running in the GHz zone!

Also consider that the memory being used is the DDR2 variety. It will raise bandwidth levels by a large amount and the pre-production cards are beating out the Radeon 9700 Pro by a considerable margin.

Now don't get me wrong; ATi isn't sitting still, but the nVidia company will own the video market when the NV30 based video boards are released. It will only be a matter of time before the competition comes up with an answer, but have no dounts that NV30 is real.
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

Then once the opposition responds, nVidia turns around and opens the memory bandwidth even further (which is already planned). No we still have years of chasin' our tails tryin' to keep up with it all. ;)

Comment

Well in reality the both have the same bandwidth, it seems to me that both are the same, but theoritically the ATI is almost double the bandwidth, I was reading it in an ATI Press Release and at another Game Site and in my PC Gamer. I would assume those to be true, but hey there is always a better card out, and the ATI Radeon Card is the card of DOOM III, that in itself is quite impressive.

Comment

I would definitely go for the radeon 9700 pro after hearing those prices... The fx isnt gonna be that much better than the 9700.... Im in the process of building my computer and i just made the decision to get the ati card instead of nvidia.

Comment

from what i've read the Geforce FX will be significantly better than the R9700

....but it has a distinct disadvantage, in that you can't actually buy one right now.

Comment

Dam thats expensive....a 900 canadian..
                            i don't even have a penny on me...........
                            how will i get that card? haha
                            i'm bankrupt........my mobo took like more than 300 bucks off me....
                            lol no $ left......

You think 9500 pro will run doom 3 @ 35 fps?... :geek:

Comment

The GeForce FX will own the Video Crad MArket for a while ... and although price is steep taht would be the only thing holding me back from the purchase over the 9700. Since i alreasy have Ti4600...i will play with that until the FX gets at a reasonable price....which might take a while...
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X