No announcement yet.

X800 XT - Which brand to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no they're nv 40 links showing that they are also the nv 45 w/a pci-xpress bridge

Comment

As you probably know a few NVIDIA board partners have been given the opportunity to offer a faster 450MHz 6800 Ultra card, but from what I've read so far only one in a thousand chips will run at around 450MHz or faster. If this information is correct, and everything I've read so far suggests that it is, then I believe that 400MHz is the correct speed for its current NV40 core.

Whilst looking at BFG's site, I noticed that its 6800 Ultra OC card is being quoted at 425MHz, which confirms this story.

Comment

so that basically leaves pci xpress as the big factor in doubling the 6800's current numbers, if they can really push that bandwidth with power optimizations.....still , i have to hear myself say that again....double the current performance of the 6800......double the 3d marks.....double the fps.....i'm seeing double.....help!

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
          so that basically leaves pci xpress as the big factor in doubling the 6800's current numbers, if they can really push that bandwidth with power optimizations.....still , i have to hear myself say that again....double the current performance of the 6800......double the 3d marks.....double the fps.....i'm seeing double.....help!
          double... hehe. i don't think so: http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=554

Comment

hey.....i can dream can't i?.......it's true currently there aren't any games that need the extra bandwidth, but, i can't imagine games like doom 3 and on not beginning to use that pipe......just the capability makes it a novelty in that people always to to push limits

Comment

It's like I said, games don't even use the extra bandwidth of AGP 8x. Doom 3 doesn't; nothing does. Your dreams won't become reality for years.

Comment

Yeah, I'd stick with ATI. Nothing is better than a 1st party manufacturer in my opinion; that's why I'm hesitant to go with nVidia.

Comment

X800XT Which brand to get?

Hello,

This is a good brand... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by oasis
                    Hello,

This is a good brand... ;)

hmmm. aren't those the prizes for the X800 launch competition?
                    btw seems the forums are finally back up. weird new interface - no smilys?

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
                      It's like I said, games don't even use the extra bandwidth of AGP 8x. Doom 3 doesn't; nothing does. Your dreams won't become reality for years.
                      I agree. with pci e ull get maybe a 5 fps increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietak 440
                        Yeah, I'd stick with ATI. Nothing is better than a 1st party manufacturer in my opinion; that's why I'm hesitant to go with nVidia.
                        ATI or ASUS

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglee
                          hmmm. aren't those the prizes for the X800 launch competition?
                          btw seems the forums are finally back up. weird new interface - no smilys?
                          Special gifts for enthusiasts!

Comment

Originally posted by oasis
                            Special gifts for enthusiasts!

I'm jealous!

Anyway, how is Gigabyte as a brand to get? And what's up with the prices of the X800 XT being way over $500 all of a sudden? pricewatch.com had the cheapest one at around $540 and on upwards in the $600 range (last time I checked, which was middle of the week).

Comment

Originally posted by hesh
                              I'm jealous!

Anyway, how is Gigabyte as a brand to get? And what's up with the prices of the X800 XT being way over $500 all of a sudden? pricewatch.com had the cheapest one at around $540 and on upwards in the $600 range (last time I checked, which was middle of the week).
                              Hello,

I can't comment on the Gigabyte board as I have never owned one, I use ATi exclusively.

Prices and shortages go hand in hand like gas.

One reason is lack of memory.

Some info on the GDDR3 memory

HERE

Comment

Gigabyte is a good brand as well as Sapphire but with the later you must check the spec's as they do sell some cheaper lower spec'd cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X