No announcement yet.

Video card options (merged threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as which is better between the XT and SE model. Well in short it depends. Just go to newegg and compare the core speed and the effective memory speed. Many are the same for the XT and SE model and even if they are not the core speed is 390 vice 400 not a noticable difference imho.

Comment

Ok im an idiot I admit it. But I still have more questions.

The card I'm looking at now is a ti4600 visiontech. The person I'm buying it from calls it "OEM" with "new original driver and cd". What does OEM mean? I read on some forum it meant "dont buy", but maybe I forgot, just DCing..

Gracias
      ------
      Phil:shoot3:

Comment

Original equipment manufacture ie not the retail box version, but yes the same card maybe missing cables, driver disk and/or manual. These items can usually be found on the web. Heck the only thing I ever use from the retail box is the card anyways you usually want the current driver anyways and not the ones they give you.

Comment

how bout this:

5700 ultra for $145 when all is said and done?
          is there any card better at this price with dx9>

thanks phil:shoot3:

Comment

No.

One more thing pay attention to the speeds of the core and the memory at that price I think you are getting a 5700 non ultra, but I could be wrong. Just watch and know what your getting. Trust me I just bought a 5900 nu in december and went through all this stuff.

Comment

yeah man its an ultra for sure, im pretty set on this card now because it seems like quite a steal. Thanks a bunch
              ------
              Phil

Comment

Sorry, rustydud, but the Ti4600 only supports Dx8.1. Why do you have to have Dx9 though? Because the few game that are out using Dx9 revert back to Dx8.1 if the hardware doesn't support Dx9.

The Ti also suffers when AA/Af is turned on- check this out.

Yeah, I know, Toms aint great. But they had the info.

Also, I wouldn't touch a 5700Ultra- the 5900 se or xt is about the same, and a much better card. A far better Dx 9 card (trust me- a mate just got a 5900 xt- great card).

Comment

I'm thinking of soon getting a 5900xt also great cards i have read and suppose to overlock like a carm. Either that or wating and getting new hig end of cid card w/e they comes out in a month of so from ati is that right.

Comment

Also, I wouldn't touch a 5700Ultra- the 5900 se or xt is about the same, and a much better card.
                    Ok, I see how the ti4600 suffers with AA. Other graphs didnt have it enabled and the results were thrown off. THen again, tho, these graphs indicate the 9500 pro outperforms its successor...I really dont know which data to trust. So you are saying the 5900s are about the same "price", yet alot better? Can I get one for under $200? THanks

--------
                    Phil

Comment

So you are saying the 5900s are about the same "price", yet alot better? Can I get one for under 0? THanks
                      You need to start reading the posting. I already brought this up and quated prices from newegg on current cards.

Comment

Does eVGA make a good card? The card im lookin at the 5900se is here . Thanks.

Phil

Comment

Yeah, thats a great card.. and can be overclocked nicly. I use it in one of my machines and I havent had any problems with it and it runs great :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by rustydud
                            THen again, tho, these graphs indicate the 9500 pro outperforms its successor...I really dont know which data to trust.
                            The 9500 should outperform the 9600 in many benchmarks. If I recall correctly the 9600 is a pumped up version of the 9200 or while the pumped up version of the 9500 is the 9700.

So while the 9500 is older it sometimes is more powerful. ATI got a lot a crap for this when they released it. though I think the 9000/9200 issue was bigger.

Though I might have complete mixed this all up. Hopefully someone can confirm/correct me here.

(and yes I am being too lazy too double check my info.)

Comment

Originally posted by rustydud
                              Ok, I see how the ti4600 suffers with AA. Other graphs didnt have it enabled and the results were thrown off. THen again, tho, these graphs indicate the 9500 pro outperforms its successor...I really dont know which data to trust. So you are saying the 5900s are about the same "price", yet alot better? Can I get one for under 0? THanks

--------
                              Phil
                              Ummmm... I don't know about those U.S. prices, and I can't be bothered to look at retailers that I can't buy from (and seeing those prices makes me green- esp. before I do the conversion). But here, the cheapest that I can get a FX5700Ultra is $280. The cheapest I can get a 5900XT is $315. Both of these cards are Albatron, BTW.
                              If the prices you can get are similar, then I would get the 5900XT-you get a lot more performance for the 10-15% extra cost.

Also, an unconfirmed rumor I heard was that some companies didn't get the XT/SE chips in time, so they used normal 5900 or even 5900Ultra chips. It sounds to good to be true, esp. the ultra.

Comment

Working...
                              X