RAMDAC:
    400MHz
    Max. Resolution:
    2048x1536@85Hz

I also found a radeon 9600 pro on new egg for $145. It sports:

Chipset/Core Speed: ATI RADEON 9600PRO/400MHz
    Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/600MHz
    and is made by "powercolor".

I'm debating between these two. Give your opinions. Also, if you have any suggestions for cards under $150, I'll will gladly take them. Just leave the website you found them on and price... The games I'm trying to play are todays high end games (Halo, CoD, MaxP2). I have a 3000XP+ Athlon...

-----------
    phil
    :shoot3:

Well, is it an FX5600 or an FX5700 you are looking at? Sounds like an 5600 by the stats, your title is off tho ^^. Between an FX5600 and Radeon 9600Pro, the Radeon wins hands down, its no contest at all. The 9600Pro is faster than the FX5600 and beats it even more once image quality is turned up. Def get the 9600Pro. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

The thread title says 5700 and the post says 5600. ;)

Comment

5600U vs 9600 Pro = 9600 Pro

5700U vs 9600 XT = 5700U

Comment

That ain't the 5600 as it's clock speeds are much lower than that, most are 275/275 or 320/275

Comment

post links, links really help people make sure you didn't make a mistake in your post.

May the URLs be with you

Comment

VERY SORRY GUYS it is indeed the fx5700 NOT fx5600....Im an idiot for not double checking...

----
              Phil

Comment

Originally posted by rustydud
                VERY SORRY GUYS it is indeed the fx5700 NOT fx5600....Im an idiot for not double checking...
                Ok then is it the standard version or the Ultra version? :?:

Comment

heres the link to the fx5700...doesnt really seem to specify

(its on ebay)

------
                  Phil

Comment

I think that's the non ultra version which can be beaten by a 9600Pro.

Comment

Yep it's definately Albertron's FX5700Q which is the stock item and not the FX5700U.

Comment

If its a plain FX5700 the 9600Pro is faster. I've found this to be a handy thing a far as comparing video cards, but I think that the testing has all AA etc. turned off, and that can change things a little (for example the Ti 4600's don't thrash as much of the FX range with AA/AF turned on). Anyway-

Its kinda odd in places though- for example the 'standard' 128 mb FX5600 (325/550) is faster than a 'standard' 128 mb FX5700 (425/550) is the Serious Sam tests. I don't know if thats due to arcitecture or something to do with the drivers.

Unless you've got a preference in the ATI/nVidia flaming match, and want to go purely from the benchmarks then the 9600Pro is the faster card.

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys I'm going to go with the radeon 9600 pro on newegg.com. The digitlife website especially helped, thanks

-----
                          Phil

Comment

sorry, had to add one more card into the mix before my final decision. What do you guys think about the MSI nVIDIA GeForce4 TI4600-8X Video Card (newegg.com) against the 9600 pro? The graphs I saw on that site (see above)made me think twice. It beats the radeon 9600 pro in most tests (Serious Sam, UT2003, and others). Plus its $5 less, but thats no biggey...thanks

----
                            Phil

Comment

Hey Dr Phil, the Ti4600 is a fast card but it don't have DX9 support.

Comment

Working...
                              X