No announcement yet.

Sapphire OEM Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deliberately posting off topic? Don't bother...

A lot of TVs now can support higher resolutions, namely HDTV compatible sets. Modern generation consoles try and support this where they can, so 640x480 isn't all that they have to adhere to. Plus, with plasma screens and their higher resolutions becoming more widespread, it's a natural progression really.

Comment

yes, i recognized that the higher resolutions were possible, and therefore conceded that point..............but, nonetheless, that probably isn't the case in this instance nor would it be the case in most other instances as well, so let me get off topic, as it is becoming a weary issue, considering this line of rhetoric, is off topic, from the original thread........sapphire oem radeon 9800 pro 128 mb

Comment

You are right this thread has gotten off-topic from its original purpose in which I have already come to the conclusion that this card is not for me on the basis that it will not perform to my expectations.

Comment

anadtech's review shows very little difference between the 9800 pro and the 9700 pro, and hardocp shows little improvement of the 9800xt over the 9700 pro...........with the new core cards nv40/r420 coming within the year, the 9700 pro may well be the best value looked @ the perspective of being a very good stop gap card in the interim..............or even wait for the 9600xt, get HL2, and suffer more on the performance end until the new core cards arrive........but, either way, it's win/win
          yours very truly, junior........................hehe

Comment

The 9800s clock a lot better than the 9700s and put a big gap there easily. They are also faster at the same clock.

Comment

50 bucks between the two........no skin off to get the 9800 pro if need be........what i'm saying is that my target card is the next gen issue, so i'm not all that bugged about the difference in a few frames, considering they both crank

Comment

Working...
              X