Sapphire OEM Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thermaltake22
    I bought the 9800 128mb ( sapphire ) for 250$, and i just OCed it to pro speeds...
    Then don't say you have a Pro in your sig....cuz you don't.

What kind of memory does it have and how high does it go?

Comment

lol i totaly messed up in my sig, those speeds arnt right. Whatever the pro speeds are, my card is 5-10mhz above that. I would check but im on my laptop..

It gets 10mhz above pro speeds on the core, and mem., after that, you're gonna see artifacts. Its still a great card for 250$! I was the last person to buy it on newegg...hehe. I also have great cooling, so thats why i can hit so high.

Comment

You claim it gets 10mhz more than the Pro...yet you don't know what the Pro clock speeds are....so how can you claim that??

I know what they are. But do YOU?

Comment

well if you dont all ready know on of the reviews on newegg about this card says that it has the 2.86 mem so at least on of them do kinda wish that i had got this one instead of the one i got . now im just playing phone tag with them maybe someday i will get a good one.there was another review that said that he got samsung on his board too

Comment

The reason most people freak out when I show them this is because the picture newegg uses for the card is wrong. It is a picture of a 9700. But the product you get is still the real deal. I am going to be getting this card and seeing what it can do. It has all the signs of being just as good as the ATI OEM cards.

Comment

it's the black pcb of a 9700 yet it is a 9800 pro w/samsung chips...........everything i've seen on it suggests it runs just fine. the only drawback is the wimpy heatsink and fan on the core that will proclude it from overclocking without some modification

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                it's the black pcb of a 9700 yet it is a 9800 pro w/samsung chips...........everything i've seen on it suggests it runs just fine. the only drawback is the wimpy heatsink and fan on the core that will proclude it from overclocking without some modification
                No, the picture is wrong. Compare it against a 9700 and then a 9800, they are different, mainly the capacitors and things are in different locations.

Also I will be modifying the card and the stock cooling is not staying.

Comment

and soul, hey, maybe i'm wrong.................but from what i've read, this is a hybrid card w @ black 9700 pcb yet it's a 9800 pro..........i'll do some digging again, as it's been awhile since i researched that particular card.............me personally, i'm staying away from that one, to pick up a retail card like powercolor at the same price.......just go to pricewatch

Comment

The picture shows a 9700, it has been covered before as I found out at xtremesystems.

"Sapphire 9800 Pro"

9700 Pro

9800 Pro

Whatever it is, its still a 9800 Pro when it arrives at your door....and its a very good buy.

Comment

what's the basic difference between the oem card and retail, just the bundle? or is it from a lesser batch...............they're all around here in socal @ 295.........but for 310, i can go powercolor retail........

Comment

Retail = Full box and all software

OEM = The same card without the box and extras

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
                          You must have a slower card, cuz Halo should run fine on recent hardware. Games like Unreal II are harder on your system than Halo.
                          I would beg to differ, as you can use PS 2.0, for example, in Halo. Also has to do with the porting of the software into PC format not being as good as an original PC game (which it should have been). Anyway, Extremetech.com have a review about it. :idea:

You claim it gets 10mhz more than the Pro...yet you don't know what the Pro clock speeds are....so how can you claim that??
                          Do you ever do benchmarking, then post on a forum at work, and can't exactly recall the speeds of every GPU out there? I don't know about you, but I don't have a photographic memory :

Comment

I have an uncanny ability to remember numbers.

And you're right, the port wasn't excellent, it should run a lot faster than it does considering how it ran on the 733mhz Xbox with video somewhere between GF3 and GF4. I really don't know how the hell they pull off games of that caliber on a system like that.

Comment

Here's the deal with this card. It is a hybrid card, with all the 9800 components on a 9700 PCB. The performance is around 1-5% lower at the same clock speed than the Retail 9800 Pro. It seems like a good deal, but newegg now has the 9800 Non Pro back in stock again for only $243.

Comment

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I will ask it here. Is a Refurb Sapphire 9800 Pro for $223 any good? What kind of memory would it have? Here is the link:

(BTW, it's not in stock right now)Refurb 9800 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X