Sapphire OEM Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire OEM Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

Anyone have one of these and can confirm it uses Samsung K4D263238E-GC2A (2.86ns)? How does it overclock?

Soulburner: This is a Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB card (see attachment), sorry but I haven't owned one so I can't help you with the other information.

Comment

Yes I know what that is but theres no reason why I should have to spend $50 more for the same card.

This is the cheapest one you can get.

Comment

Soulburner: Your thread is headed Sapphire OEM Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB, but the card you have linked to appears to be a Radeon 9700, to the best of my knowledge the only 9800 version that uses a 9700 PCB is the SE version for China, that's why I posted a picture of a Radeon 9800.

Comment

That is not a 9700, read the title. It is also not the SE version, again, read the title...the 9700s are $100 cheaper and the SE is only $175.

Comment

Soulburner: I did read the title, which is why I queried your choice of image. Now having gone to New Egg to view the various products, it would appear to be a "Special", ie a R350 GPU fitted to a R300 (variant) PCB. I haven't seen this combination before so I won't comment any further.

Comment

http://www.compuhq.com/atificra98pr.html $291
              none of the cards overclock all that great.........they are coming to the max on that core..........the xt being probably the limit they could squeeze out.............i've seen benchmarks, and they're all about five frames or so

Comment

Originally posted by weta
                Soulburner: Your thread is headed Sapphire OEM Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB, but the card you have linked to appears to be a Radeon 9700, to the best of my knowledge the only 9800 version that uses a 9700 PCB is the SE version for China, that's why I posted a picture of a Radeon 9800.
                weta that is a Sapphire R9800P as I nearly bought one last weekend (likely just a packagin' change has taken place) but I decided to save $300aus instead and got the Sapphire R9600P.

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                  http://www.compuhq.com/atificra98pr.html 1
                  none of the cards overclock all that great.........they are coming to the max on that core..........the xt being probably the limit they could squeeze out.............i've seen benchmarks, and they're all about five frames or so
                  That is cheap but I need to verify the quality of the components used before I buy.

Also the comment about the overclocking is not true, as I have seen many of them make it to 450-485mhz core from the stock 380 on air cooling alone, and they show impressive gains from it.

Comment

basically, i'd try not to fry it.......maybe i'd push it some...........but at that framerate wtf?
                    you know........w/ the game and whatever perks are in the xt, a fifty buck differential isn't bad............you'd shell out 50 for the game anyways, so at 4 bills for the 128 version of xt, you'd get the best core to overclock, if there's much room.......but performance of 5% better or so as well

Comment

It's all about the 3DMark :thumb:.

Comment

by some other forms to test dx9..........just got halo the other day, and it's pushing my card to the limit........it really is about the particular game or kind of game that best benefits from a particular card..........anandtech's article comparing the xt to the nv38 too is making me feel something may spring from nvidiaville

Comment

You must have a slower card, cuz Halo should run fine on recent hardware. Games like Unreal II are harder on your system than Halo.

Comment

it's just this is the first i can't run decently in 16x12x32

Comment

I bought the 9800 128mb ( sapphire ) for 250$, and i just OCed it to pro speeds...

Comment

Working...
                              X