Should i go know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeradul
    I'm betting that is STILL at least a year away, and prices won't come down on those systems for nearly two years from now. (after mobo and chipset companies have worked out bugs and whatnot)
    Not to mention that the new mobos coming out in the very near future will not have an AGP bus slot !!!
    They will use the new PCI Express bus ! So if you want to make this upcoming upgrade really worth it, I'd wait at least a year for the CPU / mobo / RAM (think DDR2-533 or -667) deal from your dad. Get a video card now that's NOT EXPENSIVE !!!
    The 9700Pro is really cheap now and has great performance. If you get an FX5900 now, you'll be "wasting" it because the new setup won't be able to use the AGP card you're about to buy...And you won't be using it to it's "half" potential with your current setup.
    I'm not saying "Don't get a video card !" I'm just trying to help you not make an expensive "long term" mistake.
    However, the bottom line is.....Do what feels right !
    :2cents:
    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

homeworld1031tx, There would be no point running either a Geforce FX 5900 value or standard on your present system,
      so consider keeping your existing graphics card and upgrade your motherboard, processor and memory instead.
      Next year you'll have a lot more options to choose from, Athlon 64 processor, PCI-X, DDR2 memory, PCI-Express, SATA2,
      Crush K8S chipset, Nvidia NV45 PCI Express graphics card, GDDR3 and it goes on and on.

PS, I'd recommend an Abit NF7-S v2.0 motherboard, Athlon XP 2500+ processor and 512mb PC2700 (or higher) DDR memory.

Comment

Yeah, maybe i will get an NF7-S or a A7N8X Deluxe. Is that new Gigabyte Board anygood Weta?
        <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Okay, I just asked my dad, and i decided (and he said yes :D :D )to upgrade to 2500 and the other stuff right now. He said he would buy me a new video card at Christmas, and i can save up for a Clawhammer upgrade in 2004. Or should i go the other way around???

Okay, well, i need to know which motherboard to get. The 8RDA+, NF7-S, or A7N8X Deluxe??? Also, for the NF7-S, Revision 2.0 is the latest, right?
          <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Why can't my dad buy me stuff..:rolleyes2

:scream:

Comment

Well, are you 13 or like 20:?: :?: :?:

Comment

Well actually I'm 25 in a few weeks.. : party ha

Comment

So you have a job???
                  But anyways, I'm on newegg right now, and they have a special promotion for GeIL Golden Dragon 2x256 sticks PC3200 for $99.00. Its a good price, but are the DIMMs any good?? The chips on it are really small, so im going to guess that its a good quality DIMM.

Comment

Hel homeworld....Im also 13 and know a tight udget...ive probably made $400 this yr but ive shelled it ll out on stuff. If ya gonna savce up for Clawhammer, Id just keep your current rig and save that $300 for it,

Comment

Well my dad just told me to wait a while before i upgrade. Also, im thinking about just waiting until September for Homeworld 2 to come out, and ill upgrade then, cause i dont really need it right now.
                      AMD_man2003: What your saying is kinda like what i first had in mind. But, no that i think about it, I don't really need Clawhammer until 2004 cause then all the good stiff will come out (Crush K8S, DDR2 support, PCI-X/Express)

Comment

Originally posted by homeworld1031tx
                        AMD_man2003: What your saying is kinda like what i first had in mind. But, no that i think about it, I don't really need Clawhammer until 2004 cause then all the good stiff will come out (Crush K8S, DDR2 support, PCI-X/Express)
                        Good point...i forgot bout that one...woohoo..i got a year to save up a thousand dollars!!!! Will still probably buy a Clawhammer when it comes out, then save up what i hae left the new stuff

Comment

Hey homeworld! I am 14 and also on a tight budget I know what it is like to want all this cool stuff but unable to get it! :shrug: Drives me nuts! I will be actually building people's computers for money this summer. I already have 1 person lined up and another that might work> I am excited. But anyways enough of me,

You have a pretty serious problem! You really need to upgrade everything else in your system before you tackle the 9800. That would be such a mistake. I guess you will have to be mowing lawns this summer or whateveer.:cry:

Chaos Rules DUde!:flames:

Comment

Yeah, thats what everyone else is saying. But how did you get people to let you build them there computers??? Me and my friend are thinking of starting a business, and we can't find anyone who wants to buy from 2 kids!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: I even put things up on eBay and no one bought them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos
                              Hey homeworld! I am 14 and also on a tight budget I know what it is like to want all this cool stuff but unable to get it! :shrug:
                              :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mad: :mad: :mad: Its just not fair

Comment

For one thing...no computers have been built by me yet. But let me tell you...there are plenty of people who are willing to buy from kids! I know. People have already approached me. Here is advice: don't act like a geek, remember that they are also buying you not just the machine, be positive not negative, and try to think of something that is different from everyone else. Like ,me, i will build a comp. custom around a person based on a form that they fill out. See that is what you must do. Be positive and try to get help from your parents. I hope this helped. By the way, this is proof to all you non-believing adults out there that kids can do things for themselves and are not as dumb as you think we are.

Chaos

Comment

Working...
                                X