FSB Overclocking and other components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL

Glad to be of some help, but there's no "Bigshot" here. Just a guy who has learned a bit through trial and error... and who doesn't mind sharing the knowledge with others. I figure if my mistakes can help out someone else, then that's all well and good. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I'm running the Swiftech MCX462 and it keeps my cpu to 39C full load. :D

Comment

Not surprising Cyrix... that is one fine piece of cooling you have there. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Damn, this thing just will not breat 10*110. I upped the voltage slowly until I maxed it out at 1.875 trying to get the illusive 10*120. No success :cry:

Comment

my experience with T'birds (a 900, 1200 & 1400) is that for some reason they just don't like certain Mult/FSB combinations

10x110=1100 doesn't seem like much of an OC for a 1GHz T'Bird - but you may find that if you unlock your mult. - you may be able to attain higher speeds with muliplier that is higher.

I bet it would run at 11x100FSB=1100 no problem

get out your HB pencil and connect your L1's - and let us know how it work's out

Comment

I have the same with my old amd 1000!

Comment

Heheh this may be sad but I can't unlock my multipliers... reason being I'm afraid of installing my FOP-38. :snip:

Comment

Well ya could think about a better more user friendly HSF at the same time and there are quite a few out there now. ;)

Comment

I really like the ones that screw directly into the board... but I'm tight for cash right now, and a need some more DDR and an Athlon XP...

Comment

the FOP isn't that bad for reinstalling - i had mine on and off several times & I eventually gave it to a friend who's using it on a 1.33/EP-8K7A combo now

the only core I ever wrecked was a 900 T'bird with a thermoengine & that was really my own fault :rolleyes:

Comment

The Gladiator not bad either, if you don't have a mobo tray.......made my cpu upgrade a snap.... JAT.

Comment

Originally posted by GiMP
                          Heheh this may be sad but I can't unlock my multipliers... reason being I'm afraid of installing my FOP-38. :snip:

The FOP-38 is actually quite easy to install if you use a small flat-bladed screwdriver and a small pair of needle-nose pliers. Press gently down on the screwdriver - the FOP series clips ain't that strong. pull the lug out with the pliers and when it is under the socket hook release the pliers and it should snap under the hook. Easy! :)
                          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I guess it wouldn't be so hard if I had a shim, I might have to invest in one... I've broken 2 clips for my FOP-38, each time I emailed Globalwin and said it was damaged on arrival
                            damn things are so thin and cheap

btw is it better to install a heatsink that requires alot of force like my FOP-38 in the case or out of the case on a bench or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by GiMP
                              btw is it better to install a heatsink that requires alot of force like my FOP-38 in the case or out of the case on a bench or something like that.

That's what I find as well mate :thumb:
                              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

So you mean out of the case?

Comment

Working...
                                X