Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overeclocking one of the fastest PC ever

hi every body

i have bought one of the best comuter with the most poerfull devices available worl wide
    and here is the specifications >>

Mother board gigabyte 8knxp
    RAM 512 * 2 Elixir 400mhz working on Dual channel
    H.D.D 2 * 80 GB Serial ATA from MAxtor working as RAID 0
    VGA GIGABYTE RADEON 9800 PRO WITH 256 DDR2 MEMORY and 256 Bit bus
    GIGABYTE 3d cooler for cooling the CPU
    CPU 3.06 Ghz with 533 FSB I know that I should bought 3.2 800 FSb but that what happened ..
    any way may be i would replace it with another 800 FSb CPU , what i want to tell you now is I tried to over clock my CPU
    and i think that i achieved somthing
    last thing i reached is 156 FSbith 3.59 GHZ and 393 Mhz for ram ( you know for intel chipset if the CPU is 533 then the ram would only work at 333)
    to achieve that i have increased the core voltage from 1.525 to 1.6v and i add +1 fro te AGP and PCI voltage
    but after all these my computer wasnt stable so that i return to 150 which means 3.45 Ghz and i return the AGP and PCI voltage to normal ..
    and my PC is stable
    so proffisional what do you think ?
    how can i achieve more than 3.59 i think i have one of the best specification .. and i want to knock 3.8 GHZ
    what should i do to achieve that ?
    by the way i couldnet achieve 3.59 ubtill i increase the core voltage from 1.525 to 1.6 before that i do that my pc refused to setup
    and when i tried to increase the FSb beyond 156 to 158 my PC refused to setup even if i increased the voltage to 1.68 and +1 for AGP and PCI

so do you think thati reached the maximum clock ..
    if so how to make more stable in 3.59 and 156 FSB ..
    note my CPU thrmal is around 45 Centegrade ... I think it is normal in this situation ..isn't it ?

Originally posted by First Engineer
    hi every body

i have bought one of the best comuter with the most poerfull devices available worl wide
    and here is the specifications >>
    Most unpowerful devices.
    The 3.06 P4 is crap, you'd get a huge increase if you had the 3.0C, My 2.4c probably outdoes that POS 3.06 Also, what mobo do you have? If its stable at a certain speed than you probbaly hit its maximum

Comment

Thanx for your reply my friend ..

Yes I agree with you that my 3.06 is not that big deal ..
      regardless that catch word (one of the fastest PC )
      I am asking about the overclocking do you or any boady here have a some suggestion to to increase the clock or to make it more stable

is increasing the AGP and PCI has a good effect regarding the stability ?

Comment

"overeclocking one of the fastest PC ever"?
        Ha!
        My 2.4C @ 3.4GHz would chew that 3.06 up and then spit it out before Windows was finished loading let alone doing anything else plus leave the AGP/PCI buses at their default speeds. :roll:

Comment

My 2.4C @ 3.4GHz would chew that 3.06 up and then spit it out before Windows was finished loading let alone doing anything else.
          Actully no, it wouldnt. They would get done at about the same time. You would see no BIG diff between 3.06 and 3.4... :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by tacos4me
            My 2.4C @ 3.4GHz would chew that 3.06 up and then spit it out before Windows was finished loading let alone doing anything else.
            Actully no, it wouldnt. They would get done at about the same time. You would see no BIG diff between 3.06 and 3.4... :roll:
            Man by me ownin' both of them I can see that you certainly don't know what you're talkin' about (even if I could get my 3.06 to the same speed as the 2.4 it still would be behind). :roll:

Comment

hey People .. it seems that we lack profissional here ..

CPU speed and clock is nothing to the system overall performance..

the most imprtant thing is how to deliver data to that CPU in the right time..
              CPU spending more than 33 % of its time awaiting for the data to arraive from the other devices..

thats why HT technology improve the performance 30 % in the same speed because it reduce the latency ..and improve threade processing and multitasking ..

the most important thing for the PC overall performance is the motherboard and the FSB not CPU speed !! because it control how the DATA will deliver to the CPU
              if we could use all the resources for 2.4 we can beat the current 3.2 , because due to current limitation application could not use more than 33 % of the CPU full resources ..

any way ..
              I have changed my CPU and get one 3.2 with HT and 800 fsb ..
              but that was very bad i wish i could replace again with my old 3.06 ..
              because i cant overclock it.. this is a very bad CPU , the maximum FSB i reached is 207 which means 3.312 Ghz , when ever i try to reach more My system crush down with that ugly blue screen ..even if i increase the core voltage or AG , PCI voltage .. I tried every thing with no benefit..
              I reached 3.6 with that 3.06 533FSB CPU .. ..

so I think some people here should chnge thier mind regarding 3.06 ..

Comment

Man by me ownin' both of them I can see that you certainly don't know what you're talkin' about (even if I could get my 3.06 to the same speed as the 2.4 it still would be behind).
                then lets see some numbers, smartass

Comment

then lets see some numbers, smartass
                  Ok I could throw numbers at ya but would you believe them? Though think about my 2.4C @ 3.4GHz with a 280MHz FSB against my 3.06B @ 3.34GHz with a 145MHz FSB and I'm sure that you'll soon see why the 3.06 is behind.
                  The 3.06 was a step above the other P4B's due to it being HT enabled but all P4C's are HT enabled though the big difference in scores and performance come from the fact that a 200MHz FSB performs very much better than a 133MHz FSB which is why the 3.0C is ahead of the 3.06B and my 2.4C @ 3.4GHz scores 2500+ memory pts in Sandra and 700+pts in PCMark'02's CPU bench over my 3.06 @ 3.34GHz (both use ASUS P4P800 mainboards).
                  But if you owned both like I do then I wouldn't have to explain this to you. :p

Comment

Dear way out ..
                    well what you have mentioned is theoratically right but as you know there is a practical limitation actually as i told you i exchanged my 3.06 to 3.2 800 fsb but the suprise is that there is a very slight differince in performance due to DR.Hardware 2004 ..!!

Comment

You'd be best to leave the PCI and AGP busses at 33MHz and 66MHz, respectively. PCI devices stop playing nice when you get around 40MHz. There is no benefit to OCing the PCI bus, unless having some of your devices stop working is considered a benefit.

Comment

Dear Morgan ,

Well I left the PCI and AGP just the same , but the problem that I cant increase the FSB more than 207 ?
                        when ever I hit the 208 my system go for Blue screen ..!!
                        should i Increase the CPu voltage more than 1.6 ?
                        is 1.7 should help ?
                        I see that some people achieved very good results.. some people hit the 280 FSB (WAY OUT44)
                        why cant I since I have one of the most advanced hardware ?
                        WAY OUT could You explain a liitle how did yo achieve that ?
                        what is your current CPU core voltage ?
                        :?:

Comment

Due to the 2.4c @ 3.4 it can kill a 3.06 because of the fsb difference and clock speeds.
                          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                          SC: Audigy 2 zs
                          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by First Engineer
                            any way ..
                            I have changed my CPU and get one 3.2 with HT and 800 fsb ..
                            but that was very bad i wish i could replace again with my old 3.06 ..
                            because i cant overclock it.. this is a very bad CPU , the maximum FSB i reached is 207 which means 3.312 Ghz , when ever i try to reach more My system crush down with that ugly blue screen ..even if i increase the core voltage or AG , PCI voltage .. I tried every thing with no benefit..
                            I reached 3.6 with that 3.06 533FSB CPU .. ..

so I think some people here should chnge thier mind regarding 3.06 ..
                            Well im currently running my 3.2C at 3.54 on air......you must have poor airflow or something. Maybe you got a bad overclocking chip. Most people will agree that some chips will perform better when overclocked than others. Maybe power is your problem?

Comment

Dear legolas

Well for cooling and Air flow I have a special acrylic case with three FANS
                              and aslo GIGABYTE 3D-cooler Pro , and the board hsa extra 2 fan one for northbridg and one on the DPS2 card that included ..!!

anf for the power supply I have power supply with 300 w isn't that enough ?

Comment

Working...
                              X